Dear Students, Parents/Guardians,
Thank you for making our Halloween and All Saints’ Day Celebrations memorable for our children. Special thanks to all the families who made it to our first monthly School Mass yesterday. All students who wore their formal Mass uniform will receive a free dress pass. Please keep in mind that next week Monday, 11/12, we have NO SCHOOL OR DAYCARE, in observance of the Veterans’ Day Holiday.
This week we begin our next big fundraising event: our Hawaiian Raffle, which runs from Nov. 13-Dec. 13! Unless you opted to pay your $500 financial commitment upfront, it’s that time again to purchase at least $200 worth of Hawaiian Raffle tickets per family, for a chance to win a trip for 8 days and 7 nights to my home state of Hawaii! This is our most popular fundraiser because you get credit for every dollar you sell. The Drawing will take place after our Christmas Program on Thursday, Dec. 13, 2018. Remember, it is also always an option to pay off the $500 fundraising fee early or roll it into your FACTS tuition payments, but this is a lot more fun! As a reminder, if you opt out, you will NOT receive any raffle tickets and will be invoiced after the drawing in mid-December. Please See our Finance Secretary, Mr. Carlos Aguilar, for more details or speak to Mrs. Leah Nakayama and Geneva Varquez, our Fundraising PLC Chairs if you have any questions.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2018 – 2019
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- Nov 7 – Christian Service 4 Life High Field Trip to L.A. Live
- Nov 8 – Aloha Pizza Fundraiser to benefit the Poor Clare Sisters – please show flyer
- Nov 9 – Junior High College Fair in the Hall at 9am After Mass (classes and parents invited to visit the university project displays) and Gradelink blocked
- Nov 12 – Veterans Day Observed – No School & No Daycare
- Nov 21–First Trimester Mass and Awards Ceremony,
- Nov 21 – Student Teacher Volleyball Game (change at recess), Noon Dismissal for Thanksgiving Break 11/22-11/23 – NO DAYCARE
- Nov 26 – Professional Development Days for Teachers (NO SCHOOL OR DAYCARE on 2/15 and 4/12 as well. Mark your calendars!)
- Dec 3 – Penance Service for Grades 3 – 5 & Lunch at the Rectory for 8th Graders – Group #1 12:15 – 1:15
- Dec 5 – Elf Field Trip Grades 2-4
- Dec 6 – Kinder Ornament Sale after school on the brown benches
- Dec 7 – Kinder & 4th Grade Posada at 1pm
- Dec 9 – Mandatory Bake Sale for 8th Grade
- Dec 10 – Penance Service for Grades 6 – 8
- Dec 12 – Christmas Sweater Day
- Dec 12 – Hawaii Trip Fundraising monies due by 12:00 noon
- Dec 13 – Christmas Show at 6pm in Church – Arts Alive to perform at the Christmas Show
- Dec 14 – Noon Dismissal – NO DAYCARE
- Dec 15 – Jan 2 – Christmas Break! Back to school on January 3, 2019
The 2nd of four diagnostic testing windows continues through Nov 15. Please remind your child to eat a good breakfast and get a good night’s sleep before testing. We ask that all families take these national standardized tests seriously so we can see annual yearly progress in your child.
COLLEGE FAIR 11/9
Next Friday, November 9 is our annual College Fair. Junior high students have been working very hard on learning about different types of colleges and Catholic high schools this past month and a half. They will finally show off their work after our school mass from 9 am to 10 am in the hall.
11/12 – VETERANS DAY OBSERVED
Please remember that there is NO SCHOOL & NO DAYCARE in observance of Veterans Day. We thank all our veterans and those who serve us in the military for the sacrifices they make to keep our beautiful country free.
BAKE SALE INFO
REMINDER: every family must attend at least one bake sale per child each year (2 bake sales at the max if you have multiple children). You can sign up for any of the bake sales below if you missed your class’s bake sale. If you do not participate this year, or if you sign up and don’t come, there’s a $50 fine. You must stay your whole 3-hour shift. If you can’t attend your assigned date, you must sign up in advance with room parents in charge of the rescheduled date.
One easy way to help you reach your $500 financial commitment is to purchase Scrip throughout the year. We accept credit cards in the office for your orders making it easier than ever! It’s basically buying gift cards to purchase things like groceries, gas, gifts, or things you need and want on a daily basis, but you can get fundraising credit for a portion of every gift card you buy! Work smarter, not harder!
CARLINE AND YARD DUTY VOLUNTEERS
Please be mindful of your speed limit and your language during carline. We ask that all adults on campus are respectful to all students, parents, faculty, and staff at all times. We are a Catholic school and should always be living examples of Christ, especially for our children who are watching us. We continue to look for yard duty and carline volunteers for the school. If interested, please email Ms. Grimaldo at firstname.lastname@example.org to earn service hours. Thanks to all those who have signed up. We appreciate you!
RALPHS/FOOD 4 LESS YEAR ROUND FUNDRAISER
Please pick up a Ralph’s Food 4 Less card in the office for you and your friends/family! This is an easy way for us to earn money for our school when you register your card online, and put our school code in, which will allow our school to receive donations. Thank you!
St. Anthony – Pray for us