8th Grade Music Video
Hi Everyone, here are the instructions for our class song, You’ve Got a Friend in Me. Please see the youtube karaoke video and rehearse a couple of times then record yourself singing the song. Once it is recorded, please put it on here. It is due Wednesday, May 27, 2020 in order to give us time to edit these all together. Please turn them in ASAP (This assignment is REQUIRED)!
1. All must record video in a horizontal orientation (hamburger style!)
2. All can use whatever video background would look best and is appropriate, and allows everyone to see them clearly.
3. All can have multiples recordings if needed for us to choose for edits (close ups needed)
4. Attire: School uniforms are suggested but not required (Make sure if you are not wearing one, you are wearing some appropriate).
5. Please record the ENTIRE SONG as it gives the editors more opportunities to feature everyone. You can put your own spin on it, but stick to the timing, and keep it tasteful, appropriate.
6. Introduce themselves at the beginning of the video. Just their name and wave and smile at the camera for 10 seconds. (this is for the ending of the video) You can be alone or with your pet or family (anyone in your quarantine bubble).
7. If possible, use headphones when you record. This will ensure that we don’t have the background track echoing in your recording. If you don’t have headphones or a means to record yourself with out the background track doubling, email us and we can try to figure something out. Regardless of who edits it, your best practice for quality vocal recordings will help a lot!
The end of the video will be a grid of the 8th graders faces (see #6 above to accomplish this)
If you can record outdoors – great! Just make sure it’s legal. Please consider that we need good audio quality. If you can do it indoors with no background sound – please do. If you have any questions about recording ideas / audio quality, please let us know!
Sharing: We will send you all a final link to share as you see fit. All students have media clearance.
So excited to see and hear all of your recordings!
– Mrs. Garcia
PS: I uploaded video instructions on your google classroom, it is too big to attach here!
8th Grade Music Video