Dear Parents and Guardians,
Please mark your calendars for Open House on Sunday, 1/27. Mass is from 11am-12 noon and Open House is from 12-2pm. Thank you to our PLC Chair, Sonia Martin, our Room Parents and volunteers who are coordinating these events! Students who come to Mass in their formal mass uniform, and all student performers and choir members will receive a free dress pass. We are excited to have Special Person’s Day on Friday, February 1st, the last day of Catholic Schools’ Week! We will have our normal 8am Friday Mass that day and ALL students can invite somebody they consider “special” to them, an adult 18 or older. We will celebrate Mass together honoring that Special Person (it’s optional to sit together with your child and their class), and then you may leave and return to have lunch with your child from 10:30am-11:50 am on our school grounds in designated areas. Dismissal is at 12 NOON ON 2/1, and daycare is provided. The “Special Person” will bring lunch for the student and they will have the chance to eat together, beginning after recess (the schedule to sign out students in the office and with teachers is similar to that of “Trunk or Treat” during Halloween). The 8th grade class is planning to do a fundraiser to pre-sell meals for this event. Please stay tuned for more info. This will be a beautiful celebration and everyone is strongly encouraged to attend. Please let your teachers know in advance who your child’s special person will be.
Also – a reminder that there is NO SCHOOL or Daycare on January 21 due to the MLK Jr. Holiday. Our 3rd STAR testing window will occur from 2/4-2/15. We will have one more at the end of the year to measure student progress. The 2nd trimester ends on 3/9, and Progress reports go home on 1/23 in your parent envelopes, if not earlier. Please sign and return these reports to school, and continue to keep close communication with your child’s teacher. Also, stay informed by checking Gradelink often, and sign up for notifications on your phone, if you want to get the latest with your child’s academic progress. Do also respond to any parent surveys you may receive via email to help us make our school better!
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2018 – 2019
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- January 14- Feb 1- Pennies for Patients (Leukemia and Lymphoma Society)
- Jan 14 – Eighth Grade Group #2 Lunch with Monsignor Pilato at Rectory 12 noon
- Jan 21 – NO SCHOOL MLK Day Holiday!
- Jan 22– Kindergarten Early Registration 6:30pm in Hall for Preschool Students and Current SAP Families ONLY, Open Enrollment is March 1, 2019, Childcare provided
- Jan 24 – K-2 Field Trip to Peter Pan
- Jan 27 – Open House from 12-2pm after 11:00 School Mass, Vicki Marsha Road Show in Rm 6, All school families will attend the 11am Mass together and then we will host our annual Open House from 12pm-2pm
- Jan 27-Feb 1 – Catholic Schools’ Week
- Jan 28 –School Choir performs at Sts. Pius Matthias Academy in Downey
- January 30- NET Retreat 7th grade at Serra High (parents to pick up and drop off at Serra 8:30am-3:30pm)
- January 31- NET Retreat 8th grade at Serra High (parents to pick up and drop off at Serra 8:30am-3:30pm)
- Jan 31 – Kids’ Heart Challenge Assembly (1-1:30pm for grades K-4 and 1:30-2pm for grades 5-8)
- Feb 1 – Special Person’s Day (adults over 18 please) 8 am mass and NOON dismissal, Daycare provided
- Feb 4-15 –3rd Window STAR testing (have kids sleep early and have a good breakfast)
- Feb 5- 100th Day of School
- Feb 5 – Mandatory General Parent Meeting #2, $50 fine for non-attendance
- Feb 6-7- Talent Show auditions
- Feb 11- Eighth Grade Group #3 Lunch with Monsignor Pilato at Rectory 12 noon
- Feb 11-14 – Kids Heart Challenge Activities during PE for grades K-8
- Feb 14– Valentine’s Day Pink/red shirts
- Feb 15 – CIP No School Student Free Day
- Feb 18– Presidents Day, No School
- Feb 19-20– Re-registration in the Hall 6-8pm
- 21- Theater West Field trip
- 25- 8th Grade Group #4 Lunch with Monsignor Pilato at Rectory 12 noon
- Feb 26- Gradelink blocked and SAP Hosts Deanery Meeting in Hall, Lunch outside
- Feb 28– Talent Show
- March 6 -Ash Wednesday, Lent Begins
- March 18- Faculty Retreat- Student Free Day
IMPORTANT EARLY KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION!
If you have a child that will be entering Kindergarten next year and is NOT at St. Anthony’s Day Nursery – please contact me right away to let me know so I can include him/her on the early registration list. If your child is already at the Nursery School, you have already received info and should have turned in all applications. Kinder Testing takes place January 7-11.
St. Anthony – Pray for us