I want to thank all the families who were able to join us last week for our Parent Faith Formation Retreat with Msgr. Sal. It was much needed during these trying times.
This week we continue our Cash Raffle Fundraiser. Your tickets are to be sold between now and Friday, December 11, when all monies are due. Our drawing will take place after the annual Christmas Prayer Service on Friday, 12/17 in the evening on campus. We encourage you to sell to family and friends during the Thanksgiving break to give them a chance to win the Grand Prize of $2000!
This is also our last week to buy your Christmas Poinsettia Plants. This is a school-wide fundraiser and these festive plants will be on sale for $10 apiece. If you pre-order them now, you can pick them up at our next drive-in Mass on Friday, 12/4. Thank you in advance for your support! All school fundraisers help to make up for the income lost from extracurricular activities, due to COVID-19. Every little bit helps. In December, we will also begin selling Krispy Kreme cards (with 10 stickers that lets you get a dozen free when you buy a dozen donuts). These are great Christmas gifts!
This Friday, 11/20 from 9-9:45am, is our 1st Trimester Mass and Awards Ceremony! Please join us on Zoom after Mass that morning. Teachers will send out the link.
Thank you to our Interior Maintenance PLC for cleaning our school this past Saturday. We are grateful to Claudia Guzman and Priscilla for leading this effort.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2020-2021
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog, along with our SAP School app for the most current information.)
- Monday, November 16: First day of Special Needs Cohorts (by teacher invitation only, based on assessments and special needs/extenuating circumstances)
- Friday, November 20:First Trimester All-School Virtual Awards Ceremony on Zoom from 9-9:45am
- Thursday, November 26-29 Thanksgiving Holiday
- Tuesday December 1: Kindergarten applications available for nursery students
- Friday, December 4: 8am Drive-in All School Mass (poinsettia fundraiser pre-sale pick up day)
- Friday December 11: Fall Raffle fundraising money due ($2000 Cash/credit towards tuition for Grand prize)
- Monday, December 14: School Penance Service (Sign up Genius)
- Thursday, December 17: All-School Christmas Show and Final Drawing for School Raffle Winners
- Friday, December 18: Noon Dismissal and Last day of school before Christmas Break (Faculty and Staff Luncheon at 12:30)
- Monday, January 11: School Resumes from Christmas Break
SCHOOL DONATIONS AND SERVICE HOURS
For families looking to pay off their service hour commitment, our school gives the option to buy Scrip/gift cards and donate them to the school for overhead expenses. We buy a lot of materials and supplies from Home Depot for Beautification of our school, and Target for much needed supplies, so if you buy Scrip valued at $10/hour and donate it to the school to offset costs, we will credit your service hour account. You can also donate gift cards to the school for prizes for our PLCs and fundraisers. Thanks in advance!
One easy way to help you reach your $500 financial commitment is to purchase Scrip throughout the year. We accept credit cards in the office for your orders making it easier than ever! It’s basically buying gift cards to purchase things like groceries, gas, gifts, or things you need and want on a daily basis, but you can get fundraising credit for a portion of every gift card you buy! Work smarter, not harder! We have Scrip for Starbucks, Vons, Albertsons, Sam’s Club, Home Depot, Gardena Supermarket, and so much more!
KINDERGARTEN EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION IN DECEMBER
In December, we will be offering EARLY BIRD applications to St. Anthony Day Nursery Families and siblings of current SAP School families for incoming Kinder students for the 2021-2022 SY! Open Enrollment for other families begins 3/1/21. Please spread the word!
COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM FOR RALPH’S & FOOD 4 LESS
This is an easy way to help our school that doesn’t cost parents a thing and takes just a few minutes. Please refer to the email blast sent out by Ms. Grimaldo last Friday 11/13 for exact instructions and enrollment codes. Feel free to email Ms. Grimaldo directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information.