Dear Parents and Guardians,
Today is our All School Penance Service at 8:45 am for Grades 2-8. We will have 3 priests present to hear Confessions.
Thanks to all who joined us for Donuts with Dads last Friday, and to Ms. Claudia Guzman and all the volunteers from the Hospitality PLC for making the event a huge success! I’d like to thank our Interior Maintenance PLC who cleaned our school on May 21. It was the last date for the year.
As you know, our renovations for the school begin June 20-September 5, (we will hopefully finish earlier, but we ask for your patience), since our first week of school is scheduled for 8/29 (for grades 1-8). Please note that 11 classrooms and the learning lab, library, and garages must be completely empty by June 16. Most things should be cleared out by June 10. We will need volunteers to help us start moving big furniture and desks and chairs into 4 big storage bins that will be on campus starting Monday, June 13. We will need volunteers June 14-15 from 1-4pm. Please email me if you are interested in helping. More info to come.
Our New Parent Orientation is this Thursday, May 26 on Zoom at 6:30pm. Vicki Marsha Uniform will be on campus that day from 3-5:30pm after school in Rm 6 if anyone wants to purchase new uniforms for their children. Thank you to Patty Dungo and our volunteers for helping with the Gently Used Uniform Sale last week!
You are all invited to a night of praise and worship with the Blessed Sacrament on FRIDAY MAY 27 from 7-9pm as we prepare for the feast of Pentecost. This event will start on Day 1 of the Pentecost Novena and will include a rosary for the deacons to be ordained to the priesthood. The novena will continue on Zoom in the days following. Please join us in prayer for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon our Church!
Student Government campaigns finished last week. The results were announced Friday afternoon. Congratulations to all our student leaders! You all made us so proud. Thank you to Sr. Tho for her work as Student Government moderator.
Next Monday is NO SCHOOL, in honor of Memorial Day. Next Tuesday 5/31 is Crossover Day at 9am. We look forward to all our Classroom Musicals and the Theater group’s production of Frozen Jr. next week, led by Mrs. Garcia.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2021-2022
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog, along with our SAP School app for the most current information.)
- May 2-31: STAR Window 3
- May 23: Last School Lenten Penance Service starting at 8:45 grades 2-5, 10:15-12 grades 6-8
- May 26: New Parent Orientation (Zoom at 6:30pm)
- May 26: Vicki Marsha Uniform Sale on Campus in Rm 6 (New Uniform Sale) 3-5:30pm
- May 27: 8am All School Mass: all families are invited
- May 27: Parent Service Hours due, Service hours on Gradelink cutoff date, Inauguration of new Student Government, Gradelink Blocked, end of 3rd trimester for 8th grade
- May 30: NO SCHOOL Memorial Day Holiday
- May 31: Crossover Day grades K-7 (summer projects and supply lists go home) at 9am
- June 1: Classroom Musicals (K,2,4) 8:15am
- June 2: Classroom Musicals (1,3,5) 8:15am
- Friday, June 3: Frozen Jr. 7pm
- Saturday, June 4: Frozen Jr. 7pm
- June 5: 8th grade graduates attend 11am Family Mass in Caps and Gowns and process down aisle for a special blessing
- June 6: Mas Fukai Park field trip for Kindergarten
- June 7 and 9: Field trips for 6th and 7th grade
- Friday, June 10: 8th Grade Mass at 10am and Graduation Ceremony in the Church, clean school for summer renovations, Folklorico event in the Hall in the evening
- June 13: Feast Day of St. Anthony of Padua (last full day), Msgr. Sal’s 30 year ordination anniversary! LARGE STORAGE BINS arrive on campus June 13
- June 14-15: Volunteers Needed to Pack 4 large Storage Bins for the renovation from 1-4pm
- June 14-16: Noon Dismissal
- Wed, June 15: Kinder Promotion in the Hall
- Thursday, June 16: Last Day of School, Summer Break! (noon dismissal, end of year Staff Party off campus)
- Shea Family Charities Renovations June 20-Sept. 5 (School Campus closed)
One easy way to help you reach your $500 financial commitment is to purchase Scrip throughout the year. We accept credit cards in the office for your orders making it easier than ever! It’s basically buying gift cards to purchase things like groceries, gas, gifts, or things you need and want on a daily basis, but you can get fundraising credit for a portion of every gift card you buy! Work smarter, not harder! We have Scrip for Starbucks, Vons, Albertsons, Sam’s Club, Home Depot, Gardena Supermarket, and so much more.
SCHOOL DONATIONS AND SERVICE HOURS
For families looking to pay off their service hour commitment 10 per trimester (30 for the year), our school gives the option to buy Scrip/gift cards and donate them to SAP. We buy a lot of materials and supplies from Office Depot, Walmart/Sam’s Club, and Target for much needed supplies, so if you buy Scrip valued at $10/hour and donate it to the school to offset costs, we will credit your service hour account. (Next year our service hours will be worth $15/hr. to keep up with the minimum wage.)
JUNE CLEAN UP DAYS
Shea Family Charities will be renovating our school over the summer from June 20-September 5. The new school year will start on 8/29/22 for students in Grades 1-8. Kinder starts on 9/6. Please note this. We typically start school in mid-August, but that is not possible this year. We may need to start school online if the construction is not done. The first weeks of school will be Noon Dismissal. Please help us clean up our garage and our classrooms from June 14-15 when the 4 big storage bins will be on campus. Our school will offer service hours to parents and students from 1-4pm on those days. Please reach out to the office or your teachers if you are able to volunteer. We will be purging, cleaning, and organizing our classrooms for the renovations. We hope to have everything packed and put away by June 10. Thanks in advance for your help! Everything in the K-8 classrooms, the learning lab, library, and garage must be packed.
St. Anthony of Padua – Pray for us