Dear Parents and Guardians,
Last week Wednesday was our All School Spelling Bee in the Hall. Congratulations to all our participants!
Here are our 2022 School wide Spelling Bee Winners:
- 1st Place ($100 cash prize): Jeffery Negrete
- 2nd Place ($50 cash prize): Ebenezer Gudeto
- 3rd Place ($25 cash prize): Gabrielle (Gabby) Waje
Today, our Junior High students will visit the LA Cathedral for a Field Trip. Msgr. Sal will lead the tour.
Yesterday was Palm Sunday and we are now into Holy Week. April 14 is Holy Thursday, and is our last day of school before the break, with a 12 noon dismissal. Grade level retreats will take place this Thursday. Just a reminder that Good Friday is on April 15, and there will be No School and no Fish Fry that day. Please see the bulletin for info about Holy Week and Easter services. It is the beginning of our Easter Break from April 15-April 24. Classes will resume on Monday, April 25. We are almost halfway through the 3rd trimester! Progress reports go home when we return from the break on April 26.
Our Interior Maintenance PLC cleaned this past Saturday (thank you!) and will be cleaning again on Saturday May 7 and May 21 from 12:30-3:30pm. If you are interested in helping please sign up on the Sign up Genius or just show up. You can earn up to 3 service hours each time you help. Please contact Claudia Guzman at cm.Guzman.firstname.lastname@example.org or Priscilla Ortiz at: email@example.com.
We continue with our All School Marian Consecration, which will culminate in one month on May 11, the same day as our May Crowning, led by the 8th graders.
Our school children are preparing for their First Holy Communion on Saturday, April 30. We pray for their preparation in receiving this Blessed Sacrament.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2021-2022
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog, along with our SAP School app for the most current information.)
- Monday, April 11: Junior High Field trip to Los Angeles Cathedral
- April 13: 7th grade fundraiser: Easter Gram Sale Deadline (delivery on April 14)
- April 14: Holy Thursday Noon Dismissal (grade level retreats)
- April 15: Good Friday NO SCHOOL, Easter Break begins
- April 15-24 Easter BreakFriday
- April 25: School Resumes
- April 25-29: 7th and 8th grade trip to Washington DC (Sr. Tho and Mrs. Navia chaperoning)
- April 26: Progress reports go home for the 3rd trimester
- April 30: First Holy Communion for school children (2nd graders)
- May 4: 3rd and Final Mandatory General Parent Meeting ($50 fine for non-participation, must attend the whole meeting)
- May 6: Scrip Money Due
- May 9: Student Government Campaigns Begin
- May 11: May Crowning led by 8th grade and last day of All School Marian Consecration
- May 12-13: Student Free Day (faculty and staff PDs and purging school, packing up classrooms for summer renovations) Parents and students needed to help for service hours
- May 18: Student Government Speeches and voting (Google Classroom)
- May 23: Last School Lenten Penance Service starting at 8:45 grades 2-5, 10:15-12 grades 6-8
- May 23-24: End of Year Gently Used Uniform Sale (donations can be brought to office, especially Kinder and 8th grade)
- May 26: New Parent Orientation (Zoom at 6:30pm) Slide show
- May 26: Vicki Marsha Uniform Sale on Campus in Rm 6 (New Uniform Sale)
- May 27: Parent Service Hours due, Service hours on Gradelink cutoff date, Inauguration of ew Student Government, Gradelink Blocked, end of 3rd trimester for 8th grade
- May 30: NO SCHOOL Memorial Day Holiday
- May 31: Crossover Day grades K-7 (summer projects and supply lists go home)
- Friday, June 10: 8th Grade Graduation in the Church, clean school for summer renovations
- June 13: Feast Day of St. Anthony of Padua (last full day)
- June 14-16: Noon Dismissal
- Wed, June 15: Kinder Promotion in the Hall
- Thursday, June 16: Last Day of School, Summer Break! (noon dismissal, end of year Staff Party off campus)
- Shea Family Charities Renovations June 20-Sept. 5, school resumes 9/5/22, year ends 6/23/23
It is imperative for parents of returning students to complete the Registration process ASAP. We are in open enrollment and if you have not registered, your child will be waitlisted. Should you have any questions, please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One easy way to help you reach your $500 financial commitment is to purchase Scrip throughout the year. We accept credit cards in the office for your orders making it easier than ever! It’s basically buying gift cards to purchase things like groceries, gas, gifts, or things you need and want on a daily basis, but you can get fundraising credit for a portion of every gift card you buy! Work smarter, not harder! We have Scrip for Starbucks, Vons, Albertsons, Sam’s Club, Home Depot, Gardena Supermarket, and so much more.
