Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for making our Catholic Schools’ Week so memorable! The faculty and staff are grateful to have wonderful parents like you to help make our work experience at the school enjoyable. We truly appreciate our faith community.
This Wednesday, 2/10, is our 2nd Mandatory General Parent Meeting on Zoom at 6:30pm. Our 3rd and final General Parent Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, May 5, so please mark your calendars. I will email blast a Zoom link to all families. Your teachers will have this link as well.
Just a reminder that while the majority of our students are not physically in school, the Parent Student Handbook still applies. And when on Zoom, we ask that all participants please show respect to Teachers and students at all times. Parents, please remind your children that their FULL face must be shown during remote learning as it is crucial with regard to the students’ safety and their education. Also, if your child is absent, you must notify the office between 7:30 and 8:30am the morning they are absent. The office number is 310-329-7170.
Valentine’s Day will be observed on Friday, 2/12. Students can wear pink and red shirts. In addition, next week, we celebrate the Birthday of our Presidents. There will be NO SCHOOL on Monday, 2/15 due to the holiday.
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2020-2021
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog, along with our SAP School app for the most current information.)
- 2/1-2/14: Vicki Marsha Online Sale: 10% discount
- Wednesday, February 10: General Parent Meeting #2 online (Zoom meeting: Parent sign ups for Express Feedback for Good Fundraiser) Trojan Letters 2/10, 2/24, and Final Winners Announced on 3/10 at our 8:30 am Zoom morning assembly
- Friday, February 12: Valentine’s Day observed, wear pink and red shirts (STAR TESTING WINDOW #2 Ends today)
- Monday, February 15: No School Presidents’ Day
- Wednesday, February 17: Ash Wednesday (beginning of Lent) Last all-School Drive-In Mass at 12 noon (parent volunteers needed as ushers) Next School Mass in church
- Wednesday, February 24: 4th grade retreat in the church from 6:30-7:30pm (each family will have a pew)
- February, 22-26: Re-Registration Week for returning students (all online) $150 per student, after this week $175 re-registration fee
- Friday, February 26: Yearbook Pre-Sale ends
- Monday, March 1: Read Across America Week begins and Open Enrollment begins
- Tuesday, March 2: Express Feedback for Good Campaign Ends
- Friday, March 5: Yearbook Sale ends
- Friday, March 5: 2nd Trimester ends, All School Mass in the church
- Saturday, March 6: 3rd Trimester begins
- Friday, March 12: 3rd Trimester Mass and Awards Ceremony on Zoom
- Monday, March 15: Lenten Penance Service starting at 8:45 grades 3-5, 10:15-12 grades 6-8
- Wednesday, March 17: St Patrick’s Day (wear green shirts)
- Thursday, March 11: Virtual Talent Show on Zoom
- Thursday, March 18: Spring Picture Day
- Monday, March 22: Faculty retreat, Student Free Day NO SCHOOL
IMPORTANT EARLY REGISTRATION INFO for RETURNING FAMILIES the 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR! 2/22-2/26
Current families can re-register for returning students (all online) $150 per student, after this week $175 re-registration fee.
IMMUNIZATION REPORTS AND VACCINATIONS
Routine vaccination is an essential preventive care service for children, adolescents, and adults that should not be delayed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Parents, if you haven’t already, please submit these updated forms to the office along with your child’s most recent vaccination record. You can email them to Ms. Grimaldo and me at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Once they are available, vaccines for COVID-19 are encouraged, but not mandated for adults only.
EXPRESS FEEDBACK FOR GOOD FUNDRAISER 2/1/2021-3/2/2021
Our school has already earned over $15,000 and our goal is to earn $35,000 by March 2! All adults are invited to do up to 75 brand opinion surveys online. Every opinion you give earns our school $2! Those who reach 75 by this Wednesday morning will qualify their children to be in the Trojan Drawings on 2/10 and 2/24 during our Zoom Morning Assembly at 8:30am. Final winners will be announced on 3/10. Keep up the amazing work! Monies raised will go toward keeping tuition costs low and purchasing water bottle filling stations and curriculum materials for our students. Thank you in advance, and spread the word!
St. Anthony – Pray for us