Dear Parents and Guardians,
Yesterday we celebrated the feast of Our Lady of Fatima. What a way to celebrate Mothers’ Day! We hope all our moms were spoiled this weekend! It was heartwarming to see so many families last Friday at Muffins with Moms, after sitting together and celebrating Mass as a school community. Thank you to our Dads for serving our mothers in the Hall. Special thanks to Mrs. Guzman, Mrs. Padilla, and Mrs. Lakey for coordinating such a beautiful event. We also thank Mr. Pablo Flores for setting everything up, and Mrs. Castaneda for donating all the muffins and orange juice. We hope you made some great memories.
Thank you for making National Teacher Appreciation Week so special for our faculty and staff! The Continental breakfast provided by the parents was wonderful, and we are all so grateful for the outpouring of gratitude, love, and support! The gifts and kind gestures were well received. Thank you!
This week is Fiesta Week! From May 14-16, there will be Noon Dismissal all 3 days, due to Fiesta Set up (Daycare will be only until 3pm on 5/14-5/15, and there is NO DAYCARE OFFERED on Wed, 5/16). Students in K-2 who earned Citizenship for the first 2 trimesters will get a wristband for Fiesta. Students in Grades 3-8 who earned First or Second Honors and no referrals or suspensions will earn a wristband as well. Certificates will be passed out by Wednesday and they can be redeemed at 5pm on Friday, 5/18 at the parish rectory. Student must be present to receive the band. These bands are non-transferrable and if tampered with, they will be null and void.
May 29 is our New Parent Orientation for families entering the school. Vicki Marsha Uniform will be on campus that day as well, for parents who want to buy new uniforms for next year. Please see Mr. Aguilar to purchase Vicki Marsha Scrip in the office.
We will see you back at school on Tuesday, 5/22! Enjoy the Fiesta!
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2017 – 2018
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- May 14-16 – Noon Dismissal all 3 days, due to Fiesta Set up (Daycare till 3pm 5/14-5/15, NO DAYCARE OFFERED on 5/16)
- May 16 – $1 Jeans Day (Fundraiser for Ramirez Family), last day to check out Library Books
- May 17 – NO SCHOOL due to Fiesta Set up (Set up begins May 12)
- May 17-31 – STAR TESTING (Window #4)
- May 18-20 – Parish Fiesta (8 mandatory Fiesta hours per family), May 21 – NO SCHOOL Due to Fiesta Clean up
- May 22 –Choir rehearsal for First Communion in Rm. 5 3:15-4:15pm
- May 24 – Student Government Elections in Hall
- May 25 – Sports Banquet
- May 26 – School’s First Communion 12-2pm, led by Sr. Tina Dinh (Picture taking 10am in Hall, group pictures in Hall right after Mass)
- May 28 – Memorial Day Holiday: NO SCHOOL
- May 29– New Parent Orientation in the Hall 6:30-8 (Vicki Marsha in Rm 6, buy Scrip early!)
- May 29 – 8th grade Retreat at Old Church/Crossover Day in morning
- May 30 – Small Class Musical Shows at 8:15-10am in Hall, grades K, 2, 4, 6, and 8
- May 31 – Small Class Musical Shows at 8:15am in Hall, grades 1, 3, 5, and 7, Free Dress for May Birthdays
- June 1-2 – Theater: Singin’ in the Rain performances in the Hall, get your presale tickets now!
- June 5 – Kinder and 4th grade Field trip to Aquarium in Cabrillo
- June 7 – Free Dress for June and Summer birthdays, 8th grade ONLY Noon Dismissal to prep for graduation
- June 8 – 8th grade Baccalaureate Mass at 8am, followed by graduation
- June 9 – Annual Arts Alive recital
- June 15 – Last day of School, Early Dismissal after mass, and 3rd Trimester Awards Ceremony
FIESTA RAFFLE TICKETS 5/18-5/20 (not mandatory to purchase)
All Families are welcomed to purchase Fiesta Raffle tickets to win big prizes! Please note that purchases of these Parish Fiesta Raffle tickets are optional only and DO NOT COUNT towards our school $500 fundraising fee per family. We do thank you for your support!
SINGIN’ IN THE RAIN (6/1 and 6/2 in the Hall) $7 presale/$10 at door
Our Sneak Peak last week of the 2 casts performing in Singin’ in the Rain was spectacular! Get your pre-sale tickets early! Food and drinks will be sold both nights, and you can buy cast grams for your favorite cast members as well. Tell all your family and friends to come out and support the arts at St. Anthony of Padua School! The class that sells the most tickets will get an ice cream party and will earn their teacher a gift card!
HARD COVER YEARBOOK $40 each
Yearbooks are $40 each. Reserve your hardcover Yearbook now by sending a check made payable to St. Anthony of Padua School with an order form. Any questions, contact Ms. Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you know of any wonderful families who want to attend our school, please let us know. Qualify to get some great referral incentives! Be sure to ask us how you can earn up to $150 in Scrip from the stores of your choice, for each family you recommend, who remains in good standing.
St. Anthony – Pray for Us