Dear Parents and Guardians,
It was great seeing many of you at our Special Persons’ Family Social this Saturday, 3/9. What a memorable experience for all who attended! Many thanks to our faculty and staff who were there, and also to our PLC Co-Chair, Gricel Guzman, for spearheading the beautiful event. Thank you also to Pattie Padilla and Lorena Lakey for helping to organize the silent auction items and sponsorship items. Yesterday was Daylight Savings, so hopefully you have all adjusted your clocks to SPRING FORWARD! This Friday, 3/15, is our 2nd Trimester Mass and Awards Ceremony in the church after 8am Mass. All families are welcomed to attend! Report cards will go home that day.
Our Scholastic Book Fair and Coastal Coffees will be on campus all week. A portion of the proceeds go back to our school for our teachers and our library!
Finally, I want to thank you all for your prayers this Lenten season, and your condolences for my beloved mother-in-law, Emily Grey, who passed away unexpectedly, last Monday, 3/4. Your kind and comforting words and prayers are appreciated.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2018-2019
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- March 11-15 Spring Scholastic Book Fair in the Library, Coastal Coffees on Campus all week
- March 14 – Green and Jeans Day to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day on Sunday, 3/17
- March 15 – 2nd Trimester Mass and Awards Ceremony in the Church after 8am Mass
- March 16-21 – Parish Mission in the Hall with Fr. Bryan Malady
- March 18- Faculty Retreat Off Campus- Student Free Day (NO SCHOOL OR DAYCARE FOR STUDENTS)
- March 19 –K-8 Music Theater West Assembly in Hall from 1-2pm
- March 21 – Spring Picture Day (Free Dress only for those purchasing pictures) Aladdin at Segerstrom in Santa Ana at 7:30pm
- March 22- First Holy Communion Retreat from 8-3pm on Campus with Sr. Tina Dinh
- March 25 – First Reconciliation, 5pm-7pm in Church and 8th grade Group #1 lunch with Msgr. Pilato
- March 30- School First Holy Communion Mass, 5:30pm in the Church
- April 1 and April 8 – School Penance Services for grades 3-5, then grades 6-8 at 8:45am in Church
- April 4 – Jog-A-Thon, 8am -12pm
- April 10- Spelling Bee in Hall
- April 18- Noon Dismissal, No Daycare, Holy Thursday School Retreat
- April 19-26 – EASTER Break
- May 1– Final Mandatory meeting 6pm in Hall, 8th grade Graduation Photos
- May 3 – May Crowning in Church led by 8th graders (bring in flowers for Mother Mary)
- May 6-9 – 8th Grade Pilgrimage
- May 10- Muffins with Mom after 8am School Mass
- May 28– New Parent Orientation in the Hall 6:30-8 (Vicki Marsha on campus, buy Scrip early!)
- May 31 and June 1 – Theater: Aladdin performances in Hall at 7pm, get your presale tickets from Mrs. Garcia!
PARENT REFERRAL PROGRAMS!
Parents who refer new families, who are assets to our community and remain in good standing for their whole first year, will receive a $150 referral incentive in Scrip, or the entire amount can be credited to your account in June. Families must request this from the office and can refer as many new students as they like (unlimited) but this would refer to families, (not $150 per new student). In addition, per the ADLA marketing initiative, they are offering a $100 tuition discount for the new families you refer, and are accepted! Check out www.CatholicEd.com/Refer
SURVEYS AND FEEDBACK
As we enter a school accreditation year for our 2020 Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)/Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA) visit, we are asking all parents and students to fill out surveys to garner feedback. If you ever have any questions or concerns about school, please ask your child’s homeroom teacher and your room parent, and know that I am here to assist as well. We thank you for your continued partnership to raise your children to be great people!
PARISH STATIONS OF THE CROSS/FISH FRY
Lent began on March 6 with Ash Wednesday. School Stations of the Cross are every Friday at 1pm in the church during Lent. Get your presale tickets in the RE office for Fish Fry in the Hall each Friday of Lent. We encourage all families to focus on Prayer, Fasting, and Almsgiving for the 40 days of Lent.
St. Anthony – Pray for Us