Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you to all who attended our 11am Drive-in Family Mass yesterday to kick off Catholic Schools’ Week! Due to the pandemic, this fun week celebrating Catholic Schools will be virtual this year. All our teachers made awesome videos of their classrooms and we will be sharing them with prospective families who are inquiring about our school. If you have any referrals, please forward them to the front office and you can earn some great incentives! I will be giving private scheduled tours or virtual school tours via Zoom to answer any questions for any of your friends or other families you may know who would like to attend our school.
Today is also the first day of Black History Month. Teachers will be doing activities in their classrooms this month to celebrate this wonderful time of year when we remember the important people and events in the history of Black Americans in every area throughout our history.
Can you believe this Friday, February 5 will be our 100th Day of School? Many more exciting activities are to come. Please see our calendar below and online. Re-registration for our current students for next school year will take place online this year for one week from February 22-26. Also, don’t forget to pre-order your yearbook while supplies last.
Students in the high needs cohort return to campus this week. Everyone else will remain in distance learning until it is deemed safe to return. We are hoping with the vaccine we can possibly reopen our school to all students with a hybrid model in the third trimester. Educators are in the next group to be vaccinated! Stay tuned for the latest info from the Dept. of Health.
Today is the first day of our Express Feedback for Good Campaign. Please try to get 2 adults to sponsor each student by giving 75 brand opinions and earning up to $150 for each participating adult. Our goal is to reach $35,000 by March 2, and I know we can do it! Thanks in advance for your support!
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2020-2021
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog, along with our SAP School app for the most current information.)
- Monday, February 1 High Needs Cohort Students return to campus in-person, Pacific Toxicology COVID-Testing on campus for staff and students from 9am-12:30 (Sign up Genius) Jr. High Returns 2/2
- February 1-March 2: Express Feedback for Good Fundraiser (NO Jog-a-Thon or fundraising social and silent auction this year)
- Monday, February 1: Student Appreciation Day (Pajama Day)
- Tuesday, February 2: Teacher Appreciation Day (Cosplay Day) 1pm Faith Fact Competition on Zoom
- Wednesday, February 3: Administration Appreciation Day (Frontline Worker/Mask Day)
- Thursday, February 4: Parent Appreciation Day (All School Pep Rally at 2pm on Zoom)
- Friday, February 5: Special Persons’ Day and 8am All-School Drive-In Mass (100th day of school!) Noon Dismissal
- Wednesday, February 10: General Parent Meeting #2 online (Zoom meeting: Kick-off parent sign ups for Express Feedback for Good Fundraiser, Trojan Letters 2/10, 2/24, and Final Winners Announced on 3/10 at our 8:30 am Zoom morning assembly
- Friday, February 12: Valentine’s Day observed, wear pink and red shirts (STAR TESTING WINDOW #2 Ends today)
- Monday, February 15: No School Presidents’ Day
- Wednesday, February 17: Ash Wednesday (beginning of Lent)
- February, 22-26: Re-Registration Week for returning students (all online) $150 per student, after this week $175 re-registration fee
- Friday, February 26: Yearbook Pre-Sale ends
- Monday, March 1: Read Across America Week begins and Open Enrollment begins
- Tuesday, March 2: Express Feedback for Good Campaign Ends
- Friday, March 5: 2nd Trimester ends
- Saturday, March 6: 3rd Trimester begins
- Thursday, March 11: Virtual Talent Show
- Friday, March 12: Third Trimester Mass and Awards Ceremony
- Monday, March 15: Grades 3-8 School Lenten Penance Service starting at 8:45 grades 3-5, 10:15-12 grades 6-8
- Wednesday March 17: St Patrick’s Day wear green shirts
- Thursday, March 18: Spring Picture Day
- Monday, March 22: Faculty retreat Student Free Day No School
IMPORTANT EARLY REGISTRATION INFO for RETURNING FAMILIES the 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR! 2/22-2/26
Current families can re-register for returning students (all online) $150 per student, after this week $175 re-registration fee. St. Anthony – Pray for us