Dear Parents and Guardians,
I hope you all enjoyed your 3-day Weekend. Happy Memorial Day! Tomorrow, 5/31, is Crossover Day at 9am. Students will receive their summer packets and supply list for next year. Remember that all students need iPads or Chromebooks next year. K-2 uses the Seesaw Platform and Grades 3-8 use Google Classroom. All junior high students are asked to use Chromebooks next year.
We look forward to all our Classroom Musicals and the Theater group’s production of Frozen Jr. this week, led by Mrs. Garcia. If you haven’t bought tickets yet, please do so as they are selling out fast! It’s $8 presale, $10 at the door, $20 for premium seats and tickets. After school there will be a shaved ice truck and Nana’s Taco Cart selling food and dessert items from 4-7pm. Please bring cash for your purchases. Exact change is always appreciated. Show starts at 7pm on Friday, June 3 and Saturday, June 4!
We are excited for our renovations for the school, which begin June 20 and could continue to September 5, (God willing, the contractors will finish earlier, but we ask for your patience, understanding and flexibility),. Our first day of school is scheduled for 8/29 (for grades 1-8 with noon dismissal all week). Please note that 11 classrooms and the learning lab, library, and garages must be completely empty by June 16. Most things should be cleared out by June 10. We will need volunteers to help us start moving big furniture and desks and chairs into 4 big storage bins that will be on campus starting Tuesday, June 14 to Wednesdsay June 15 from 1-4pm. These bins will be in front of the K-2 classrooms by the playground, so please be prepared for this. Volunteers over 18 please sign up to help on June 14-15 from 1-4pm to load furniture and boxes into these bins. Please email me if you are interested in helping. Thanks in advance!
Our Student Government Inauguration/Installation of New Officers will take place this Friday, 6/3 after 8am All School Mass. Congratulations to all our student leaders!
STAR Testing for Window 3 will be completed by tomorrow, May 31.
Please keep the Rubalcava Family in your prayers. Mrs. Rubalcava gave birth to her beautiful baby boy, Joshua Ricardo, on May 28! Congratulations! Last Friday, May 27, Parent Service Hours were due, Gradelink will be blocked on 5/31, as last week was the end of 3rd trimester for 8th grade. The 8th grade graduation and Kinder Promotion are just around the corner!
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2021-2022
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog, along with our SAP School app for the most current information.)
- May 2-31: STAR Window 3
- May 30: NO SCHOOL Memorial Day Holiday
- May 31: Crossover Day grades K-7 (summer projects and supply lists go home) at 9am
- June 1: Classroom Musicals (K,2,4) 8:30am
- June 2: Classroom Musicals (1,3,5) 8:30am
- Friday, June 3: Frozen Jr. 7pm
- Saturday, June 4: Frozen Jr. 7pm
- June 5: 8th grade graduates attend 11am Family Mass in Caps and Gowns and process down aisle for a special blessing
- June 6: Mas Fukai Park field trip for Kindergarten
- June 7 and 9: Field trips for 6th and 7th grade
- Friday, June 10: 8th Grade Mass at 10am and Graduation Ceremony in the Church, clean school for summer renovations, Folklorico event in the Hall in the evening
- June 13: Feast Day of St. Anthony of Padua (last full day), Msgr. Sal’s 30 year ordination anniversary! LARGE STORAGE BINS arrive on campus June 13
- June 14-15: Volunteers Needed to Pack 4 large Storage Bins for the renovation from 1-4pm
- June 14-16: Noon Dismissal
- Wed, June 15: Kinder Promotion in the Hall
- Thursday, June 16: Last Day of School, Summer Break! (noon dismissal, end of year Staff Party off campus) 3rd Trimester Mass and Awards Ceremony (report cards go home)
- Shea Family Charities Renovations June 20-Sept. 5 (School Campus closed, No Summer School)
JUNE 14-15 PACKING DAYS (INTO STORAGE BINS) 1-4pm
Shea Family Charities will be renovating our school over the summer from June 20-September 5. The new school year will start on 8/29/22 for students in Grades 1-8. Kinder starts on 9/6. Please note this. We typically start school in mid-August, but that is not possible this year. We may need to start school online if the construction is not done. The first weeks of school will be Noon Dismissal. Please help us clean up our garage and our classrooms from June 14-15 and pack everything away, when the 4 big storage bins will be on campus starting June 13 from 7-8am. Our school will offer service hours to parents and students from 1-4pm on those days. Please reach out to the office or your teachers if you are able to volunteer. We will be purging, cleaning, and organizing our classrooms for the renovations. We hope to have everything packed and put away by June 10, but June 16 at the latest. Thanks in advance for your help! Everything in the K-8 classrooms, the learning lab, library, and garage must be packed up completely. All windows will be replaced.
St. Anthony of Padua – Pray for us