Dear Parents and Guardians,
I hope you all had a restful weekend. Last week’s May Crowning Drive through was simply beautiful. Please see our Facebook page for photos and videos. Just a friendly reminder that May 22-25 is our 4-day Memorial Day weekend, so please enjoy it!
June 2 is our New Parent Orientation for new and Kindergarten families entering the school next Fall. Vicki Marsha will have uniforms available online. Please see Mr. Aguilar to purchase Vicki Marsha Scrip. Do take the time to vote for our school online for the Daily Breeze Readers’ Choice Awards. More info is below. If you are so inclined, please also take a moment to contact your Members of Congress to ask for emergency aid to Catholic schools and our families in the next COVID-19 Legislation package. Our requests include: equitable access to K12 federal funds for Catholic schools, direct funding to families for tuition aid and tax breaks for K12 tuition payments. Thank you in advance.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2020
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- May 18 – Regular School Day (no Fiesta Clean up Day)
- May 22-25 –Memorial Day 4-day Holiday Weekend
- May 26-29– Student Government Campaigning(virtual Campaigns will be held on Google Classroom for grades 5-7, videos will be released for students to watch)
- May 29 – Student Government Election Day (done virtually on Google Classroom, updates from Mr. Perry), 8th graders to pick up gift bags and thumb drives with grad pictures from school
- May 29 – Parent Service Hours due and Service hours on Gradelink cut-off date ($10/hour for those who have not yet served their hours or paid out in advance, per tuition contract), Last Day to buy Scrip!
- June 2 – New Parent Orientation: Powerpoint presentation will be sent to new students/families, Vicki Marsha online orders
- June 3 – Closeout Daycare billing, Crossover Day (Virtual Zoom meetings with new teachers in the fall, school supply list/summer projects sent home)
- June 5 – Inauguration of the New Student Government (updates from Mr. Perry), Gradelink blocked, end of 3rd Trimester for 8th grade, 8th grade Fees Due!
- June 11 – 8th graders return all text books, library books, and borrowed devices (ipads, Chromebooks), clean out lockers, pick up belongings, last day to pay tuition and fees for graduates
- June 12 – 8th grade Drive-Through Graduation on campus 8am-10am and Last Day of School (updates from Mrs. Navia) End of 3rd Trimester for grades K-7, collect all caps and gowns, pass out report cards
- June 13 – Feast Day of St Anthony of Padua (All School Mass via Livestream)
- June 15 – K-7 students return all textbooks, library books, and borrowed ipads/Chromebooks to school, send home all supplies, get ready to close out the classrooms and clean for the year ahead
- June 16 – Kinder Promotion (updates sent to parents from Ms. Strohm)
- June 17 – Last Day of School, 3rd Trimester awards announced by teachers and sent home, report cards mailed home (electronic and hard copy)
Thank you to all families who have served their 25 family Service hours this year or who paid in advance ($10/hr) for those hours. Any hours that have not been served will be invoiced. You have the option to roll it into FACTS for the remainder of the year. Some families have signed up to help Mr. Flores with projects around the school to earn their service hours. If you want to help, please email the office and we can have you work your hours. If you want to make a donation to the school to earn your service hours, we are in need of gift cards, specifically from Home Depot for paint and supplies to beautify our school. Thank you!
We continue our planning process for the 2020-2021 school year and have been accepting new students, even in these circumstances. It is imperative for parents of returning students to complete the Registration process ASAP. We are in open enrollment and if you have not registered for next school year, your child will be waitlisted. Should you have any questions, please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to apply for CEF, we need you to fill out your application this week.
DAILY BREEZE: BEST PRIVATE SCHOOL IN THE SOUTH BAY: VOTING STARTED FRIDAY, MAY 1 AND ENDS SAT, MAY 30!
Please click here for instructions on how to vote. Please ask your friends and family to vote for the Daily Breeze Readers’ Choice as well, and spread the word by email, text, and social media. Thank you in advance! Winning these awards benefits our whole school, especially our children!
St. Anthony – Pray for Us