Dear Third Grade Families,
I pray that you are all doing well. Please read the information for next week.
Our last Chapter 9 test result was not good. We will be working again on fractions and have another short assessment next week. Students will still have to work on their test corrections to boost their grade up. Their math homework will be extra worksheet provided not from the practice book.
Our last project for reading is a novel study of the book “Lemonade War”. Students’ packet will be distributed next week and completed in class. Due date for this packet is on June 3rd. Vocabulary words will be from the novel as well. This will be our year-end party theme.
Study words with /oo/ in spoon and /oo/ in wood — Examples: cool, pool, stood, food, clue, youth, juicy, should, chew, tooth, smooth, blue
* Reader’s Notebook pp. 43-44
* Reader’s Notebook pp. 45-46
* Reader’s Notebook pp. 47-48
Some students were out and missed the testing. They will have to complete it next week.
* STAR Math – Tuesday
* STAR Reading – Thursday
Friday, May 20
* Religion Session 20 Assessment
* Word Study Spelling and Application Test
* Math Chapter 9 (Second Assessment)
* Lemonade War (Chapters 1-3) Assessment
* May 12-13 and 16: Student Free Days!
* May 30 – Memorial Day
* May 31 – Crossover Day
* June 3: ST Math and AR must be at 100%.
Thank you and God Bless!