Dear Parents and Guardians,
Yesterday we celebrated Mothers’ Day, and we hope all our moms felt special this weekend! It was heartwarming to see so many families last Friday at Muffins with Moms, after sitting together and celebrating Mass as a school community. Thank you to our Dads for serving our mothers in the Hall. Many thanks to our wonderful parent helpers for coordinating such a beautiful event and to Mrs. Pattie Padilla and Ms. Gricel Guzman for leading it. We also thank Mr. Pablo Flores for setting everything up. We hope you made some great memories! This weekend, we had a May Crowning “Santacruzan” Celebration at the LA Cathedral, and several of our students represented St. Anthony’s so well, in honoring our Blessed Mother. Today is the feast of Our Lady of Fatima and we ask Mother Mary for her continued protection over all of us.
Thank you for making National Teacher Appreciation Week so special for our faculty and staff! We are all so grateful for the outpouring of thanks, love, and support! The gifts and kind gestures were well received. Thank you!
This week is Fiesta Week! From May 13-17, there will be Noon Dismissal all 3 days, due to Fiesta Set up (Daycare will be only until 3pm on 5/13-5/14, and there is NO DAYCARE OFFERED on Wed, 5/15). Students in K-2 who earned Citizenship for the first 2 trimesters will get to attend a lunch with Msgr Pilato from 12:15-1:15pm in the Sisters’ Garden at the convent.
May 28 is our New Parent Orientation for families entering the school. Vicki Marsha Uniform will be on campus that day as well, for parents who want to buy new uniforms for next year. Please see Mr. Aguilar to purchase Vicki Marsha Scrip in the office.
We will see you back at school on Tuesday, 5/21! Enjoy the Fiesta!
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2018-2019
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- May 13- Lunch w/ Msgr for Citizenship (K-2) and Honor students (grades 3-8 for 2 trimesters in a row) at convent at noon
- May 16, 17, 20 – STUDENT FREE DAYS FOR FIESTA and cleanup, NO SCHOOL/NO DAYCARE
- May 17-19 – Parish Fiesta (NO SCHOOL)
- May 24 – Crossover Day. 8th grade Reflections at the Old Church, 9am-12pm (dismissal 3pm)
- May 27 – Memorial Day Holiday: NO SCHOOL
- May 28– New Parent Orientation in the Hall 6:30-8 (Vicki Marsha on campus, buy Scrip early!)
- May 31 and June 1 – Theater: Aladdin performances in Hall at 7pm, get your presale tickets online! Coastal Coffees on campus
- June 3: 8th Grade breakfast and Sports Banquet
- June 4: Disneyland 8th Gr trip, Noon dismissal for 8th grade
- June 5: 8th grade Yearbook signing, Dance 7-10 pm Noon dismissal for 8th grade Students must attend school in order to attend dance.
- June 6: 8th grade Graduation rehearsal Noon dismissal for 8th grade, Kinder picnic today
- June 7: 8th grade Graduation
- June 10: Full day, Donuts with Dad
- June 11: Full Day
- June 12: Noon Dismissal Kinder promotion set up, Sports Day, Shave Ice on campus
- June 13: Noon dismissal Kinder Promotion, St. Anthony of Padua’s Feast Day!
- June 14: Last Day of School 3rd Trimester Awards, Early Dismissal after Mass, No Daycare
If you know of any wonderful families who want to attend our school, please let us know. Qualify to get some great referral incentives! Be sure to ask us how you can earn up to $150 in Scrip from the stores of your choice, for each family you recommend, who remains in good standing.
ALADDIN, JR. (5/31 and 6/1)
Mrs. Garcia and the Theater group have been working hard on the musical: Aladdin, Jr. that will be presented in the Hall at 7pm on 5/31 and 6/1. Get your pre-sale tickets early $8 presale, and $10 at the door, $20 for VIP seating in the front rows. Food and drinks will be sold, and you can buy cast grams for your favorite cast members as well. Tell all your family and friends to come out and support the arts at St. Anthony of Padua School!
PARISH FIESTA! MAY 17-19
Fiesta Ride Tickets are on sale in the School Office – Pre-sale ride tickets are available for purchase in the office. 1 sheet of 10 tickets is $20. This is a big savings, as you only need 1 ticket per ride if you use these pre-sale tickets. Part of tuition contract is 8 hours of service at the Fiesta each year. During re-registration you should have been assigned a booth to help out in. If you’re unsure of where you’re assigned, please contact Patty Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for bringing in your Fiesta donations this week. Wristbands are also available for purchase now.
St. Anthony – Pray for Us