Dear Parents and Guardians,
The ALL-SCHOOL Spelling Bee that took place last Wednesday was very exciting! I’d like to thank Ms. Evangelista for coordinating this event. Congratulations to all our classroom representatives and to our Top 3 winners: FIRST PLACE Steven Santos, 5th grade ($100 cash/Scrip), SECOND PLACE Isaiah Grey, 8th grade ($50 cash/Scrip) and THIRD PLACE Duvan Cruz, 1st grade ($25 cash/Scrip). Thank you all for your participation!
Reminder that our Parish Fiesta is coming up and the ride setup begins May 11. That means May 13-15 will be 12 NOON dismissals to ensure student safety. Teachers will do a “rainy day schedule” to keep students indoors. Daycare will be available on May 15 until 3pm ONLY and there will be NO DAYCARE on May 16-17. The Fiesta is May 17-19. School resumes on Tuesday, May 21, because Fiesta Cleanup is Monday, May 20. Don’t forget to serve your 8 Fiesta Family Service Hours to avoid any fines. Thank you for your support!
There will be Noon Dismissal and NO Daycare, Holy Thursday, 4/18 as well as No School on Good Friday, 4/19, which marks the beginning of our Easter break from 4/19-4/28. I hope you all have a restful and memorable vacation with your families. See you all back at school on Monday, April 29!
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2018-2019
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- April 18- 12 Noon Dismissal, No Daycare, Holy Thursday: 8th grade leads Live Stations of the Cross from 11am-12 noon in Church
- April 19-28 – EASTER Break
- April 29- Group 3: 8th grade Lunch with Msgr. Pilato in the Rectory
- May 1– Final Mandatory meeting 6pm in Hall, 8th grade Graduation Photos (cap and gown)
- May 3 – May Crowning in Church led by 8th graders at 1pm
- May 7 – Kindergarten Parent Meeting at 6:30 pm in Kinder classroom
- May 6-9 – 8th Grade Pilgrimage
- May 10- Muffins with Mom after 8am School Mass
- May 13-Lunch w/ Msgr for Citizenship (K-2) and Honor students (grades 3-8 for 2 trimesters in a row) at convent at noon
- May 16, 17, 20 – STUDENT FREE DAYS FOR FIESTA and cleanup, NO SCHOOL/NO DAYCARE
- May 17-19 – Parish Fiesta (NO SCHOOL)
- May 27 – Memorial Day Holiday: NO SCHOOL
- May 28– New Parent Orientation in the Hall 6:30-8 (Vicki Marsha on campus, buy Scrip early!)
- May 31 and June 1 – Theater: Aladdin performances in Hall at 7pm, get your presale tickets online! Coastal Coffees on campus
- June 3: 8th Grade breakfast and Sports Banquet
- June 4: Disneyland 8th Gr trip, Noon dismissal for 8th grade
- June 5: 8th grade Yearbook signing, Dance 7-10 pm Noon dismissal for 8th grade Students must attend school in order to attend dance.
- June 6: 8th grade Graduation rehearsal Noon dismissal for 8th grade
- June 7: 8th grade Graduation
- June 10: Full day, Donuts with Dad
- June 11: Full Day
- June 12: Noon Dismissal Kinder promotion set up, Sports Day, Shave Ice on campus
- June 13: Noon dismissal Kinder Promotion, St. Anthony of Padua’s Feast Day!
- June 14: Last Day of School 3rd Trimester Awards, Early Dismissal after Mass, No Daycare
DID YOU KNOW? The Archdiocese continues helping survivors of sexual abuse and their families. During National Child Abuse Prevention Month, the Archdiocese would like to reiterate that we stand resolute in our commitment to report allegations of sexual misconduct to law enforcement, support victim-survivors and protect children and the vulnerable. The Archdiocese has created a new website, protect.la-archdiocese.org, to serve as a comprehensive resource that will connect you to its programs and services for protecting children and reporting abuse. If you, or someone you know, is a victim of sexual abuse by a Church employee or volunteer, please contact the Archdiocesan Victims Assistance Coordinator at (213) 637-7650 or protect.la-archdiocese.org for help and support.
Get your school yearbook for $40. You won’t want to miss this year’s edition, thanks to Ms. Evangelista and the Yearbook committee!St. Anthony – Pray for Us