Dear Parents and Guardians,
Hope you are enjoying Presidents’ Day with your families!
Thank you for attending our 2nd General Parent meeting last week. I appreciated all of your positive attitudes and active participation. This is OUR school and the amount of work we put in directly affects our children. I am THRILLED to announce that we have met our $35,000 goal for the Express Feedback for Good campaign, in the first 12 days. That is outstanding! HundredX has generously allowed us to earn up to $15,000 more, capping our fundraising capability at $50,000. This campaign will end on 3/2 or when we hit $50,000, whichever comes first. Let’s work hard to earn $15,000 more dollars for our school! Our next Trojan Drawing is on 2/24, so all families with Superstars must complete the 75 surveys by Monday, 2/22 at 9pm to have their child qualify for prizes on the drawing. Overall winners will be announced on 3/10.
The slideshow presentation is posted on our website and was emailed to you all. Please think about which PLCs you want to join next year when you re-register. If you want to be a lead, please email me. The leads may reach out to committee members, but it is each parents’ responsibility to respond so you can earn your service hours. Throughout the year, we always send emails re: other opportunities to earn hours by donating gift cards for school needs. If you choose this route, please buy Scrip through the school and donate the gift cards so you can earn double credit. Our last parent meeting is May 5 at 6:30pm. You must attend the entire meeting to get credit. Re-Registration begins on 2/22-2/26 for next school year. This will all be done online! Current families can re-register during the week for returning students (all online) $150 per student, after this week $175 re-registration fee. Open Enrollment to the public begins on March 1.
This Wednesday 2/17 is Ash Wednesday, which signals the beginning of Lent. See you at our All-School Drive-in Mass at 12 noon. Remember, it is a day of fasting and abstinence.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2020-2021
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog, along with our SAP School app for the most current information.)
- Monday, February 15: No School Presidents’ Day
- Wednesday, February 17: Ash Wednesday (beginning of Lent) All-School Drive-in at 12 Noon (parent volunteers needed as ushers) Next School Mass in church
- Express Feedback for Good Fundraiser: 2nd Trojan Drawing 2/24, overall final winners announced 3/10 at Morning Assembly
- Wednesday, February 24: 4th grade retreat in the church from 6:30-7:30pm (each family will have a pew)
- February, 22-26: Re-Registration Week for returning students (all online) $150 per student, after this week $175 re-registration fee.
- Friday, February 26: Yearbook Pre-Sale ends
- Monday, March 1: Read Across America Week begins and Open Enrollment begins
- Tuesday, March 2: Express Feedback for Good Campaign Ends (or when we reach a cap of $50,000)
- Friday, March 5: Yearbook Pre-Sale ends (email pictures to Sr. Tho firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Friday, March 5: 2nd Trimester ends, All School Mass in the church
- Saturday, March 6: 3rd Trimester begins
- Thursday, March 11: Virtual Talent Show on Zoom
- Friday, March 12: 3rd Trimester Mass and Awards Ceremony
- Monday, March 15: Lenten Penance Service starting at 8:45 grades 3-5, 10:15-12 grades 6-8
- Wednesday, March 17: St Patrick’s Day (wear green shirts)
- Thursday, March 18: Spring Picture Day
- Monday, March 22: Faculty retreat, Student Free Day NO SCHOOL
- Thursday, April 1: Holy Thursday
- Friday, April 2: Good Friday No School (beginning of Spring Break)
- Monday, April 5-Sunday April 11: Easter Break
- Monday, April 12: Class resumes
- Wednesday, April 14: Spelling Bee (tentative)
- Monday, April 19: First Reconciliation at 6:30pm
- Friday April 23: Progress Reports go out
- Thursday April 29: 8th grade graduation Photos (Keys Photography)
EARN ONE SERVICE HOUR FROM HOME!
Parents who review our school online on Yelp, Google, AND greatschools.org will earn up to one service hour after you send me your screenshots of all 3 sites as proof: to email@example.com.
SCHOOL DONATIONS AND SERVICE HOURS
For families looking to pay off their service hour commitment, our school gives the option to buy Scrip/gift cards and donate them to the school for overhead expenses. We buy a lot of materials and supplies from Home Depot for Beautification of our school, and Target for much needed supplies, so if you buy Scrip valued at $10/hour and donate it to the school to offset costs, we will credit your service hour account. You can also donate gift cards to the school for prizes for our PLCs and fundraisers. Thanks in advance!
One easy way to help you reach your $500 financial commitment is to purchase Scrip throughout the year. We accept credit cards in the office for your orders making it easier than ever! It’s basically buying gift cards to purchase things like groceries, gas, gifts, or things you need and want on a daily basis, but you can get fundraising credit for a portion of every gift card you buy! Work smarter, not harder! We have Scrip for Starbucks, Vons, Albertsons, Sam’s Club, Home Depot, Gardena Supermarket, and so much more!
RALPH’S AND FOOD 4 LESS COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM
Just a reminder that our school is a member of the Community Rewards Programs for both Ralphs and Food 4 Less stores. For the Ralphs & the Food 4 Less Programs, you can opt in for the Community Rewards Program using your Ralphs or Food 4 Less Club Card, by following the directions to the email sent recently by Ms. Grimaldo. Please note that there is a different enrollment code for each of these stores. It is very important that you register the cards as soon as possible prior to the next time you use them, or the school will not receive benefits. Then please have the cashier scan the card or enter your ALT ID every time you make a purchase at Ralphs or Food 4 Less and we will receive a small percentage of each sale! We invite any parents or guardians who shop at Food 4 Less or Ralphs, even occasionally, to consider enrolling as this is an easy way to benefit the school without it costing you anything extra. We thank you in advance for your participation and thoughtfulness!
St. Anthony – Pray for us