SCHOOL DONATIONS AND SERVICE HOURS THROUGH INTERIOR MAINTENANCE
For families looking to pay off their service hour commitment 10 per trimester (30 for the year), our school gives the option to buy Scrip/gift cards and donate them to SAP. We buy a lot of materials and supplies from Office Depot, Walmart/Sam’s Club, and Target for much needed supplies, so if you buy Scrip valued at $10/hour and donate it to the school to offset costs, we will credit your service hour account. (Next year our service hours will be worth $15/hr. to keep up with the minimum wage.) Parents who volunteer on Saturdays can earn service hours cleaning our school with the Interior Maintenance PLC. Please join the group. Thanks in advance! The next few Saturdays are May 7, and May 21.
RALPH’S AND FOOD 4 LESS COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM
Just a reminder that our school is a member of the Community Rewards Programs for both Ralphs and Food 4 Less stores. For the Ralphs & the Food 4 Less Programs, you can opt in for the Community Rewards Program using your Ralphs or Food 4 Less Club Card. Please note that there is a different enrollment code for each of these stores. It is very important that you register the cards as soon as possible prior to the next time you use them, or the school will not receive benefits. Then please have the cashier scan the card or enter your ALT ID every time you make a purchase at Ralphs or Food 4 Less and we will receive a small percentage of each sale! We invite any parents or guardians who shop at Food 4 Less or Ralphs, even occasionally, to consider enrolling as this is an easy way to benefit the school without it costing you anything extra. We thank you in advance for your participation and thoughtfulness!
AMAZON/OFFICE DEPOT/OFFICE MAX – GIVE BACK TO SCHOOLS (EASY FUNDRAISING YEAR ROUND)
St. Anthony of Padua School is a member of these 2 great programs. By simply shopping on smiles.Amazon.com and selecting to support St. Anthony of Padua parents can generate funds for our school.Our Office Depot/Office Max ID is: 70008388. This is another easy way to generate extra funds for our school. We invite all parents to participate by registering to support the school with every purchase you make, as this is an easy way to benefit the school without it costing you anything extra. Once the school hits $10, the school receives a certificate in that amount! We thank you in advance for your participation and thoughtfulness.
MAY 12-13 CLEAN UP DAYS
Shea Family Charities will be renovating our school over the summer from June 20-September 5. Our hope is to start school in person this fall, so the earliest we can begin is September 6. The new school year will start on 9/6 and end a week later on 6/23. Please note this. We typically start in mid-August, but that is not possible this year. Please help us clean up our garage and our classrooms on May 12-13. Our school will offer service hours to parents and students. Please reach out to the office or your teachers if you are able to volunteer. Due to Fiesta, those days are typically Student Free Days. This year we will be purging, cleaning, and organizing our classrooms for the renovations. We hope to have everything packed and put away by June 10. Thanks in advance for your help! We are in need of boxes. Everything in the K-8 classrooms, the learning lab, library, and garage must be packed.
GENTLY USED UNIFORM SALE MAY 23 and MAY 24
Ms. Patty Dungo is our PLC lead for the Gently Used Uniform Sale that will take place on 2 days in the mornings and afternoons on 5/23 and 5/24. If you can help, please choose a slot on the Sign up Genius.
St. Anthony of Padua – Pray for us