Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for attending our 2nd General Parent meeting! I appreciated all of your positive attitudes and active participation. Thank you to all who filled out the parent surveys for the upcoming WASC/WCEA 2020 accreditation visit. Your feedback and input will help improve our school. Please have your children fill out the student surveys as well. The slideshow presentation is now posted on our website. Our last parent meeting is May 1 at 6:30pm in the Hall. Re-Registration begins on 2/19 and 2/20 for next school year.
Students are able to wear pink/red shirts on 2/14, or they can wear their regular uniform since it is Valentine’s Day. Coastal Coffees will be on campus at 2pm. Friday, 2/15, is our Onward Readers Teacher PD, so there is NO SCHOOL, it’s a Student Free Day. In addition, next week, we celebrate the Birthday of our Presidents. There will be NO SCHOOL on Monday, 2/18.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2019
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- Feb. 4-15 STAR Testing Window #3
- Feb 11- 8th Grade Group # 3 Lunch with Monsignor Pilato at Rectory 12 noon
- Feb 11-14 – Kids Heart Challenge Activities during PE for grades K-8
- Feb 12 – Parent meeting for Aladdin 6:30-7:30pm
- Feb 14 – Valentine’s Day Pink/red shirts
- Feb 15 – Onward Readers Teacher PD, NO SCHOOL! Student Free Day
- Feb. 16 – Special Persons’ Dance Parent Meeting at 6pm in Rm 16 with Gricel Guzman
- Feb 18– Presidents Day Holiday, NO SCHOOL!
- Feb 19-20– Re-registration in the Hall 6-8pm (A-K/L-Z), March 1 – Open Enrollment
- Feb. 21- Theater West Field trip to Oliver (grades 5-8)
- Feb. 22 – Yearbook Presale Deadline! $30, after that it’s $40
- Feb. 25- 8th Grade Group # 4 Lunch with Monsignor Pilato at Rectory, 12 noon
- Feb 26- Gradelink blocked, SAP Hosts Deanery Meeting in Hall –Lunch outside
- Feb. 28 –Talent show 1-3pm in Hall
- March 2 – Special Person’s Semi-Formal Dance: Family Social and Silent Auction
- March 6- Ash Wednesday, Lent Begins
- March 15 – 2nd Trimester Awards Ceremony
- March 18- Faculty Retreat- Student Free Day
- March 19 –K-8 Musical Theater West Assembly in Hall
- March 22- First Holy Communion Retreat from 8-3pm on Campus with Sr. Tina Dinh
- March 25 – First Reconciliation, 5pm-7pm in Church and 8th grade Group #1 lunch with Msgr. Pilato
- March 30- School First Holy Communion Mass, 5:30pm in the Church
- April 4th – Jog-A-Thon, 8am -12pm
- April 10- Spelling Bee
- April 18- Noon Dismissal, No Daycare. Holy Thursday School Retreat
- April 19-26 Spring Break
EXCITING REFERRAL INCENTIVES!
Parents who refer new families, who are assets to our community and remain in good standing for their whole first year, will receive a $150 referral incentive in Scrip, or the entire amount can be credited to your account in June. Families must request this from the office and can refer as many new students as they like (unlimited) but this would refer to families, (not $150 per new student). In addition, per the ADLA marketing initiative, we are also offering $100 off of tuition for the new families you refer and are accepted!
IMPORTANT EARLY REGISTRATION INFO for RETURNING FAMILIES the 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR! 2/19 and 2/20
Current families can re-register on Feb 19 (last names A-K) and Feb 20 (last names L-Z) from 6-8pm in the Hall. SAVE THE DATES to secure your child/ren(’s) spot for next year, or you may be placed on the wait list. All tuition contracts and parent handbook forms must be signed at re-registration, no exceptions. Non-refundable registration Fees are: $150/child: returning students and $175/child for new students and LATE registrants. All families MUST pre-register using the online link on the home page so we can garner accurate information before you arrive at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQCGJvNbXBDoboW7U3uD79Vk3zrVemo4JDXVjNBmQpJxVTAg/viewform. You may pre-pay for registration fees in the office to expedite your time in the hall on your assigned night, unless there is a HOLD placed on your registration for some reason, in which case, you will need to speak to Mrs. Grey BEFORE re-registering or paying the fee.
Meet your Scrip commitment easily and quickly buy purchasing gift cards at the office for everyday needs like gas/groceries from Vons/Albertsons, Gardena Supermarket, Home Depot, Sam’s Club, Starbucks, and Vicki Marsha Uniform, among others!
St. Anthony – Pray for Us