Dear Parents and Guardians,
Congratulations to all our school children who received their First Holy Communion this past Saturday. Special thanks to Ms. Hanmer and Sr. Tina Dinh for preparing our students this year for these special sacraments.
On Saturday, 5/13, we celebrated the Feast of Our Lady of Fatima. On Sunday, we celebrated all our moms on Mothers’ Day. Thank you to all the families, especially the fathers who helped serve our school mothers last Friday, May 12, at Muffins with Moms. Please note that Fiesta set up is well under way. We will have a rainy day schedule this whole week, meaning the students will stay indoors all day, to ensure safety. We have school only 3 days this week: Monday, Tuesday, and Wed. Dismissal is at 12 noon all 3 days. Daycare is only until 3pm on 5/15 and 5/16. There is NO DAYCARE offered after 12 noon on Wed, 5/17. School will be out due to the Fiesta until Tuesday, 5/23, when normal classes and regular schedules resume.
An email blast will be sent home this week to let parents know about the details regarding Fiesta 3-day unlimited ride wristbands, which Fr. George so graciously provided for our school families this year. Father only had a limited amount available, so he allowed us to give these sought-after wristbands (worth $100 each) only to those students who earned Citizenship in grades K-2 for 2 trimesters in a row. For students in grades 3-8, they had to have earned Honor Roll for 2 trimesters in a row, with the assumption that students who got good grades also earned Citizenship. This coveted award most certainly precluded students who had gotten referrals or suspensions within the first 2 trimesters, as those are more serious disciplinary actions. The same rules applied last year, and we remained fair and consistent to all students by adhering to this same policy this year. There is no guarantee we will get this privilege every year, so we are grateful to Fr. George and the ride company for this kind gesture. Rules for pickup of wristbands are specific and will be sent out via email. Students must be present with parents to get the wristband affixed to their hand ONLY on Friday, 5/19, from 5-9 pm at the rectory, not the school office. More info will be given in the email blast.
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2016 – 2017 www.stanthonygardena.org
- May 15-17– Noon Dismissal all three days for Fiesta set up. Daycare till 3pm May 15-16, NO DAYCARE May 17
- May 17-22 – NO CHILDCARE DUE TO FIESTA (includes set up and clean up days)
- May 19-21 – Parish Fiesta, each family must serve 8 hours
- May 22 – NO SCHOOL due to Fiesta Clean Up
- May 23 – BACK TO SCHOOL AFTER FIESTA! 4th Grade Field Trip to Science Center
- May 29 – Memorial Day Holiday NO SCHOOL
- May 26 and June 2 – Beauty and the Beast in the Hall 6-8pm, buy tickets early!
- May 30 – New Parent Orientation in the Hall 6:30-8 (Vicki Marsha Road Show)
- May 31 – Small Class Musical Shows after morning assembly: Grades 1, 3, 4
- June 1 – Small Class Musical Shows after morning assembly: Grades K, 2, 5
- June 5 – 8th grade retreat at the Old Church
- June 3 – Arts Alive 10th Annual Awards Recital hosted by First Lutheran School
- June 6 – K-1 Field Trip to Aquarium in Cabrillo
- June 8 – 8th grade Dance 7-10pm, Noon Dismissal for 8th grade ONLY
- June 9 – 8am Baccalaureate Mass, followed by 8th grade Graduation Ceremony at 9am in Church
- June 16 – Last day of school, Early Dismissal after Mass and 3rd Trimester awards Ceremony
SUMMER CAMP 7/5-7/28 (DEADLINE TO SIGN UP IS MONDAY, 5/15)
If you are interested in signing up your child from July 5-28 for Summer Camp from 8-3, M-F, email Mrs. Navia at email@example.com. Childcare will be available for a daily fee of $8/day per child from 3-5:30pm. We have room for 30 students. First come, first serve! If there are not at least 30 students who sign up this Monday, May 15, it may be canceled all together. Don’t delay!
PARISH FIESTA! MAY 19-21
Fiesta Ride Tickets are on sale in the School Office – Pre-sale ride tickets are available for purchase in the office. 1 sheet of 10 tickets is $20. This is a big saving, as you only need 1 ticket per ride if you use these pre-sale tickets. Part of tuition contract is 8 hours of service at the Fiesta each year. During re-registration you should have been assigned a booth to help out in. If you’re unsure of where you’re assigned, please contact Patty Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for bringing in your Fiesta donations this and next week. 1-3 day Wristbands are also available for purchase now.
FIESTA VERIFICATION FORMS
Please note that these Fiesta verification forms MUST be signed by a chair upon completion of your hours at Fiesta. They must be submitted to the office to avoid any fines. More copies can be found at the school booth on Fiesta weekend as well (May 19-21).
If you know of any wonderful families who want to attend our school, please let us know. Qualify to get some great referral incentives! Be sure to ask us how you can earn up to $150 in Scrip from the stores of your choice, for each family you recommend, who remains in good standing.
YEARBOOK SALES $35
Yearbooks are still on sale for $35. Please make checks payable to St. Anthony of Padua Catholic School.
SERVICE HOUR OPPORTUNITIES
Our Maintenance/Beautification committee will help (after Fiesta week on Sundays from 8-3) to install more A/C units in classrooms. If you need to fulfill service hours, please contact Pattie Padilla to sign up and help finish these important school wide projects that benefit all our children!
St. Anthony – Pray for us