Dear Parent(s) / Guardian(s):
On behalf of the 2016-2017 Jog-a-thon (JAT) team, we would like to thank and congratulate all the student winners, sponsors/donors, families, St. Anthony School faculty & staff, and volunteers for making the 2017 Jog-a-thon a huge success! It was so much fun to see those who participated, laughing, running, walking, and/or skipping, all to raise money for our school’s new state-of-the art science laboratory! The JAT team was amazed by the amount of generosity our families & supporters donated, and are most appreciative for their support in helping us reach our $10K goal!
A special thank you to Mrs. Grey, the teachers & staff, Ms. Grimaldo & Mr. Aguilar, in the front office, Mr. Flores, and the many “red shirt” parent volunteers who dedicated their time, for without them, we would not have been able to support & execute such an event – Veronica & Neelam Patel, Pernil Mallari, Maritza Torres, Ana Ramirez, Mariela Iraheta, Rubylyn & Roel Bermejo, Maria Asidor, Liza & Lito Guerrero, Liz Martinez, Fabiola Gonzalez, Arlene Barrios, Gabriel Bautista, Brisa Beltran, Carousel Castillo, Eva Asante, Maria Castro & Jeanette, and Patricia (S. Lopez – K).
Without the hard work and support by so many, it would not have been the incredible success it was! From the love of St. Anthony of Padua School, THANK YOU!
Your 2016-2017 JAT Team,
Leah Nakayama, Geneva Varquez & Burline Anguiano
Click here to view/print the entire letter from the JAT Team with the names of level winners, participating students, and top runners per class.
Event Date: Thursday, February 16, 2017
- Family Information – Click here to view/print a PDF of the 2017 Jog-a-thon Family Information
- Jog-a-thon Pledge Sheet – Click here to view/print a PDF of the Jog-a-thon Pledge Sheet
- Guide to Making Donations Online – Click here to view/print a PDF of the letter to parents and guardians on making donations online
We’re pleased to announce the return of the St. Anthony of Padua Jog-a-thon. Funds raised will go towards continued enrichment of our student learning in Science Technology Engineering & Math (STEM) through the addition of a new Science Laboratory.
Our GOAL is $10,000…$100 per family is encouraged
Early Bird Award (January 9, 2017) – Submit $100 in pledges to qualify for a Yogurtland or In & Out certificate. Student will also be entered into a special drawing for a $50 Gift Card on February 27th. Winner will get to choose from a list of gift card vendors. No money is due until after the Jog-a-thon.
Trojan Award (February 13, 2017) – All pledge sheets due by 9:00 am. Popcorn and/or cotton candy will be awarded. No money is due until after the Jog-a-thon.
Jog-a-thon (February 16, 2017) – Event day; Pledge sheets will be returned to the student after the event to collect pledge money. Most laps completed by top girl and boy in each group below will be awarded.
Money & pledge sheets due Friday, February 24, 2017 to qualify for top student in pledges and top class.
Awards Assembly Monday, February 27, 2017 – Prizes for Top two (2) classes (+ prize for teacher) and Top student in pledges announced at morning assembly
- Top class will receive a pizza party + $50 gift card for teacher
- 2nd place class will receive an ice cream party + $25 gift card for teacher
- Top student in pledge money collected will receive a $100 Gift Card from vendors to choose from
Schedule of Event (30 minutes per group):
- Group 1 8:15 – 8:45am – Kindergarten – girls = white*, boys= blue*
- Group 2 8:55 – 9:25am – Grades 1st (white*) and 2nd (blue*)
- Group 3 9:35 – 10:05am – Grades 3rd (white*) and 4th (blue*)
- Group 4 10:15 – 10:45am – Grades 5th (white*) and 6th (blue*)
- Group 5 10:55 – 11:25am – Grades 7th (white*) and 8th (blue*)
*Color indicates starting point
- Berendo Ave. Gate will be closed for morning drop-off. Both Gates on 161st Street will be opened. Enter through gate closest to the Convent and Exit through the gate closest to the soccer field. Limited spots for parking will be available.
- PE Uniform and student participation is required and will account for a portion of their PE grade for the week
- Cups of water will be available for participants.
- Additional concessions will be available for purchase.
Interested in earning 6 volunteer hours? Seeking 36 parent volunteers. (1 hour earned) A mandatory event orientation on Wednesday, January 25th at 7:45 pm (*Note time change) in Room 16 is required and job assignments will be given. (5 hours earned) 7:30 am – 12:30 pm Event Day. Parking will be reserved for volunteers on event day. Contact Leah Nakayama at firstname.lastname@example.org or Geneva Varquez at email@example.com by Monday, January 23rd to confirm attendance.
To make an online donation to the Jog-a-thon, please click on the Donate button below. It will take you to the school’s private PayPal page where you can make a safe and secure online payment using a bank account, debit, and/or credit card. On the PayPal page you will see a link to “Add special instructions to the seller”. Please click on the link and provide the following information so that we can properly credit the donation: (1) Indicate “2017 Jog-a-thon” and, if this is a donation from a school family, (2) Name of student, (3) Student grade
When using a PayPal account linked to a bank account, the school will NOT incur transaction fees.
Thank you for your donation!