Dear Parents and Guardians,
During this grace-filled season of Lent, I pray that you and your family are getting closer to God through Prayer, Fasting, Penance, and Almsgiving. We will have our school Stations of the Cross on Zoom every Friday.
Just a reminder that we will have re-registration all this week from 2/22-2/26 for parents of students in grades Kindergarten through 7th. All parents will sign tuition contracts, pay for registration to secure a spot for next year, and turn in all paperwork online at EnrollMe starting this Monday. This usually happens in the Hall over 2 days, but we are now doing this all online to expedite the process. We will not need to meet in person as in years past. However, if you’d like to schedule a separate time for a Zoom conference with me to discuss any issues re: your child, I’m happy to do so. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
I am so excited to announce that we have not only met our $35,000 goal for the Express Feedback for Good campaign in the first 12 days, but we are also close to hitting our 2nd tier goal of $50,000! This campaign will end on 3/2 or when we hit $50,000, whichever comes first, so please keep encouraging your family members to become Superstars and complete 75 brand opinions! Last Friday we had already earned $44,716. That means we are less than $5000 away from our goal of $50,000! Our last Trojan Drawing is this Wednesday, 2/24 at 8:30am, so all families with Superstars must complete the 75 surveys by today: Monday, 2/22 at 9pm and email Angelic and Leah to have their child qualify for prizes in the drawing this Wednesday. Overall winners will be announced on 3/10. Keep up the amazing work! I know we can reach our goal.
We have some upcoming opportunities to earn service hours. Our Interior Maintenance PLC will start up again on Saturday, 3/6. All future dates will be on Saturdays from 11am-2:30pm. If interested, please contact Claudia Guzman at email@example.com or Priscilla Ortiz at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you know, our school will be reopening in a hybrid format starting on Monday, March 8. We are following all LA County guidelines, and they are allowing grades K-6 to return on campus, following all safety protocols. Grades 7-8 will be able to return as the new “high needs cohort,” which means only 25% of the 7th and 8th graders can be on campus on any given day. More info will be coming from your teachers. Thanks for returning your surveys so we can plan to keep families together on the same days. If we don’t hear back from you we will assume that your child will continue with remote learning. Starting March 8, we are looking for volunteers on yard duty to help with carline drop off and pick up. Please email me if you are interested to help on days when your child is learning on campus. You will earn service hours for this. Thank you!
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2020-2021
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog, along with our SAP School app for the most current information.)
- Express Feedback for Good Fundraiser: 2nd and last Trojan Drawing 2/24, overall final winners announced 3/10 at 8:30 am Zoom Morning Assembly
- Wednesday, February 24: 4th grade retreat in the church from 6:30-7:30pm (each family will have a pew)
- February, 22-26: Re-Registration Week for returning students (all online) $150 per student, after this week it goes up to $175
- Monday, March 1: Read Across America Week begins and Open Enrollment begins
- Tuesday, March 2: Express Feedback for Good Campaign Ends (or when we reach a cap of $50,000)
- Friday, March 5: Yearbook Pre-Sale ends (email pictures to Sr. Tho email@example.com)
- Friday, March 5: 2nd Trimester ends, All School Mass in the Church at 8am (families to sit together in pews)
- Saturday, March 6: 3rd Trimester begins, Interior Maintenance PLC 11-2:30 (contact Claudia Guzman and Priscilla Ortiz)
- Wednesday, March 10: EFG Class Winners and Top Sellers Announced
- Thursday, March 11: Virtual Talent Show on Zoom
- Friday, March 12: 3rd Trimester Mass and Awards Ceremony
- Monday, March 15: Lenten Penance Service starting at 8:45 grades 3-5, 10:15-12 grades 6-8
- Wednesday, March 17: St Patrick’s Day (wear green shirts)
- Thursday, March 18: Spring Picture Day
- Monday, March 22: Faculty retreat, Student Free Day NO SCHOOL
- Thursday, April 1: Holy Thursday
- Friday, April 2: Good Friday No School (beginning of Spring Break)
- Monday, April 5-Sunday April 11: Easter Break
- Monday, April 12: Class resumes
- Wednesday, April 14: Spelling Bee (tentative)
- Monday, April 19: First Reconciliation at 6:30pm
- Friday April 23: Progress Reports go out Thursday
- April 29: 8th grade graduation Photos (Keys Photography
- May 5: 3rd and Final Mandatory Zoom General Parent Meeting ($50 fine for non-participation, must attend the whole meeting)
EARN ONE SERVICE HOUR FROM HOME!
Parents who review our school online on Yelp, Google, AND greatschools.org will earn up to one service hour after you send me your screenshots of all 3 sites as proof
One easy way to help you reach your $500 financial commitment is to purchase Scrip throughout the year. We accept credit cards in the office for your orders making it easier than ever! It’s basically buying gift cards to purchase things like groceries, gas, gifts, or things you need and want on a daily basis, but you can get fundraising credit for a portion of every gift card you buy! Work smarter, not harder! We have Scrip for Starbucks, Vons, Albertsons, Sam’s Club, Home Depot, Gardena Supermarket, and so much more!
RALPH’S AND FOOD 4 LESS COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM
Just a reminder that our school is a member of the Community Rewards Programs for both Ralphs and Food 4 Less stores. For the Ralphs & the Food 4 Less Programs, you can opt in for the Community Rewards Program using your Ralphs or Food 4 Less Club Card, by following the directions to the email sent recently by Ms. Grimaldo. Please note that there is a different enrollment code for each of these stores. It is very important that you register the cards as soon as possible prior to the next time you use them, or the school will not receive benefits. Then please have the cashier scan the card or enter your ALT ID every time you make a purchase at Ralphs or Food 4 Less and we will receive a small percentage of each sale! We invite any parents or guardians who shop at Food 4 Less or Ralphs, even occasionally, to consider enrolling as this is an easy way to benefit the school without it costing you anything extra. We thank you in advance for your participation and thoughtfulness!
St. Anthony – Pray for us