Dear Parents and Guardians,
This weekend our 2nd graders had their retreat with Ms. Gomez and Mrs. Islas, in preparation for the sacraments of Reconciliation and First Holy Communion. Our prayers are with our students and teachers as they grow in holiness.
Last week we had a Kindness Adventure Assembly. The NED Show’s Pay it Forward Sale is taking place now through Friday, 1/29 in the office. You can call/email the office to make an appointment or use the Sign up Genius link that was sent out to purchase items.
Catholic Schools’ Week will be virtual this year. I will be giving private scheduled tours or virtual school tours via Zoom to answer any questions for prospective families you may know who would like to attend our school. Our Annual in-person Open House will be suspended this year, but we still appreciate you referring your friends and family to our school! We are excited to have Special Person’s Day next Friday, 2/5 ! We will have our 8am All-School Drive-in Mass that day and ALL students can invite somebody they consider “special” to them, an adult 18 or older. We will celebrate Mass together honoring that Special Person. You may choose to have lunch off campus after Mass. That day is a Noon Dismissal. Student Government will send out announcements about Dress up days for next week.
Please keep an eye out for the short interest survey we will be sending out this week re: a prospective food vendor, Bevaris Alliance. We appreciate your feedback!
We are happy to announce Title I ELA and Title IV Math Services through Catapult Learning will start 1/29. If your child is participating, we will need you to sign a parent authorization form and consent form for them to join the program and get supplementary help.
Our 2nd General Parent Zoom Meeting is scheduled for February 10, and the final meeting is on May 5.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2020-2021
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog, along with our SAP School app for the most current information.)
● Wednesday, January 20: NED Kindness Kindness Adventure Pay it ForwardSale 1/20-1/29 in office (by appointment only)
● Thursday, January 28: Kindergarten Zoom meeting for accepted students on Zoom with Ms. Strohm at 6pm
● ● Sunday, January 31- February 6: Catholic Schools’ Week begins virtually. (School is still in remote learning until it’s safe to reopen for all students)
● Thursday, January 28: Fill out online link for students and staff for Pacific Toxicology COVID-Testing on Monday, 2/1
● February 1: High Needs Cohort Students return to campus in-person, Pacific Toxicology COVID-Testing on campus for staff and students
● February 1-March 2: Express Feedback for Good Fundraiser (NO Jog-a-Thon or fundraising social and silent auction this year)
● Monday, February 1: Student Appreciation Day
● Tuesday, February 2: Teacher Appreciation Day – Musical callbacks (tentative)
● Wednesday, February 3: Administration Appreciation Day
● Thursday, February 4: Parent Appreciation Day (All School Pep Rally)
● Friday, February 5: Special Persons’ Day and All-School Drive-In Mass on campus (100th day of school!) Noon Dismissal
● Wednesday, February 10: General Parent Meeting #2 online (Zoom meeting: Kick-off parent sign ups for Express Feedback for Good Fundraiser)
● Friday, February 12: Valentine’s Day observed, wear pink and red shirts (STAR TESTING WINDOW #2 Ends today)
● Monday, February 15: No School Presidents’ Day
● Wednesday, February 17: Ash Wednesday (beginning of Lent)
● February, 22-26: Re-Registration Week for returning students (all online) $150 per student, after this week $175 re-registration fee.
● Friday, February 26: Yearbook Pre-Sale ends
IMPORTANT EARLY REGISTRATION and RE-REGISTRATION INFO for RETURNING FAMILIES
Mark your calendars for Feb 22-26: Re-Registration for current students will take place that week. All registration forms can be filled out and uploaded online! Stay tuned for more information from Mr. Aguilar. New Kindergarten Registration is now happening for preschool students and siblings of current students. Congratulations to all our new students who have been accepted to our school for the 2021-2022 school year!
YEARBOOK PRE SALE $30 THROUGH 2/26
Yearbook pre-sales are here NOW through February 22 for $30! Beginning 2/27 the price will be $40. Reserve your hardcover Yearbook now by sending a check made payable to St. Anthony of Padua School with an order form.
OPEN HOUSE/ON-CAMPUS PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE
Due to the surge in COVID cases, we will not have our in-person Open House this year. Teachers will be making short video tours of their classrooms. I will be conducting private tours and scheduling Zoom meetings with prospective families. If someone you know would like to schedule a tour on campus or have an informational Zoom session with me, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget our referral incentives!
EXPRESS FEEDBACK FOR GOOD FUNDRAISER 2/1/2021-3/2/2021
Our school has an incredible opportunity to raise funds for our children in a unique, fun, and easy way! Spend one minute of your time giving your feedback on your favorite products and earn $2 for our school for every brand opinion from the safety and comfort of your home on your phone or computer (up to 75 surveys per person over 18). If each adult in your family over 18 did the maximum of 75 surveys, each adult in your household could earn $150 for our school! You can have great financial impact with no monetary cost! Get ready for some fun and healthy competition among classes and families to raise money and harness the power of your social media circles and networks to raise money for St. Anthony of Padua School from 2/1-3/2. Your child and teachers can earn terrific prizes for their participation
!St. Anthony – Pray for us