Dear Parents and Guardians,
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving break with your family, friends and children. We are grateful to all who contributed to our Thanksgiving Food Drive to help those in need. This Saturday, 12/7, our amazing Folklorico group, led by Ms. Martha Zambrano, will be performing at the Palos Verdes Christmas Parade! We look forward to more performances by them in the coming months.
This past Sunday was the first week of Advent and our teachers will be working with our students, in preparation for Christmas and its true meaning. We have also started to practice for our annual Christmas program on Monday, December 9 at 6pm in the Church. Mrs. Garcia has once again mapped out a wonderful program for our students this year, and we very much look forward to seeing the concert come together! Our Hawaiian Raffle winner will be announced on December 9. The monies for these tickets for families who opted to sell tickets are due by Friday, December 6, and are part of your mandatory fundraising requirement for the year. Please feel free to sell to family and friends to give them a chance to win a trip to Hawaii! Tastyblock will be on campus on Monday 12/9 from 2:30-8:30pm. Please support our school fundraiser!
Last week, it was great to see many of you for our First Trimester Awards Ceremony. Congratulations to all the award recipients. You are all role models for your peers, and give everyone something to strive for! Our student-teacher volleyball game had to be postponed due to the rainy weather, new date to be announced, as it is a tradition we hope to continue each year.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2019 – 2020
- Nov 27– Noon Dismissal No Daycare, Student Teacher Volleyball Game
- Nov 28-12/1 – Thanksgiving Break, school resumes Monday, 12/2
- Dec 5 – Kinder Ornament and Snack Sale after school, Ballet Pacifica 2nd grade Field trip to the Nutcracker
- Dec 6– Hawaiian trip fundraising money due, Posadas: 4th and Kinder at 1pm and Christmas Tree Lighting at PMA at 6pm (School Choir)
- Dec 8 – Feast of the Immaculate Conception, 1st and 8th Grade Bake Sale – 8th Grade Poinsettia Fundraiser – Family Mass at 11am
- Dec 9 – Christmas show at 6pm in Church, Hawaiian Raffle Winner announced after show, Tastyblock on campus
- Dec 11 – Christmas Sweater Day, Penance service at 8:45 and 10:45
- Dec 12 – Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Dec 13– Noon Dismissal, No Daycare
- Dec 14–January 6 – Christmas Break
- Dec 16 – Parish Posadas and Simbang Gabi (5am daily Mass) begins through 12/24
- Jan 6- Class resumes
- Jan 6 -26 – STAR Window 2
- Jan 8 – Ned’s New Mindset Mission assembly 8-8:45am
- Jan 11 – Kinder Roundup: Testing for Siblings and SAP Preschool Students
- Jan 20 – No School, MLK Holiday
- Jan 21– Early Kinder Registration for accepted students at 6:30 pm in the Hall
- Jan 23 – Kindergarten Parent Meeting 6:00pm
- Jan 24– Junior High CA Science Center Field Trip
- Jan 26– Open House, Catholic Schools week begins Family Mass
- Jan27- Student Appreciation day
- Jan28- Teacher Appreciation day
- Jan 29- Administration Appreciation day
- Jan 30– Parent Appreciation day
- Jan 31– Special Person’s Day Mass at 8 am
Just a reminder that the last day to purchase Scrip from Mr. Aguilar is Friday, 12/6, if you want to receive it before the Christmas break.
SCHOOL UNIFORM REMINDERS
Please remember that ONLY uniform sweaters and jackets are allowed at school. Colors/prints that detract from our private school uniform look are not allowed. Teachers may send home uniform infractions for your child if there is a violation. 3 infractions will equal a detention. Please see the section on uniforms in the Parent/Student Handbook found online to get reacquainted with the school policy. As a reminder, all boys must have clean haircuts and girls may only wear school accessories and stud earrings. Random checks schoolwide will begin this trimester.
EARLY KINDER REGISTRATION FOR 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR!
There is a wonderful opportunity available for any school parents hoping to enroll their younger children in our Kindergarten next year. As current school families of the SAP community, you are able to apply using the Early Admissions Process. This allows ONLY current families of St. Anthony’s School and St. Anthony’s Day Nursery, to apply earlier than the general public (who can begin applying on March 1, 2020), and receive an admissions decision before outside applicants have even begun the process. Don’t delay–the submission deadline for early applications is Friday, December 13, and testing begins on Saturday, January 11, 2020. If you don’t meet the deadlines, you will be waitlisted. All other general applicants must wait until March 1 to be considered. Only those accepted will be able to attend the Kindergarten Registration Night on January 21, 2020 at 6:30pm in the Hall. Turn in your paperwork and $50 application fee early to avoid disappointment. If accepted, you will secure your child’s seat in the 2020-2021 Kindergarten class by the end of February 2020!
St. Anthony – Pray for us