Dear Parents and Guardians,
This weekend we celebrated the Feast of the Epiphany or the 3 Wise Men. It was wonderful seeing our families at Mass! On January 13, we celebrate the Solemnity of the Baptism of our Lord, which signals the end of the Christmas season. Please mark your calendars for Open House on Sunday, 1/27. Mass is from 11am-12 noon and Open House is from 12-2pm. Thank you to our PLC Chairs and Room Parents and volunteers who help coordinate these events! Students who come to Mass in their formal mass uniform and all student performers and choir members will receive a free dress pass.
We are excited to have Special Person’s Day on Friday, February 1st, the last day of Catholic Schools’ Week! We will have our normal 8am Friday Mass that day and ALL students can invite somebody they consider “special” to them, an adult 18 or older. We will celebrate Mass together honoring that Special Person (it’s optional to sit together with your child and their class), and then you may leave and return to have lunch with your child from 10:30am-11:50amon our school grounds in designated areas. Dismissal is at 12 NOON ON 2/1,and daycare is provided. The “Special Person” will bring lunch for the student and they will have the chance to eat together, beginning after recess (the schedule to sign out students in the office and with teachers is similar to that of “Trunk or Treat” during Halloween). The 8th grade class is planning to do a fundraiser to pre-sell meals for this event. Please stay tuned for more info. This will be a beautiful celebration and everyone is strongly encouraged to attend. Please let your teachers know in advance who your child’s special person will be.
Also – a reminder that there is NO SCHOOL or daycare on January 21due to the MLK Jr. Holiday.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2018 – 2019
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.organd your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- Jan 7-11 – Early Kinder testingbegins this week for Preschool and Kinder SAP siblings
- Jan 12 – Folklorico group performs at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Gardena Parade
- Jan 16 – CEF Cycle 3 begins, for those applying for tuition assistance next year, this is your FIRST STEP, see Carlos Aguilar for more info.
- Jan 21 – NO SCHOOL MLK Day Holiday!
- Jan 22– Kindergarten Early Registration 6:30pm in Hall for Preschool Students and Current SAP Families ONLY, Open Enrollment is March 1, 2019, Childcare provided
- Jan 24 – K-2 Field Tripto Peter Pan
- Jan 27 – Open Housefrom 12-2pm after 11:00 School Mass, Vicki Marsha Road Show in Rm 6 All school families will attend the 11am masstogether and then we will host our annual Open House from 12pm-2pm
- Jan 27-Feb 1 – Catholic Schools’ Week ((more info to come for dress up days and activities)
- Jan 28 –School Choir performs at Sts. Pius Matthias Academy in Downey
- January 30-NET Retreat 7th grade at Serra High
- January 31-NET Retreat 8th grade at Serra High
- Jan 31 –Kids’ Heart Challenge Assembly (1-1:30pm for grades K-4 and 1:30-2pm for grades 5-8)
- Feb 1 –Special Person’s Day (adults over 18 please)8 am mass and NOON dismissal, Daycare provided
- Feb 4-15 –3rd Window STAR testing (have kids sleep early and have a good breakfast)
- Feb 5- 100thDay of School
- Feb 5 –Mandatory General Parent Meeting #2$50 fine for non-attendance
- Feb 11- 8th Grade Group # 2 Lunch with Monsignor Pilato at Rectory 12 noon
- Feb 11-14– Kids Heart Challenge Activities during PE for grades K-8
- Feb 14– Valentine’s Day Pink/red shirts
- Feb 15 – CIP No School Student Free Day
- Feb 18– Presidents Day, No School
- Feb 19-20– Re-registrationin the Hall 6-8pm
- Feb. 21- Theater WestField trip
- Feb. 25- 8th Grade Group # 3 Lunch with Monsignor Pilato at Rectory 12 noon
- Feb 26- Gradelink blocked and SAP Hosts Deanery Meeting in Hall, Lunch outside
- March 6-Ash Wednesday, Lent Begins
- March 18- Faculty Retreat- Student Free Day
TEACHING TOUCHING SAFETY (TTS FORMS DUE)
PERMISSIONS SLIPS MUST BE RETURNED TO YOUR CHILD’S TEACHER ASAP. Lessons begin this month If you have any questions or concerns about the form/TTS program, please email me. Lessons will be completed by 3/15/19 and if you opt out, please notify Mrs. Grey ASAP.
IMPORTANT EARLY KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION!
If you have a child that will be entering Kindergarten next year and is NOT at St. Anthony’s Day Nursery – please contact me right away to let me know so I can include him/her on the early registration list. If your child is already at the Nursery School, you have already received info and should have turned in all applications. Kinder Testing takes place January 7-11.
St. Anthony – Pray for us