June 7th is the last day of the basketball program and we decided to have this “Skills and Shooting Challenge”. The participants know about this and we did practice sessions for this. I am inviting Varsity Players who wants to try it and if other students are interested I just need their parent’s permission and if they want, they can join the program next year. This is also a way to promote the program.
Who can play? Players in the Basketball Program and Varsity Players this school year (I will let interested students play as long as their parents talk to me and they have permissions and sign up before the competition starts.)
- 2:00 pm – awarding of the jerseys
- 2:15 -2:30 – warm up and practice for the SKILLS CHALLENGE
- 2:30 – start of the competition (K-3rd then 4th-8th)
- 3:30 – start of the SHOOTING CHALLENGE (K-2nd) (3rd) (4th-6th) (7th-8th)
- 5:00 pm – end of the Challenge
The court will have obstacle course (cones) that the player needs to go through using dribbling skills and they need to make 2 lay-ups (only 1 lay-up for K-2nd). This will be a timed challenge and the shortest time wins.
The player needs to shoot the basketball as much as he/she can within 60 secs. Points varies depending on the distance from the goal. The player who scores the most wins.
- within the PAINT = 1 pt
- outside the PAINT = 2 pts
- free throw line = 3 pts
- behind the 3pt line = 5 pts
That is basically it. The winners will receive their medals on SPORTS DAY!