Dear Parents and Guardians,
Last week our Progress reports went home via email from your child’s teacher on Tuesday, April 26. Our School’s First Holy Communion took place this past Saturday, April 30. Congratulations to all our students who received the Real Presence of Jesus for the first time! Thank you, Ms. Gomez, for preparing our students so well.
Our Interior Maintenance PLC will have its last 2 cleaning days this Saturday, May 7 and on May 21 from 12:30-3:30pm. If you are interested in helping please sign up on the Sign up Genius or just show up. You can earn up to 3 service hours each time you help. Please contact Claudia Guzman at cm.Guzman.firstname.lastname@example.org or Priscilla Ortiz at: email@example.com. We continue with our All School Marian Consecration, which will culminate on May 11, the same day as our May Crowning, led by the 8th graders. There is NO SCHOOL for students May 12, 13, and 16. Please plan accordingly.
We welcome back our students and chaperones from the successful Washington, DC trip. We thank God for a safe and memorable trip!
Our 3rd and final mandatory General Parent Meeting is this Wednesday, May 4 on Zoom at 6:30pm. A link will be sent to you via email. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our New Parent Orientation is on May 26 on Zoom at 6:30pm. Vicki Marsha Uniform will be on campus that day from 3-5:30pm after school if anyone wants to purchase new uniforms for their children.
Muffins with Moms is after 8am Mass this Friday, May 6. Thank you and Happy Mothers’ Day to our amazing moms! We also pray for the final weeks of pregnancy for our PE teacher, Mrs. Monica Rubalcava. The family is expecting a baby boy in June and we pray for a safe delivery!
As we sprint toward the finish line in the last weeks of school, we keep a focus on academic excellence. If you would like a hard copy of the snapshot interim report, please email your child’s teacher. You will still also have access to grades via Gradelink this and next week.
Please vote for our school as BEST CATHOLIC SCHOOL and BEST PRIVATE SCHOOL for the Daily Breeze Readers’ Choice Awards by May 8! More info is below.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2021-2022
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog, along with our SAP School app for the most current information.)
- May 2-31: STAR Window 3
- May 2-6: National Teacher Appreciation Week!
- May 4: 3rd and Final Mandatory General Parent Meeting ($50 fine for non-participation, must attend the whole meeting)
- May 6: Muffins with Moms after 8am Mass, Scrip Money Due
- May 9: Student Government Campaigns Begin
- May 11: May Crowning led by 8th grade and last day of All School Marian Consecration
- May 12-13: Student Free Day (faculty and staff PDs and purging school, packing up classrooms for summer renovations) Parents and students needed to help for service hours
- May 16: Student Free Day Teacher PD (No School for students)
- May 18: Student Government Speeches and voting (Google Classroom)
- May 18: Morning assembly in Hall and then Frozen Jr. Preview K-8 from 8:30-10am
- May 23: Last School Lenten Penance Service starting at 8:45 grades 2-5, 10:15-12 grades 6-8
- May 23-24: End of Year Gently Used Uniform Sale led by Patty Dungo (clean donations can be brought to office, especially Kinder and 8th grade)
- May 26: New Parent Orientation (Zoom at 6:30pm)
- May 26: Vicki Marsha Uniform Sale on Campus in Rm 6 (New Uniform Sale) 3-5:30pm
- May 27: Parent Service Hours due, Service hours on Gradelink cutoff date, Inauguration of new Student Government, Gradelink Blocked, end of 3rd trimester for 8th grade
- May 30: NO SCHOOL Memorial Day Holiday
- May 31: Crossover Day grades K-7 (summer projects and supply lists go home) at 9am
- June 1: Classroom Musicals (K,2,4) 8:15am
- June 2: Classroom Musicals (1,3,5) 8:15am
- Friday, June 3: Frozen Jr. 7pm
- Saturday, June 4: Frozen Jr. 7pm
- Friday, June 10: 8th Grade Mass at 10am and Graduation Ceremony in the Church, clean school for summer renovations
- June 13: Feast Day of St. Anthony of Padua (last full day), Msgr. Sal’s 30 year ordination anniversary!
