- Fingerprinting Schedule and Locations: Click here to go to the Archdiocese of Los Angeles website for the latest information.
- Live Scan Service Request Form: Click here to view/print the form.
- VIRTUS Overview: Click here to go to the Archdiocese of Los Angeles website for an overview of adult programs.
- VIRTUS Training Class Schedule: Click here for the latest schedule and to register. From the dropdown list, select the San Pedro Region for a location near the school (see image below).
- VIRTUS Website: Click here to go the VIRTUS website home page.
VIRTUS Frequently Asked Questions
What is the 3 hour VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children for Adults training?
Protecting God’s Children® for Adults is training conducted by VIRTUS® certified facilitators on the prevention of child sexual abuse. The training makes participants aware of the signs of child sexual abuse, the methods and means by which offenders commit abuse, and five easy steps one can use to prevent child sexual abuse
Who is required to take VIRTUS classes?
Any parent that wishes to volunteer or chaperone that has direct contact with students. It is not required to participate in our weekend bake sales or Fiesta.
How can I complete this training?
You must sign up for a live class. Classes offered at our parish will be announced as they become available. You can also check for upcoming sessions at neighboring parishes at https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/ under their FAQs
Once you have completed the class, please be sure to submit your VIRTUS certificate to the office and keep a copy for your own records.
How long is my VIRTUS certificate good for?
It is valid for 4 years from the date taken. It is your responsibility to make note of when it expires.
What are monthly bulletins?
Once you have completed the VIRTUS training session, you are required to complete monthly bulletins. A Monthly Bulletin is a brief article and contains a multiple-choice question. You are required to read the article and answer the multiple choice question at the bottom of the page
Do I need a background check?
Yes! Any parent that wishes to volunteer or chaperone and has direct contact with students is required to be fingerprinted.
Live scan fingerprinting for the ADLA (Archdiocese of Los Angeles) is required and only needs to be done once in your lifetime. Parents should submit a copy of their Live scan paperwork to the office after they complete the fingerprinting process. Please be aware that the school regularly receives updates from the DOJ and will be notified if there is ever an infraction.
For more information about fingerprinting including a schedule and list of locations please visit: http://www.la-archdiocese.org/org/hr/Pages/fingerprinting.aspx
My VIRTUS certificate is about to expire. What are my options?
All clergy, staff, and volunteers who previously participated in the VIRTUS® Protecting God’s Children for Adults program are required to be VIRTUS® recertified every four years. Recertification takes place on or before the expiration date of the last certificate.
Recertification options include:
- Attending the one-and-a-half-hour VIRTUS® Keeping the Promise Alive recertification program
- Repeating the three-hour VIRTUS® Protecting God’s Children for Adults program
- Qualifying for an Option #3 Recertification by reading 48 VIRTUS® online bulletins over the four-year period
Please contact Annette Vichot at firstname.lastname@example.org to request on option #3 certificate.