Dear Parents and Guardians,
I hope you all had a blessed Easter break with your families. Jesus is truly Risen! We have MANY fun and exciting events coming up, now that spring is in full swing–including our school’s First Communion, the Parish Fiesta, Spring Musicals and of course – graduation. Before the break, we had our whole school Holy Week Lenten retreat and ended it with the “Stations of the Cross” led by Mr. De Loera and our 8th graders. This solemn remembrance is always a striking way to enter into the Easter Triduum and prepare for all of us to spiritually experience the joyful resurrection of Christ on Easter Sunday. Thank you to all for your participation!
Coming up this week, our whole school Spelling Bee is will take place in the Hall on Wed, 4/11 from 8am-10am. Please join us! Our Goodwill Donation Drive is this Saturday, 4/14. All proceeds will go towards school beautification projects and the Jr. High Instrumental program. Please continue to bring in your gently used items.
We also wish our 8th graders the best on their Retreat and Pilgrimage next week from April 16-19. May they have a holy, memorable experience, and return home safely! Next Friday, 4/20 is NO SCHOOL and NO DAYCARE, as our teachers have a Professional Development Day scheduled.
As we sprint toward the finish line in the last weeks of school, I want to remind you of our 3rd and final mandatory General Parent Meeting on May 2 in the HALL.
Our Parish Fiesta is coming up and the ride setup begins May 12. That means May 14-16 will be 12 NOON dismissals to ensure student safety. Teachers will do a “rainy day schedule” to keep kids indoors. Daycare will be available May 14 and 15 until 3pm ONLY and there will be NO DAYCARE on May 16. The Fiesta is May 18-20. School resumes on Tuesday, May 22, because Fiesta Cleanup is Monday, May 21. Mark your calendars!
May 29 is our New Parent Orientation for families entering the school. Vicki Marsha Uniform will be on campus that day as well, for parents who want to buy new uniforms for next year. We have lots of important announcements that we will be making, and want to keep all of you parents informed, as we prepare for the 2018-2019 school year, and close out this year.
The Small Class Musicals are on May 30-31. Our Theater group’s “Singin’ in the Rain” show dates are June 1 and June 2 from 6-8pm. Tickets are on sale through Mrs. Garcia. I hope all families join us for these exciting performances!
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2017 – 2018
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- April 10 – Kinder Field Trip to Aquarium of the Pacific
- April 11 – Spelling Bee, 8-10am in Hall
- April 14 – Goodwill Drive Fundraiser (please start saving your donations and turn them into the school!)
- April 16-19 – 8th grade pilgrimage and retreat
- April 20 – NO SCHOOL OR DAYCARE for STUDENTS for Professional Development Day for Teachers
- May 2– 3rd and Final Mandatory General Parent Meeting ($50 fine for non-attendance)
- May 14-16 – Noon Dismissal all 3 days, due to Fiesta Set up (Daycare till 3pm 5/14-5/15, NO DAYCARE OFFERED on 5/16)
- May 17 – NO SCHOOL due to Fiesta Set up
- May 18-20 – Parish Fiesta (8 mandatory Fiesta hours per family)
- May 21 – NO SCHOOL Due to Fiesta Clean up
- May 26 – School’s First Communion 12-2pm, led by Sr. Tina Dinh (Picture taking 10am in Hall)
- May 29– New Parent Orientation in the Hall 6:30-8 (Vicki Marsha in Rm 6, buy Scrip early!
- May 30 – Small Class Musical Shows at 8:15am in Hall, grades K, 2, and 4
- May 31 – Small Class Musical Shows at 8:15am in Hall, grades 1, 3, and 5
- June 1-2 – Theater: Singin’ in the Rain performances in the Hall, get your presale tickets from Mrs. Garcia!
- June 5 – Kinder and 4th grade Field trip to Aquarium in Cabrillo
HARD COVER YEARBOOK $40 each
Yearbooks are $40 each. Reserve your hardcover Yearbook now by sending a check made payable to St. Anthony of Padua School with an order form. Any questions, contact Ms. Fraser at email@example.com
DAILY BREEZE AWARD: VOTE FOR ST. ANTHONY OF PADUA SCHOOL! (VOTING ENDS 4/29)
Please visit www.dailybreeze.com and click on: “2018 South Bay’s Best: VOTE NOW!” at the top right. Spread the word and encourage all friends, families and neighbors to vote for St. Anthony of Padua School as the “BEST PRIVATE SCHOOL IN THE SOUTH BAY” under the PLACES category! Be sure to ask everyone you know to vote at least 10 things! You have to check your email right after you submit your votes and validate your address by clicking on the link from “Readers Choice Daily Breeze” for your vote to count. Let’s show the entire South Bay what WE already know: That St. Anthony of Padua IS the Best Private School in the South Bay!
The Parish Filipino Group is looking for volunteers to help wrap egg rolls and cook adobo for our Parish Fiesta. See insert for more info to earn service hours for your family. Thank you!
FIESTA RAFFLE TICKETS 5/18-5/20 (not mandatory to purchase)
All Families are welcomed to purchase Fiesta Raffle tickets to win big prizes! Please note that purchases of these Parish Fiesta Raffle tickets are optional only and DO NOT COUNT towards our school $500 fundraising fee per family. We do thank you for your support!
St. Anthony – Pray for Us