Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for making our Catholic Schools’ Week so memorable! The faculty and staff are so grateful to have wonderful parents like you to help make our work experience at the school so enjoyable. We truly appreciate our community!
This Tuesday, 2/5, is our 2nd Mandatory General Parent Meeting in the Hall at 6:30pm. Our 3rd and final Parent Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, May 1, so please mark your calendars. On Tuesday, 2/5, you will be able to sign up for your 8 mandatory family Fiesta Hours with Jim Torii, our Fiesta Chair. Looking forward to seeing you all there. Erin Marthaler’s Mom, Pernil Luna-Marthaler and her company Coastal Coffees will be selling refreshments on 2/5 in the parking lot at 5:45pm that day. Please support our school by purchasing some food and drink items! We have much to be proud of. Please continue to support all our students and school programs. Please also come early and get a raffle ticket to win door prizes after the meeting. We ask you to respond to any parent surveys you may receive via email to help us make our school better. You will also get a chance to do the survey online during our meeting. Your voice counts and we would love your respectful and honest feedback to improve our school.
Can you believe on February 5th we will reach the 100th day of school ? Many more exciting activities are to come. Please see our calendar below and online. Thanks!
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2019
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- Feb 4-15 –3rd Window STAR testing (have kids sleep early and have a good breakfast)
- Feb 5- 100th Day of School (optional dress up day: What you would like like at 100 years old, see appropriate free dress guidelines)
- Feb 5 – Mandatory General Parent Meeting #2, $50 fine for non-attendance
- Feb 6 – Make-Up Parent Formation Retreat for Sacraments 6-9pm in Old Church with Madonna Castro
- Feb 7-8 – Talent Show auditions
- Feb 11- 8th Grade Group # 3 Lunch with Monsignor Pilato at Rectory 12 noon
- Feb 11-14 – Kids Heart Challenge Activities during PE for grades K-8
- Feb 14 – Valentine’s Day Pink/red shirts
- Feb 15 – Onward Readers Teacher PD, NO SCHOOL! Student Free Day
- Feb 18– Presidents Day Holiday, NO SCHOOL!
- Feb 19-20– Re-registration in the Hall 6-8pm (A-K/L-Z), March 1 – Open Enrollment
- Feb. 21- Theater West Field trip to Oliver (grades 5-8)
- Feb. 25- 8th Grade Group # 4 Lunch with Monsignor Pilato at Rectory, 12 noon
- Feb 26- Gradelink blocked, SAP Hosts Deanery Meeting in Hall –Lunch outside
- Feb. 28 –Talent show 1-3pm
- March 6 -Ash Wednesday, Lent Begins
- March 15 – 2nd Trimester Awards Ceremony
- March 18- Faculty Retreat- Student Free Day
- March 19 –K-8 Theater West Assembly in Hall
- March 22- First Holy Communion Retreat from 8-3pm on Campus with Sr. Tina Dinh
- March 25 – First Reconciliation, 5pm-7pm in Church
- March 30- School First Holy Communion Mass, 5:30pm in the Church
- April 10- Spelling Bee
- April 18- Noon Dismissal, No Daycare. Holy Thursday School Retreat
- April 19-26Spring Break
EXCITING REFERRAL INCENTIVES!
Parents who refer new families, who are assets to our community and remain in good standing for their whole first year, will receive a $150 referral incentive in Scrip, or the entire amount can be credited to your account in June. Families must request this from the office. Families can refer as many new students as they like (unlimited) but this would refer to families, (not $150 per new student). In addition, per the ADLA marketing initiative, we are also offering $100 off of tuition for the new families you refer and are accepted!
IMPORTANT EARLY REGISTRATION INFO for RETURNING FAMILIES the 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR! 2/19 and 2/20
Current families can re-register on Feb 19 (last names A-K) and Feb 20 (last names L-Z) from 6-8pm in the Hall. SAVE THE DATES to secure your child/ren(’s) spot for next year, or you may be placed on the wait list. All tuition contracts and parent handbook forms must be signed at re-registration, no exceptions. Non-refundable registration Fees are: $150/child: returning students and $175/child for new students and LATE registrants. All families MUST pre-register using the online link on the home page so we can garner accurate information before you arrive at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQCGJvNbXBDoboW7U3uD79Vk3zrVemo4JDXVjNBmQpJxVTAg/viewform.
If you need to apply for tuition assistance next year, please speak to Mr. Aguilar. You may pre-pay for registration fees in the office to expedite your time in the hall on your assigned night, unless there is a HOLD placed on your registration for some reason, in which case, you will need to speak to Mrs. Grey BEFORE re-registering or paying the fee. Families must sign up for their 8 Fiesta Hours with Jim Torii at our General Parent Meeting on 2/5.
Meet your Scrip commitment easily and quickly buy purchasing gift cards at the office for everyday needs like gas/groceries from Vons/Albertsons, Gardena Supermarket, Home Depot, Sam’s Club, Starbucks, and Vicki Marsha Uniform, among others!
St. Anthony – Pray for Us