Dear Parents and Guardians,
Yesterday was Daylight Savings, so hopefully you have all adjusted your clocks to SPRING FORWARD! This Friday, 3/16, is our 2nd Trimester Mass and Awards Ceremony in the church after 8am Mass. All families are welcomed to attend! Report cards will go home that day.
Our Barnes and Noble Book Fair is right after school (1:30 dismissal) on Wednesday 3/14/18, and we encourage all parents to buy Barnes and Noble Scrip in the office. Your percentage return will be credited to your fundraising account. You can then use those gift cards to make purchases at our B&N fundraiser at Del Amo Mall in Torrance. For every eligible item that is purchased online at Barnes & Noble on behalf of St. Anthony of Padua, Barnes & Noble contributes up to 12% of the purchase price to our school. More details are included on the website.
You can also purchase online at http://www.bn.com from Wed, March 14-March 19, 2018. B&N offers books, music, DVDs, educational toys and games, gift products, and so much more. Please consider visiting the Barnes & Noble website and making a purchase on your child’s behalf, and spread the word to friends and family! Click on the link below to start shopping, and please ensure you enter our school’s bookfair ID listed below on the payment page to ensure we receive credit. Thanks for your help! http://www.bn.com Bookfair ID: #12299368
A portion of the proceeds go back to our school for our teachers and our library! We are also excited that Barnes and Noble agreed to let a portion of all café proceeds to come back to our school as well. Cheesecake Factory cheesecakes were pre-sold for $40 each and students who purchased cheesecakes will get a free dress pass. Up to $10 a cheesecake will be returned to our school! We hope you plan to attend the book fair in person, or make purchases online, using our School Book Fair ID: #12299368. You can also plan to have a snack AND dinner there, as the store closes at 11pm! Enjoy student performances and teacher read alouds. See you there!
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2017 – 2018
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- March 12 – Kinder, 1st, 2nd, and 7th grade field trip to the Zoo (chaperones must be ADLA fingerprinted and Virtus trained)
- March 12 – School’s First Reconciliation at 6pm in Church
- March 13 – Principal Deanery Meeting hosted at our School, lunch outside on benches
- March 14 –Barnes and Noble Book Fair Fundraiser at Del Amo Mall, normal 1:30pm dismissal
- March 15– Green and Jeans Day for St. Patrick’s Day
- March 16 – 2nd Trimester Mass and Awards Ceremony in church, FAMILIES ARE WELCOMED! Report cards go home today
- March 19 – School Penance Service at 8:45am, grades 2-8th grade in church, all families welcome
- March 22 – Spring Picture Day: Harvey Keys (Free Dress only for those purchasing pictures)
- March 19-26 – Parish Mission in the Hall, Daughter of St. Paul to present
- March 23– NO SCHOOL OR DAYCARE for STUDENTS for Professional Development Days for Teachers (last one on 4/20: mark your calendars!)
- March 29 – Holy Thursday noon dismissal, no daycare
- March 30-April 8 – EASTER BREAK! Return 4/9/18
- April 11 – Spelling Bee, 8-10am in Hall
- April 14 – Goodwill Drive Fundraiser (please start saving your donations and turn them into the school!)
- April 16-19 – 8th grade pilgrimage and retreat
- May 2–Final Mandatory General Parent Meeting ($50 fine for non-attendance)
- May 26 – School’s First Communion 12-2pm (Picture taking 10am in Hall)
- May 29– New Parent Orientation in the Hall 6:30-8 (Vicki Marsha in Rm 6, buy Scrip early!
- June 1-2 – Theater: Singin’ in the Rain performances in the Hall, get your presale tickets from Mrs. Garcia!
PARISH STATIONS OF THE CROSS/FISH FRY
Stations of the Cross are every Friday at 6pm in the church during Lent. Get your presale tickets in the office for Fish Fry in the Hall each Friday of Lent. Thank you!
HARD COVER YEARBOOK $40 each
Yearbooks are $40 each. Reserve your hardcover Yearbook now by sending a check made payable to St. Anthony of Padua School with an order form. Any questions, contact Ms. Fraser at email@example.com
GOODWILL DRIVE 4/14
Bring in your donations early to the school or join us for our drive on Saturday, 4/14.
DAILY BREEZE VOTES FOR ST. ANTHONY! (BALLOT DUE BY 4/30)
Stay tuned for info to vote our school for the “Best Private School in the South Bay” in the Daily Breeze! We hope to earn BEST PRIVATE SCHOOL for this year!
St. Anthony – Pray for Us