Dear Parents and Guardians,
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month. We will have activities to keep the safety of our children at the forefront of our minds. We celebrated Palm Sunday yesterday and this week is already Holy Week. Easter Break is from April 2-11. School will resume on Monday, April 12. This Thursday, April 1, is Holy Thursday. We will have grade level retreats and dismissal is at Noon on Thursday. Just a reminder that if you intend to travel out of state, out of country, or more than 120 miles from Gardena, that you let us know. When you return, we ask that you quarantine for 10 days or show us a negative test result upon your child’s return. Have a Happy Easter!
Thank you to our Interior Maintenance PLC for cleaning our school this past weekend. We appreciate all our volunteers! All future dates will be on Saturdays from 12-3pm. Please contact Claudia Guzman at cm.Guzman.email@example.com or Priscilla Ortiz at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We also need lunch yard duty volunteers on Mondays and Wednesdays. Please email email@example.com if you are available. You will need to be Virtus-trained and ADLA Fingerprinted. If you would like to help with recess or lunch yard duty please email me.
As mentioned last week, we are thrilled to announce the official WASC/WCEA accreditation dates for our school. The Visiting Committee will be welcomed onto our campus from October 19-21, 2021. Any crafty parents who are skilled at using the Cricut machine, please let us know! We want to personalize gifts for our WASC/WCEA Team to make them feel special.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2020-2021
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog, along with our SAP School app for the most current information.)
- Wednesday, March 31: Last day for Spelling Bee finalists to compete in April 14 Spelling Bee
- Thursday, April 1: Holy Thursday (retreats in grade levels, Noon Dismissal)
- Friday, April 2: Good Friday No School (beginning of Spring Break)
- Monday, April 5-Sunday April 11: Easter Break
- Monday, April 12: Class resumes
- Wednesday, April 14: Spelling Bee (1-3pm in the Hall, Zoom livestream to whole school)
- Monday, April 19: First Reconciliation at 6:30pm (2nd graders)
- Friday, April 23: Progress Reports go out
- Saturday, May 1: First Holy Communion Mass at 10:30am (2nd graders), 8th grade Graduation Photos (Keys Photography)
- Monday, May 3: STAR Window 3 begins/National Teacher Appreciation Week
- Wednesday, May 5: 3rd and Final Mandatory Zoom General Parent Meeting ($50 fine for non-participation, must attend the whole meeting)
- Friday, May 6: Scrip Money due today
- Monday, May 10: Student Gov. Campaigns begin
- Thursday, May 13: May Crowning led by 8th grade (culmination of Marian Consecration) Feast of Our Lady of Fatima
- Wednesday, May 19: Student Government Speeches and voting (Google Classroom/in-person)
- Monday, May 24: Last School Penance Service
- Wednesday May 26: New Parent Orientation (Zoom/Slide shows)
- Friday, May 28: Parent Service Hours Due and Service Hours on Gradelink cutoff date, Inauguration of New Student Government, Gradelink Blocked. End of 3rd trimester for 8th grade
- Monday, May 31: NO SCHOOL Memorial Day
- Thursday, June 3: Crossover Day
- Friday, June 11: 8th Grade Graduation at 10am in Church
- Monday, June 14: Kindergarten Promotion
- Thursday, June 17: Last Day of School, Summer break!
SERVICE HOUR OPPORTUNITIES
We have some upcoming opportunities to earn service hours. Parents who review our school online on Yelp, Google, AND greatschools.org will earn up to one service hour after you send me your screenshots of all 3 sites as proof.
One easy way to help you reach your $500 financial commitment is to purchase Scrip throughout the year. We accept credit cards in the office for your orders making it easier than ever! It’s basically buying gift cards to purchase things like groceries, gas, gifts, or things you need and want on a daily basis, but you can get fundraising credit for a portion of every gift card you buy! We have Scrip for Starbucks, Vons, Albertsons, Sam’s Club, Home Depot, Gardena Supermarket, and so much more.
AMAZON/OFFICE DEPOT/OFFICE MAX – GIVE BACK TO SCHOOLS (EASY FUNDRAISING YEAR ROUND)
St. Anthony of Padua School is a member of these 2 great programs. By simply shopping on smiles.Amazon.com and selecting to support St. Anthony of Padua parents can generate funds for our school. Our Office Depot/Office Max ID is: 70008388. This is another easy way to generate extra funds for our school. We invite all parents to participate by registering to support the school with every purchase you make, as this is an easy way to benefit the school without it costing you anything extra. Once the school hits $10, the school receives a certificate in that amount! We thank you in advance for your participation and thoughtfulness.
St. Anthony – Pray for us