Dear Students, Parents/Guardians,
Thank you all for celebrating Mother Mary’s birthday last week on 9/8! The students enjoyed cupcakes, in honor of our Blessed Mother’s Nativity.
Last Wednesday, we had our VIRTUAL BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT. Thanks for joining us! I hope you had a chance to learn the policies, procedures, and grading scales set forth by your child’s teachers. The slide show from our meeting on Zoom is posted online at our school website under News and Events, in case you wanted to revisit what was discussed. Your teachers have also recorded one session if you have multiple children or want to view your teacher’s meeting again. Chocolates for the Fall Fundraiser were picked up last week as well. If you haven’t gotten them yet, they are in the front office. PLC Lead meetings and Room Parent meetings will occur on Zoom and will be scheduled soon.
Today and tomorrow, we have a Gently Used Uniform Sale before and after school. Thank you to Patricia Dungo for coordinating this sale!
Pacific Toxicology is on campus today 9/13, and every Monday moving forward from 7:30-8:30am for COVID-testing. This is optional, but we ask that those students and staff who are unvaccinated get tested more often, at least once or twice a week. Please sign up for testing online using the link sent to you, on the Thursday before the Monday test date each week. You must sign up every Thursday, in advance. This is for students and staff only.
On 9/21, we will complete our first STAR testing window. Thanks for helping us monitor your child’s progress. You will receive your child’s first progress report and STAR testing results at Parent Teacher Conferences in October! Next Thursday, 9/23, is our Fall Picture day. Online payments are preferred. Any questions, please feel free to reach out and contact me at email@example.com.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2021-2022
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- August 17-September 21: STAR Window 1 (School-wide testing) Please make sure students sleep early and eat a good breakfast)
- Monday and Tuesday, September 13 and 14: Gently Used Uniform Sale on campus before and after school (parent volunteers needed) 7th and 8th grade Parent meetings on Zoom at 6pm (see email for links)
- Wednesday, September 22 and October 6: Trojan Drawings at St. Jude Statue (outside at morning assembly)
- Wednesday, September 15: Monica Harmon: Anti-Bullying and Cyberbullying All-School Assembly, 7th & 8th grade Parent Zoom meeting about DC trip if interested
- Wednesday, September 15: 7th & 8th grade Parent Zoom meeting about DC trip if interested
- Monday, September 20: Junior High Ocean Institute Field Trip
- Thursday, September 23: Fall Picture Day (All School Faculty and Staff Pictures, Attire: Formal Mass Uniforms)
- Monday, September 27: STUDENT FREE Day, Faculty preparation for WASC/WCEA Hybrid Visit 10/19-10/21
- Friday October 8: Fall Fundraiser final monies due to avoid late payments (monies due 10/4 to qualify for prizes)
- Monday October 4 – Friday October 8 : Parent Conference Week -Progress Reports and STAR results for Window 1 go out at Conferences
- Friday October 8: Student Free Day – Parent Conferences continue
- Monday October 11: No School – Student Free Day (Columbus Day)
- October 20: Futboleros Soccer Show (for all who sold 5 or more boxes by 10/4)
- Friday, October 29: Halloween – Trunk or Treat Noon Dismissal, Halloween activities TBD
- Monday, November 1: All Saints’ Day (all school saint dress up, process into church at 8am Mass)
- Tuesday, November 2, All Souls’ Day
- Friday, November 5, Blue Mass (for first responders)
- Saturday, November 6: Healing of the Family Tree Workshop in Church 10:30-4:30pm (SAVE THE DATE and register early!)
Effective communication is key, and I do my best to make myself available to meet with students, teachers and parents to ensure the proper educational and social development of your children. To efficiently do this, I ask that you EMAIL me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an in-person or Zoom meeting or I can schedule a time to call you. Please allow at least a 24- hour turnaround time for responses, excluding weekends and holidays..
INTERIOR MAINTENANCE PLC
If you are in need of service hours and can only work on the weekends, please consider joining our Interior Maintenance PLC. This group cleans the school on weekends from 12:30-3:30pm starting Saturday, 9/11. There is an opportunity to earn up to 39 hours of service with this PLC! Thank you to our leads, Claudia Guzman and Priscilla Ortiz. We appreciate you! If you cannot help clean, consider donating cleaning supplies and Home Depot gift cards to the school for this purpose. See email for link to Sign up Genius.
If any parents work at a company that offers matching funds to your child’s school (like Boeing, Wells Fargo, etc.) please do keep St. Anthony of Padua in mind. Thank you for your kind consideration! Every little bit helps and we are so grateful for your help.
RALPH’S AND FOOD 4 LESS COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM
Just a reminder that our school is a member of the Community Rewards Programs for both Ralphs and Food 4 Less stores. For the Ralphs & the Food 4 Less Programs, you can opt in for the Community Rewards Program using your Ralphs or Food 4 Less Club Card, by following the directions attached. Please note that there is a different enrollment code for each of these stores. It is very important that you register the cards as soon as possible prior to the next time you use them, or the school will not receive benefits. Then please have the cashier scan the card or enter your ALT ID every time you make a purchase at Ralphs or Food 4 Less and we will receive a small percentage of each sale! We invite any parents or guardians who shop at Food 4 Less or Ralphs, even occasionally, to consider enrolling as this is an easy way to benefit the school without it costing you anything extra. We thank you in advance for your participation!
EARN ONE SERVICE HOUR FROM HOME!
The Catholic Education Foundation (CEF) was recently given a $5 million dollar grant from an anonymous donor. It is to help boost enrollment in Catholic Schools. We need everyone’s help in Marketing this to our parish families. If anyone is in the Publicity and Marketing PLC, we would love to have you help us promote this by speaking after weekend Masses or talking to Religious Education Families in English or Spanish to promote our school and this wonderful opportunity.
St. Anthony of Padua – Pray for us