Dear Parents and Guardians,
Today is a Student Free Day. Teachers will have a Professional Development Day and we will see the students back on campus tomorrow. We will have our Gently Used Uniform Sale today (5/16) and tomorrow (5/17).
Donuts with Dads Event is on 5/20, and we are looking for volunteers to help with that day as well with our Hospitality PLC. Our Interior Maintenance PLC will be cleaning on May 21, which is the last date for the year from 12:30-3:30pm. If you are interested in helping please sign up on the Sign up Genius or just show up. You can earn up to 3 service hours each time you help. Please contact Claudia Guzman at cm.Guzman.email@example.com or Priscilla Ortiz at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Last week we completed our All School Marian Consecration on Wed, May 11, the same day as our May Crowning, led beautifully by the 8th graders at 10:30 am in the Church.
Thank you to all who came out this past Thursday and Friday to help us purge and clean our school buildings that will be renovated. All classrooms and the learning lab, library, and garages must be completely empty by 6/16. Most things should be cleared out by June 10.
Our New Parent Orientation is on May 26 on Zoom at 6:30pm. Vicki Marsha Uniform will be on campus that day from 3-5:30pm after school if anyone wants to purchase new uniforms for their children.
Student Government campaigns continue this week and the speeches will be given this Wednesday and Thursday. Best of luck to all our students! We will have our Frozen Jr. Teaser for the whole school from 8:30-10am on Wednesday, 5/18. For all the families that qualified for the Magic of Rafael Show, it will be this Wednesday, 5/18 in the Hall from 11am-12 noon. Students who qualified for this prize from the Fall Fundraiser (sold 5 boxes or more) will be able to come to school in Free Dress on 5/18.
Thank you to Ms. Susie Diaz, and all those who helped volunteer for the Hygiene Care Package Drive this weekend to serve the homeless.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2021-2022
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog, along with our SAP School app for the most current information.)
- May 2-31: STAR Window 3
- May 16: Student Free Day Teacher PD (No School for students) Gently Used Uniform Sale
- May 16-17: End of Year Gently Used Uniform Sale led by Patty Dungo (clean donations can be brought to office, especially Kinder and 8th grade uniforms)
- May 18-19: Student Government Speeches and Voting
- May 18: Morning assembly in Hall and then Frozen Jr. Preview K-8 from 8:30-10am
- May 20: Donuts with Dads after Mass 9-9:45am
- May 23: Last School Lenten Penance Service starting at 8:45 grades 2-5, 10:15-12 grades 6-8
- May 26: New Parent Orientation (Zoom at 6:30pm)
- May 26: Vicki Marsha Uniform Sale on Campus in Rm 6 (New Uniform Sale) 3-5:30pm
- May 27: Parent Service Hours due, Service hours on Gradelink cutoff date, Inauguration of new Student Government, Gradelink Blocked, end of 3rd trimester for 8th grade
- May 30: NO SCHOOL Memorial Day Holiday
- May 31: Crossover Day grades K-7 (summer projects and supply lists go home) at 9am
- June 1: Classroom Musicals (K,2,4) 8:15am
- June 2: Classroom Musicals (1,3,5) 8:15am
- Friday, June 3: Frozen Jr. 7pm
- Saturday, June 4: Frozen Jr. 7pm
- June 7 and 9: Field trips for 6th and 7th grade
- Friday, June 10: 8th Grade Mass at 10am and Graduation Ceremony in the Church, clean school for summer renovations, Folklorico event in the Hall in the evening
- June 13: Feast Day of St. Anthony of Padua (last full day), Msgr. Sal’s 30 year ordination anniversary!
- June 14-16: Noon Dismissal
- Wed, June 15: Kinder Promotion in the Hall
- Thursday, June 16: Last Day of School, Summer Break! (noon dismissal, end of year Staff Party off campus)
- Shea Family Charities Renovations June 20-Sept. 5 (first day of school pending)
It is imperative for parents of returning students to complete the Registration process ASAP. We are in open enrollment and if you have not registered, your child will be waitlisted. Should you have any questions, please contact me via email at email@example.com. We try to cap our classes at 35 students, so please register before we close the registration for your child’s class.
One easy way to help you reach your $500 financial commitment is to purchase Scrip throughout the year. We accept credit cards in the office for your orders making it easier than ever! It’s basically buying gift cards to purchase things like groceries, gas, gifts, or things you need and want on a daily basis, but you can get fundraising credit for a portion of every gift card you buy! Work smarter, not harder! We have Scrip for Starbucks, Vons, Albertsons, Sam’s Club, Home Depot, Gardena Supermarket, and so much more.
SCHOOL DONATIONS AND SERVICE HOURS THROUGH INTERIOR MAINTENANCE
For families looking to pay off their service hour commitment 10 per trimester (30 for the year), our school gives the option to buy Scrip/gift cards and donate them to SAP. We buy a lot of materials and supplies from Office Depot, Walmart/Sam’s Club, and Target for much needed supplies, so if you buy Scrip valued at $10/hour and donate it to the school to offset costs, we will credit your service hour account. (Next year our service hours will be worth $15/hr. to keep up with the minimum wage.) Parents who volunteer on Saturdays can earn service hours cleaning our school with the Interior Maintenance PLC. Please join the group. Thanks in advance! The last 2 Saturdays are May 7 and May 21.
JUNE CLEAN UP DAYS
Shea Family Charities will be renovating our school over the summer from June 20-September 5. Our hope is to start school in person this fall, so the earliest we can begin is September 6 in person, unless they finish construction earlier. The new school year will start on 8/29/22 and end on 6/16/23. Please note this. We typically start school in mid-August, but that is not possible this year. We may need to start school online if the construction is not done. Kindergarten will start on 9/6. The first weeks of school will be Noon Dismissal. Please help us clean up our garage and our classrooms the first week of June when the 4 big storage bins will be on campus. Our school will offer service hours to parents and students from 1-4pm on those days. Please reach out to the office or your teachers if you are able to volunteer. We will be purging, cleaning, and organizing our classrooms for the renovations. We hope to have everything packed and put away by June 10. Thanks in advance for your help! Everything in the K-8 classrooms, the learning lab, library, and garage must be packed. We will send out more info shortly.
St. Anthony of Padua – Pray for us