Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for attending our 2nd General Parent meeting! I appreciated all of your positive attitudes and active participation. Thank you to all who met with their PLC leads that night. We will need your help for the coming months and will be reaching out to you for the 2/29 Special Persons’ Dance. As we prepare for our upcoming WASC/WCEA 2020 accreditation visit from 3/24-3/26, your feedback and input will help improve our school and will be a part of our strategic plan moving forward. This is OUR school and the amount of work we put in directly affects our children. The slideshow presentation is posted on our website with the PLC descriptions and leads on them. The leads may reach out to you, but it is your responsibility to respond to be able to earn your service hours. We will also send emails re: other opportunities to earn hours by donating gift cards for school needs. If you choose this route, please buy Scrip through the school and donate the gift cards so you can earn double credit.
Our last parent meeting is May 7 at 6:30pm in the Hall. Re-Registration begins on 2/18 and 2/19 for next school year. Open Enrollment begins March 3, 2020.
Students should come to school in their Formal Mass uniform on 2/14, Valentine’s Day. They can wear pink and red shirts on Thursday. In addition, next week, we celebrate the Birthday of our Presidents. There will be NO SCHOOL on Monday, 2/17 due to the holiday. Pre-sale tickets for our Silent Disco on 2/29 begins today. You can pick up tickets in the office the week of the event or at will call at the door.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2020
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- Feb 10 – Boy Scouts Meeting at 6pm in Faculty Room
- Feb 11 – Musical Theater Parent info mtg
- Feb 17 – Presidents’ Day HOLIDAY, No School
- Feb 18-19– Re-registration in the Hall 6-8pm, A-K/L-Z Respectively
- Feb 19 – 5th grade Field trip to Griffith Observatory
- Feb 21 – Junior High CA Science Center Field Trip, Yearbook presale ends
- Feb 26- Ash Wednesday, Lent Begins
- Feb 29 – Silent Disco/Special Persons’ Dance: Hall from 4-8pm
- March 2 – NO SCHOOL OR DAYCARE for STUDENTS for Professional Development Days for Teachers, Read Across America Week
- March 5 – Talent Show in the Hall
- March 6 – Pre-visit by WASC/WCEA Accreditation Team: 9am-12pm(Official Visit is 3/24-3/26),
- March 9 – 4th and 5th First Flight Field Trip in Anaheim
- March 11 – 4th grade Retreat at LHC convent
- March 23 – Penance Service at 8:45 for grades 3-5 & 10:45 for grades 6-8
- March 23-26 – WASC/WCEA Accreditation Team Visit
- March 25 – Feast of the Annunciation, end of 33 Days to Morning Glory, Marian Consecration
- March 30 – Faculty Retreat- Student Free Day NO SCHOOL, NO DAYCARE
- April 1– Jog-a-Thon. 8am-12pm
- April 2–Kinder LA Zoo Field Trip
- April 4-8 – Clothing for a Cause Fundraiser (trailer on Campus, donations to be left by Noah’s Ark Mural)
- April 7 – First Reconciliation
- April 8– Spelling Bee, 8-10 am
- April 9– Holy Thursday, Noon Dismissal
- April 10– Good Friday, No School
- April 22 – 1st Grade Field Trip to Aquarium of the Pacific
- April 25 –First Holy Communion
SUMMER CAMP/CHILDCARE PROGRAM IN FALL
Early bird registration for Summer Camp at St. Anthony will end soon. We need at least 35 families to sign up to run the program.We are also looking into morning and extended daycare through an outside company to charge hourly rates to families needing childcare, in an effort to keep up with rising costs of wages and still offer this service.
IMPORTANT EARLY REGISTRATION INFO for RETURNING FAMILIES the 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR! 2/18 and 2/19
Current families can re-register on Feb 18 (last names A-K) and Feb 19 (last names L-Z) from 6-8pm in the Hall. SAVE THE DATES to secure your child/ren(’s) spot for next year, or you may be placed on the wait list. Open enrollment is March 1. All tuition contracts and parent handbook forms must be signed at re-registration. Non-refundable registration Fees are: $150/child: returning students and $175/child for new students and LATE registrants. Families must sign up for their 8 Fiesta Hours with Patty Sanchez/Pattie Padilla.
CLOTHING FOR A CAUSE SCHOOL FUNDRAISER 4/4-4/8
The Clothing for a Cause Trailer will be on campus 4/4-4/8. Please leave donations of CLOTHING & SHOES near the Noah’s Ark mural. Saturday April 4 from 5pm – Tuesday, April 8 till 4pm.
St. Anthony – Pray for Us