Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for making our Halloween and All Saints’ Day Celebrations memorable for our children and for attending our Family Mass this weekend. Please keep in mind that next week there is NO SCHOOL OR DAYCARE on Monday 11/11, in observance of the Veterans’ Day Holiday.
Next week we will begin our next big fundraising event: our Hawaiian Raffle, which runs from early November through Dec. 6! Unless you opted to pay your $500 financial commitment upfront, it’s that time again to purchase at least $200 worth of Hawaiian Raffle tickets per family, for a chance to win a trip for 8 days and 7 nights to my home state of Hawaii! This is our most popular fundraiser because you get credit for every dollar you sell. The Opportunity Drawing will take place after our Christmas Program on Monday, Dec. 9, 2019. Remember, it is also always an option to pay off the $500 fundraising fee early or roll it into your FACTS tuition payments, but this is a lot more fun! As a reminder, if you opt out, you will NOT receive any raffle tickets and will be invoiced after the drawing in mid-December. Please See our Finance Secretary, Mr. Carlos Aguilar, for more details.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2019 – 2020
- Nov 4 – ADLA Livescan Fingerprinting by appt. only, at St. Anthony Parish Hall
- Nov 6 – 3rd Grade Social/Fundraiser at Aloha Pizza, Altar server training 1:30-3pm in church (1st of 5 weeks)
- Nov 7 – School parent retreat 6:30-8 with Msgr. Sal in Hall (optional this year, required next year) earnup to 2parent service hours granted for attendance, Tastyblock on Campus after school from 2:30-8:15pm.
- Nov 8 – BLUE MASS Msgr. Sal will bless badges of Police Officers and Firefighters (all first responders welcome, Continental Breakfast to follow), Gradelink blocked
- Nov 11 – No School Veteran’s Day Holiday, No Daycare
- Nov 14 – Culture Project Parent Meeting from 6:00 – 7:00pm
- Nov 15– 1st Trimester ends
- Nov 20– 1st Grade Social/Fundraiser at Aloha Pizza
- Nov 22– 1st Trimester Mass and Awards Ceremony
- Nov 27– Noon Dismissal No Daycare, Student Teacher Volleyball Game
- Nov 28-12/1– Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 5 – Kinder Ornament and Snack Sale after school
- Dec 6– Hawaiian trip fundraising money due, Posadas: 4th and Kinder at 1pm
- Dec 8 – 1st and 8th Grade Bake Sale – 8th Grade Poinsettia Fundraiser – Family Mass at 11am
- Dec 9 – Christmas show at 6pm in Church, Hawaiian Raffle Winner announced after show, Tastyblock on campus
- Dec 11 – Christmas Sweater Day, Penance service at 8:45 and 10:45
- Dec 13– Noon Dismissal No Daycare
- ● Dec 14–January 6 – Christmas Break
- Dec 16 – Parish Posadas and Simbang Gabi begins through 12/24
EARN UP TO 2 SERVICE HOURS THIS THURSDAY, 11/7 at 6:30pm
Parents who attend the faith formation parent retreat with Msgr. Sal this Thursday from 6:30-8 will receive up to 2 hours per family! This is a wonderful time to fellowship with other families and learn more about our Catholic faith. This is for adults only. As primary educators to our children, it is our responsibility to be well versed in our faith and attend ongoing faith formation opportunities. Tastyblock will be on campus that day to sell food and drinks as a school fundraiser. Please show your support by purchasing food and drink items after school and before the parent meeting. Next year, although this will be a required meeting, families will still be able to receive up to 2 service hours for attendance.
INTERIOR MAINTENANCE PLC
Thank you to Claudia Guzman and Priscilla Ortiz for leading our Interior Maintenance PLC. Their committee worked hard this weekend to clean our classrooms. If you want to earn family service hours and only have time to serve on the weekends, this is the perfect committee for you! You can also donate cleaning items on the wish list for service hours. Please contact the office if you are interested in joining or helping this important PLC. Thank you!
BAKE SALE INFO
REMINDER: every family must attend at least one bake sale per child each year (2 bake sales at the max if you have multiple children). You can sign up for any of the bake sales below if you missed your class’s bake sale. If you do not participate this year, or if you sign up and don’t come, there’s a $50 fine. You must stay your whole 3-hour shift. If you can’t attend your assigned date, you must sign up in advance with room parents in charge of the rescheduled date.
One easy way to help you reach your $500 financial commitment is to purchase Scrip throughout the year. We accept credit cards in the office for your orders making it easier than ever! It’s basically buying gift cards to purchase things like groceries, gas, gifts, or things you need and want on a daily basis, but you can get fundraising credit for a portion of every gift card you buy! Work smarter, not harder! We have Scrip for Starbucks, Vons, Albertsons, Sam’s Club, Home Depot, Gardena Supermarket, and so much more!
St. Anthony – Pray for us