Dear Parents and Guardians,
Our school Penance Service will be in the Church at 8:45 am on 12/3 for 3rd – 5th grade. What a beautiful way to start off our Advent Season with our monthly School Mass. This Saturday, 12/8, is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception and a Holy Day of Obligation. Then, on 12/12, we will celebrate the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe on a Wednesday School Mass and 12/14, our Friday weekly School Mass.
On another note, we would like to inform you of a wonderful opportunity available to any school parents hoping to enroll their younger children in our Kindergarten next year. As current school families of the SAP community, you and your child are able to apply using the Early Admissions Process. This allows ONLY current families of St. Anthony’s School and St. Anthony’s Day Nursery, to apply earlier than the general public (who can begin applying on March 1, 2019), and receive an admissions decision before outside applicants have even begun the process. Don’t delay–the submission deadline for early applications is 12 Noon on Friday, December 14, and testing begins the week of January 7-11, 2019. If you don’t meet the deadlines, you will be wait listed. All other general applicants must wait until March 1 to be considered. Only those accepted will be able to attend the Kindergarten Registration Night on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 6 pm in the Hall. Turn in your paperwork and $50 application fee early to avoid disappointment. If accepted, you will secure your child’s seat in the 2019-2020 Kindergarten class by the end of February 2019!
Mrs. Navia, Interim Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2018 – 2019
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- Nov 13-Dec 12 – Hawaiian Raffle Fundraiser! Winner announced at Christmas Program 12/14 ($1 Donation per ticket)
- Dec 3- El Pollo Inca 8th grade Fundraiser 5pm -10pm (printed Flyer needed)
- Dec 3–School Advent Penance Services at 8:45 am for Grades 3-5 (bring religion book) Lunch at the Rectory for 8th Graders – Group #1 12:15 – 1:15
- Dec 5 –Elf Field Trip Grades 2-4
- Dec 6 –Kinder Ornament Sale After School
- Dec 7– 2nd Grade Field-trip to see The Nutcracker
- Dec 7 – Kinder & 4th Grade Posada at 1pm
- Dec 7–8th grade Poinsettia Fundraiser
- Dec 8 –Holy Day of Obligation Feast of the Immaculate Conception
- Dec 9 –Mandatory Bake Sale for 8th Grade, (last bake sale of the year, call Pattie Padilla to sign up to make up hours)
- Dec 10– School Advent Penance Services at 8:45 am for Grades 6-8 (bring a book)
- Dec 12 – Hawaii Trip Fundraising monies due by 12:00 noon
- Dec 12 and 14 – School Mass at 8am – All Students must be in Formal Mass Uniforms
- Dec 13 –Hawaiian Raffle Drawing after the K-8 Christmas Program in the Church at 6pm, coffee and pastries for sale (Coastal Coffees)
- Dec 14 –Last day of school (NOON DISMISSAL and NO DAYCARE) before Christmas Break
- Dec 15 – Jan 2 – Christmas Break! Back to school on January 3, 2019
BAKE SALE INFO
If you haven’t attended your assigned date, you must sign up in advance with room parents in charge of the rescheduled date.
- December 9: 8th Grade (this is the last bake sale of the year).
SCHOOL UNIFORM REMINDERS
I know that it has been getting cold lately, but please remember that only uniform sweaters and jackets are allowed at school. Students may wear gloves and scarves if needed when outside, but please use school colors and not loud, or bright colors/prints that detract from our private school uniform look. Teachers may send home uniform infractions for your child if there is a violation. 3 infractions will equal a detention. Please see the section on uniforms in the Parent/Student Handbook found online to get reacquainted with the school policy. Your cooperation is appreciated. Random checks will begin this trimester.
There is a wonderful incentive for you to refer NEW families to our school. If you want your friends to know about us, we offer a $150 referral incentive per new family (not per student) who is accepted and remains in good standing. We can credit that amount to your tuition/fundraising account or give it to you in the form of Scrip: $75 at Christmas, and $75 at the end of the school year in June. You must request this incentive if you have referred families who bring added value to our school –– it is not automatic. Thank you for help in growing our school to attract the best families around!
St. Anthony – Pray for us