Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for making our Open House so amazing! Special thanks to Ms. Sonia Martin, our Event Chair, Mrs. Pattie Padilla, Mrs. Gricel Guzman, Mrs. Lorena Lakey, and all our parents and students who gave their time to make the day a huge success. To our dedicated faculty and staff, I appreciate you for all you do! Mr. Pablo Flores thanks for making our school beautiful! St. Anthony’s is a warm and welcoming environment and Christ-centered community because of you. Happy Catholic Schools’ Week! Please see email from Room Parents and teachers for more information on dress up days.
We are excited to have Special Person’s Day this Friday, February 1! We will have our 8am Mass that day and ALL students can invite somebody they consider “special” to them, an adult 18 or older. We will celebrate Mass together honoring that Special Person (it’s optional to sit together with your child and their class), and then you may leave and return to have lunch with your child from 10:30am-11:50 am on our school grounds in designated areas. Dismissal is at 12 NOON ON 2/1, and daycare is provided. The “Special Person” will bring lunch for the student and they can eat together, beginning after recess (the schedule to sign out students in the office and with teachers is similar to that of “Trunk or Treat” during Halloween). The 8th grade class fundraiser meals can be picked up at 11am in the Hall! This will be a beautiful celebration and everyone is strongly encouraged to attend. Please let your teachers know in advance who your child’s special person will be.
Our 3rd STAR testing window will occur from 2/4-2/15. The 2nd trimester ends on 3/8. Please respond to any parent surveys you may receive via email to help us make our school better. Your voice counts! We look forward to continuing our Chastity Education program for Grades 6-8 next week. Tuesday, 2/5 is our 2nd Mandatory General Parent Meeting in the Hall at 6:30pm. Our 3rd and final Parent Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, May 1, so please mark your calendars. On Tuesday, 2/5, you will be able to sign up for your Fiesta Hours with Jim Torii, our Fiesta Chair.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2019 – 2020
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- Jan 28 –School Choir sings at Sts. Pius X-Matthias Academy in Downey (Mass celebrated by Archbishop Gomez)
- January 30- NET Retreat 7th grade at Serra High (parents to pick up and drop off at Serra 8:30am-3:00pm)
- January 31- NET Retreat 8th grade at Serra High (parents to pick up and drop off at Serra 8:30am-3:00pm)
- Jan 31 – Kids’ Heart Challenge Assembly (1-1:30pm for grades K-4 and 1:30-2pm for grades 5-8)
- Feb 1 – Special Person’s Day (adults over 18 please) 8 am mass and NOON dismissal, Daycare provided
- Feb 4-15 –3rd Window STAR testing (have kids sleep early and have a good breakfast)
- Feb 5- 100th Day of School
- Feb 5 – Mandatory General Parent Meeting #2, $50 fine for non-attendance
- Feb 6 – Make-Up Parent Formation Retreat for Sacraments 6-9pm in Old Church with Madonna Castro
- Feb 6-7- Talent Show auditions
- Feb 11- 8th Grade Group # 3 Lunch with Monsignor Pilato at Rectory 12 noon
- Feb 11-14 – Kids Heart Challenge Activities during PE for grades K-8
- Feb 14 – Valentine’s Day Pink/red shirts
- Feb 15 – Onward Readers Teacher PD, NO SCHOOL! Student Free Day
- Feb 18– Presidents Day Holiday, NO SCHOOL!
- Feb 19-20– Re-registration in the Hall 6-8pm (A-K/L-Z)
- Feb. 21- Theater West Field trip to Oliver (grades 5-8)
- Feb. 25- 8th Grade Group # 4 Lunch with Monsignor Pilato at Rectory, 12 noon
- Feb 26- Gradelink blocked and SAP Hosts Deanery Meeting in Hall, Lunch outside
- Feb. 28 –Talent show 1-3pm
- March 1 – Open Enrollment
- March 6 -Ash Wednesday, Lent Begins
- March 15 – 2nd Trimester Awards Ceremony
- March 18- Faculty Retreat- Student Free Day
- March 22- 8-3pm on Campus with Sr. Tina Dinh
- March 25 – First Reconciliation 5pm-7pm in Church
- March 30- School First Holy Communion Mass, 5:30pm in the Church
IMPORTANT EARLY REGISTRATION and RE-REGISTRATION INFO for RETURNING FAMILIES FOR 2018-2019! 2/19 and 2/20
Current families will have the chance to re-register on Feb 19 (last names A-K) and Feb 20 (last names L-Z) from 6-8pm in the Hall. SAVE THE DATES to secure your child/ren(’s) spot for next year, or you may be placed on the wait list.
YEARBOOK PRESALE $30 THROUGH 2/22
Yearbook pre-sales are here NOW through February 22 for $30! Beginning 2/23 the price will be $40. Reserve your hardcover Yearbook now by sending a check made payable to St. Anthony of Padua School with an order form. Any questions, contact Ms. E at email@example.com
St. Anthony – Pray for Us