- June 14-16: Noon Dismissal
- Wed, June 15: Kinder Promotion in the Hall
- Thursday, June 16: Last Day of School, Summer Break! (noon dismissal, end of year Staff Party off campus)
- Shea Family Charities Renovations June 20-Sept. 5 (first day of school pending)
It is imperative for parents of returning students to complete the Registration process ASAP. We are in open enrollment and if you have not registered, your child will be waitlisted. Should you have any questions, please contact me via email at email@example.com.
One easy way to help you reach your $500 financial commitment is to purchase Scrip throughout the year. We accept credit cards in the office for your orders making it easier than ever! It’s basically buying gift cards to purchase things like groceries, gas, gifts, or things you need and want on a daily basis, but you can get fundraising credit for a portion of every gift card you buy! Work smarter, not harder! We have Scrip for Starbucks, Vons, Albertsons, Sam’s Club, Home Depot, Gardena Supermarket, and so much more.
SCHOOL DONATIONS AND SERVICE HOURS THROUGH INTERIOR MAINTENANCE
For families looking to pay off their service hour commitment 10 per trimester (30 for the year), our school gives the option to buy Scrip/gift cards and donate them to SAP. We buy a lot of materials and supplies from Office Depot, Walmart/Sam’s Club, and Target for much needed supplies, so if you buy Scrip valued at $10/hour and donate it to the school to offset costs, we will credit your service hour account. (Next year our service hours will be worth $15/hr. to keep up with the minimum wage.) Parents who volunteer on Saturdays can earn service hours cleaning our school with the Interior Maintenance PLC. Please join the group. Thanks in advance! The last 2 Saturdays are May 7 and May 21.
MAY 12-13 CLEAN UP DAYS
Shea Family Charities will be renovating our school over the summer from June 20-September 5. Our hope is to start school in person this fall, so the earliest we can begin is September 6. The new school year will start on 9/6/22 and end a week later on 6/23/22. Please note this. We typically start school in mid-August, but that is not possible this year. Please help us clean up our garage and our classrooms on May 12-13. Our school will offer service hours to parents and students. Please reach out to the office or your teachers if you are able to volunteer. Due to Fiesta, those days are typically Student Free Days. This year we will be purging, cleaning, and organizing our classrooms for the renovations. We hope to have everything packed and put away by June 10. Thanks in advance for your help! We are in need of boxes. Everything in the K-8 classrooms, the learning lab, library, and garage must be packed.
GENTLY USED UNIFORM SALE MAY 23 and MAY 24
Ms. Patty Dungo is our PLC lead for the Gently Used Uniform Sale that will take place on 2 days in the mornings and afternoons on 5/23 and 5/24. If you can help, please choose a slot on the Sign up Genius.
DAILY BREEZE VOTING ENDS MAY 8!
It’s that time again to vote for St. Anthony of Padua School as the BEST CATHOLIC and BEST PRIVATE SCHOOL in the South Bay. The Daily Breeze is hosting this contest and all entries and votes are due by May 8! Please ask all your friends and family (who supported you in the EFG Campaign) to vote for our school as well. They need at least 10 entries in total for their votes to count. The link is below. Please share it on social media and make sure to vote yourselves! Click on:
https://southbay.bestinvoting.com On the 3rd and 16th tab for Best Catholic School and Best Private Elementary School please write in: “St. Anthony of Padua School, Gardena“, Under the EDUCATION Category. Under the PLACES category, please vote for St. Anthony of Padua Church. Please vote for or write-in at least 10 things total your vote to count. You can always go back to vote for more if you can’t do it in one sitting. I encourage you to spread the word! Thanks in advance. St. Anthony of Padua – Pray for us