Dear Parents and Guardians,
I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We welcome 2021 and pray for a blessed year ahead. We also continue to keep everyone affected by COVID-19 in our thoughts and prayers and we hope for swift recoveries. The staff and I truly appreciated all the outpouring of love and gifts from all of you this holiday season. Many thanks! I’d also like to thank Mrs. Jessica Garcia and all the students and teachers for putting on a lovely Christmas Prayer Service. I loved seeing everyone there on 12/17. Congratulations to our Cash Raffle Winners: 4th Prize $250 – Maggie Acosta, 3rd Prize $500 – Isaac Perez, 2nd Prize $1,000 – Erika Mercado, Grand Prize $2,000 – Alexis LaPeyrollerie. Thank you all for your participation!
Based on the recent advisory notice from our ADLA School Superintendent Paul Escala and the LA County Dept. of Health, our high needs cohort will not return to in-person learning till Monday, 2/1 due to the overwhelming number of positive cases of COVID-19 in LA County. Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation. We look forward to having in-person instruction again for all students when we are advised by public health authorities that it is safe to return. Your teachers will email you with more information.
Catholic Schools’ Week will be virtual this year. I will be giving private scheduled tours or virtual school tours via Zoom to answer any questions for prospective families you may know who would like to attend our school. Our Annual in-person Open House will be suspended this year, but we still appreciate you referring your friends and family to our school!
Just a reminder that there is NO SCHOOL next Monday, January 18, due to the MLK, Jr. Holiday. Our 2nd STAR testing window will continue from January 6 and will be extended through 2/12. We will have one more STAR testing window at the end of the year to measure student progress.
Please turn in all TTS forms (we need all signed permission slips in so we can start our lessons that are due by mid-February). We also ask for all students who qualify for Title services to have their parents sign their parent authorization form for release of information to check for eligibility. Once these are in, we can start receiving services for our school. Thank you!
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2020-2021
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog, along with our SAP School app for the most current information.)
- Monday January 11: Class resumes remotely, in-person learning resumes on February 1 (not January 19 as we had hoped, per Dept. of Health)
- Wednesday January 6-February 12: STAR Window 2
- Monday January 11: Culture Project Human Dignity Talk for Junior High (Virtual) 11-12:15 on Zoom
- Wednesday January 13: Yearbook Pre-Sale Begins ends Feb 26
- Thursday January 14: Culture Project Sexual Integrity Talk – 7th and 8th graders only (Virtual) 11-12:15 on Zoom
- January 12-14: Kindergarten Testing for next school year (Zoom interviews and ESGI online testing for current preschoolers)
- Monday January 18: No School MLK, Jr. Day HOLIDAY!
- Tuesday January 19 – Culture Project The Social Media Talk for Junior High (Virtual) 11-12:15 on Zoom
- Thursday January 21 – Early Kinder registration for accepted students online at 6:30 pm and Culture Project to visit Gr 6-8 (these will likely be done virtually)
- Friday, January 22 – 2nd Trimester Progress Reports go out
- Tuesday January 26 and Thursday 28: Musical Auditions 3:15-5pm (tentative: choir and musical. If it goes on, students will likely have to wear face shields/masks and follow all social distancing protocols)
- Sunday January 31- February 6: Catholic Schools’ Week begins virtually. (School is still in remote learning until it’s safe to reopen for all students)
IMPORTANT EARLY KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION!
If you have a child that will be entering Kindergarten next year and is NOT at St. Anthony’s Day Nursery – please contact me right away to let me know so I can include him/her on the early registration list. If your child is already at the Nursery School, you have already received info and should have turned in all applications by now. First come first serve.
IMMUNIZATION REPORTS AND VACCINATIONS
Routine vaccination is an essential preventive care service for children, adolescents, and adults that should not be delayed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. To date, we have received very few immunization reports back for some students and some 7th graders seem to be missing their more recent TDAP shots. Parents, if you haven’t already, please submit these forms to the office along with your child’s most recent vaccination record. You can email them to Ms. Grimaldo and me at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXPRESS FEEDBACK FOR GOOD FUNDRAISER 2/1/2021-3/2/2021
Our school has an incredible opportunity to raise funds for our children in a unique, fun, and easy way! We will be sending out more information soon, but if you knew you could spend one minute of your time giving your feedback on your favorite products and earn $2 for our school for every survey you did from the safety and comfort of your home on your phone or computer, would you do it? Imagine if each adult in your family over 18 did the maximum of 75 surveys, each adult in your household could earn $150 for our school! Some organizations have raised between $7000 and $81,000 this way! I think we can earn thousands of dollars without having to buy any products or sell anything. Get ready for some fun and healthy competition among classes and families to raise money and harness the power of your social media circles and networks to raise money for St. Anthony of Padua School next month! Stay tuned for more information.
OPEN HOUSE/ON-CAMPUS PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE
Due to the surge in COVID cases, we will not have our in-person Open House this year. Teachers will be making short video tours of their classrooms. I will be conducting private tours or can schedule Zoom meetings with prospective families. If someone you know would like to schedule a tour on campus or have an informational Zoom session with me, please contact me at email@example.com. St. Anthony – Pray for us