Dear Parents and Guardians,
It was wonderful to see all of you and get the chance to speak with you individually at our 2 re-registration nights last week! For any families that did not make the initial re-registration, the cost is now $175 per child to re-register. Your child’s spot is not held for you automatically, so that means your child is currently wait listed. Open Enrollment to the public begins March 1. If you are not sure if you are returning, or if you had a registration hold, please set up a meeting with me via email, and I am more than happy to assist you in order to make the best decision for you and your family next year. We always want what is best for each student, as it is important to find a school that is just the right “fit.”
It’s an exciting time to be here at St. Anthony’s. We just got approved for another $3000 in grant monies by a generous family of donors (this is in addition to the $5000 grant we received from my friend’s education foundation in Hawaii). This money is going toward our new fiberglass basketball courts, which should be installed in the next month or so! This project has been approved by Msgr. Sal.
I’d like to thank Leah Nakayama and Lourdes Islas, the 8th grade Room Parents for making our 8th grade Stateline trip a huge success. Thanks to all the families who supported this endeavor. It was a lot of fun! Special thanks to Mrs. Navia and her family for also attending the event!
Please remember that there is a date change for our K-8 Special Person’s Family Social and Silent Auction, “Under the Stars”. It will be held on Saturday, 3/9. The attire is semi-formal. Hope to see you there! Buy your pre-sale tickets now!
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2018-2019
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- 25- 8th Grade Group # 4 Lunch with Monsignor Pilato at Rectory, 12 noon
- 25 – Hardcover Yearbooks are now $40 each (Presale is now over)
- Feb 26- Gradelink blocked, SAP Hosts Deanery Meeting in Hall at noon –Lunch outside on benches (Student Government to welcome guests)
- 28 –K-8 Talent Show, 1-3pm in Hall
- March 6 – Ash Wednesday, Lent Begins
- March 9 – Special Person’s Semi-Formal Dance (NOTE THE DATE CHANGE FROM 3/2): Family Social and Silent Auction
- March 11-15 Spring Scholastic Book Fair in the Library, Coastal Coffees on Campus all week
- March 14 – Students can wear a green shirt today and uniform shorts/jeans to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this week
- March 15 – 2nd Trimester Mass and Awards Ceremony in the Church after 8am Mass
- March 18- Faculty Retreat- Student Free Day (NO SCHOOL OR DAYCARE FOR STUDENTS)
- March 19 –K-8 Music Theater West Assembly in Hall
- March 22- First Holy Communion Retreat from 8-3pm on Campus with Sr. Tina Dinh
- March 25 – First Reconciliation, 5pm-7pm in Church and 8th grade Group #1 lunch with Msgr. Pilato
- March 30- School First Holy Communion Mass, 5:30pm in the Church
- April 4th – Jog-A-Thon,8am -12pm
- April 10- Spelling Bee in Hall
- April 18- Noon Dismissal, No Daycare. Holy Thursday School Retreat
- April 19-26 – EASTER Break
- May 1– Final Mandatory meeting 6pm in Hall, 8th grade graduation Photos
- May 3 – May Crowning
- May 6-9 – 8th Grade Pilgrimage
READ ACROSS AMERICA WEEK
We have a week of exciting activities planned to celebrate literacy! Please refer to your teachers’ newsletters for more information. Thank you to Ms. Evangelista and Ms. Lozano for spearheading these fun activities for our school.
Information was sent home re: a new cooking after-school program for students in K-8 grade. It’s called LIFT enrichment, and interest forms were sent home last week. Children will learn to cook healthy meals, eat them, take some home, and bring the recipes home. If you are interested in signing up for these classes, we need to know by 3/1. If enough people sign up, classes will start on 3/25. This is for 5 week sessions at a time held on Mondays.
EXCITING REFERRAL INCENTIVES!
Parents who refer new families, who are assets to our community and remain in good standing for their whole first year, will receive a $150 referral incentive in Scrip, or the entire amount can be credited to your account in June. Families must request this from the office and can refer as many new students as they like (unlimited) but this would refer to families, (not $150 per new student). In addition, per the ADLA marketing initiative, we are also offering $100 off of tuition for the new families you refer, and are accepted! Thanks for being great advocates for our school!
UPCOMING CLASSROOM PARENT MEETINGS/SURVEYS AND FEEDBACK
As we enter an accreditation year for our 2020 WASC/WCEA visit, we are asking all parents and students to fill out surveys to garner feedback. We will also be holding classroom meetings in all grade levels starting this week, to update you all on what your children have been accomplishing this year, and let you know all the exciting things to come for the rest of the year. If you ever have any questions or concerns about school, please ask your child’s homeroom teacher first and know that I am here to assist as well. We thank you for your continued partnership to raise your children to be great people!
St. Anthony – Pray for Us