Dear Students, Parents/Guardians,
Thank you for a successful Parent Conference week! We appreciate you making the time to meet with our faculty and staff last week to ensure that your child is met where they are, and receives the best possible education that St. Anthony’s can provide. Again, if you ever have any concerns, please bring it up to your child’s teacher first, and if something needs more attention, I am happy to join the conversation as well, to resolve any issues. We are partners in education, but you as parents are your child’s first teacher. We are here to help you in your goal to raise your children to be totally healthy in mind, body and spirit, as a Follower of Jesus.
We are in the midst of RESPECT LIFE MONTH. We prayed a rosary together as a school on October 7 at our Zoom weekly morning assembly to celebrate the Feast day of Our Lady of the Rosary, and to thank God for the miracles he bestows upon us each day. We continue to pray for all families struggling with health issues, and we pray for a cure to COVID-19. As we near another election cycle, we ask that all those who are of age, please register to vote. Let your voice be heard, and vote your conscience. This week’s parish bulletin encouraged us to see issues through a Catholic lens, as of a Follower of Jesus. May God bless America and all our world’s leaders as we move forward in 2020.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2020-2021
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog, along with our SAP School app for the most current information.)
- Monday, October 12 : NO SCHOOL – Student Free Day (Columbus Day) Teacher PD
- Friday, October 16: Virtual Magic Show for qualifying families 6:30pm
- Tuesday, October 20: NED Assembly
- Saturday, October 24: Mandatory Formation Retreat run virtually by Ms. Gomez 9am – 12pm (2nd graders)
- Friday, October 30: Halloween – Noon Dismissal, Halloween activities TBD
- All Saints’ Day on Saturday, November 1
- All Souls’ Day on Sunday, November 2
- Friday, November 6: Gradelink blocked, 8am Drive-in All School Mass (optional Saint dress up day)
- Monday, November 9: NO SCHOOL Veteran’s Day Holiday observed
- Thursday, November 12: School Parent retreat with Msgr. Sal 6:00-8:00pm (earn up to 2 service hours for attendance)
- Friday, November 13: 1st Trimester ends
- Saturday, November 14: 2nd Trimester begins
- Friday, November 20: First Trimester Awards Ceremony
- Thursday, November 26-29 Thanksgiving Holiday
- Friday, December 4: 8am Drive-in All School Mass
- Monday, December 14: School Penance Service
- Thursday, December 17: Virtual All-School Christmas Show
- Friday, December 18: Last day of school before Christmas Break (Faculty luncheon at 12:30)
FAMILY INCOME SURVEY
Parents, please turn in your updated Family Income Survey Forms by Wednesday, October 14. All families are asked to complete this annually. They are fillable PDF forms. Please check your email so you can fill it out electronically this year. These numbers are important for us to be able to see our eligibility to receive federal and state programs and funds and grants from donors. Thank you in advance for your help! We need this information by this Wednesday to qualify for services.
RALPH’S AND FOOD 4 LESS COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM
Just a reminder that our school is a member of the Community Rewards Programs for both Ralphs and Food 4 Less stores. For the Ralphs & the Food 4 Less Programs, you can opt in for the Community Rewards Program using your Ralphs or Food 4 Less Club Card, by following the directions to the email sent recently by Ms. Grimaldo. Please note that there is a different enrollment code for each of these stores. It is very important that you register the cards as soon as possible prior to the next time you use them, or the school will not receive benefits. Then please have the cashier scan the card or enter your ALT ID every time you make a purchase at Ralphs or Food 4 Less and we will receive a small percentage of each sale! We invite any parents or guardians who shop at Food 4 Less or Ralphs, even occasionally, to consider enrolling as this is an easy way to benefit the school without it costing you anything extra. We thank you in advance for your participation and thoughtfulness!
EARN ONE SERVICE HOUR FROM HOME!
Parents who review our school online on Yelp, Google, AND greatschools.org will earn up to one service hour after you send me your screenshots of all 3 sites as proof: to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MORE SERVICE HOUR OPPORTUNITIES
Parents who volunteer on Saturdays (every 2-3 weeks) can earn service hours cleaning our school with the Interior Maintenance PLC. Please join the group! Please see the email blast that was sent out re: the dates when the Interior Maintenance PLC will meet. Thanks in advance!
St. Anthony – Pray for us