Dear Parents and Guardians,
Happy Presidents’ Day! Hope you are enjoying your long weekend with your families. We will see you tomorrow and on Wednesday for re-registration nights in the Hall from 6-8pm. All parents must come in to sign tuition contracts, sign up for Fiesta hours, PLCs, pay for registration, and turn in all paperwork. Please fill out your registration packets and fill out the link online before your arrival to expedite your time in the hall. Please schedule a separate time for a conference with me if you would like to discuss any issues re: your child. That night, I will be meeting with all families individually to simply sign contracts. This will keep the evening flowing smoothly and keep us on schedule, as I am meeting with all returning school families in 2 days. I look forward to seeing you on 2/19 and 2/20 for re-registration!
I’d like to thank Mrs. Monica Rubalcava for coordinating our American Heart Association Kids’ Heart Challenge this year! We exceeded our $1000 goal and almost doubled it! We are so thankful to all families who participated, and to our teachers Ms. Lozano and Ms. Evangelista for being good sports during our assembly, when they agreed to get duct taped to the wall! It was such a fun Valentine’s Day celebration last Thursday! Thanks also to Coastal Coffees for the great drinks and treats!
Please note that there is a date change for our Special Person’s Family Social and Silent Auction, “Under the Stars”. It will be held on Saturday, 3/9. The attire is semi-formal. Hope to see you there! More info from your room parents to come!
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2019
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- Feb 18– Presidents Day Holiday, NO SCHOOL!
- Feb 19-20– Re-registration in the Hall for the 2019-2020 SY, 6-8pm (A-K/L-Z), March 1 – Open Enrollment to outside families
- Feb. 21- Music Theater West Field trip to Oliver (grades 5-8)
- Feb. 22 – Yearbook Presale Deadline! $30, after that it’s $40
- Feb. 25- 8th Grade Group # 4 Lunch with Monsignor Pilato at Rectory, 12 noon
- Feb 26- Gradelink blocked, SAP Hosts Deanery Meeting in Hall –Lunch outside on benches
- Feb. 28 –K-8 Talent show 1-3pm in Hall
- March 6- Ash Wednesday, Lent Begins
- March 9 – Special Person’s Semi-Formal Dance (NOTE THE DATE CHANGE FROM 3/2): Family Social and Silent Auction
- March 15 – 2nd Trimester Mass and Awards Ceremony in the church after 8am Mass
- March 18- Faculty Retreat- Student Free Day
- March 19 –K-8 Music Theater West Assembly in Hall
- March 22- First Holy Communion Retreat from 8-3pm on Campus with Sr. Tina Dinh
- March 25 – First Reconciliation, 5pm-7pm in Church and 8th grade Group #1 lunch with Msgr. Pilato
- March 30- School First Holy Communion Mass, 5:30pm in the Church
- April 4th – Jog-A-Thon, 8am -12pm
- April 10- Spelling Bee in Hall
- April 18- Noon Dismissal, No Daycare. Holy Thursday School Retreat
- April 19-26 EASTER Break
EXCITING REFERRAL INCENTIVES!
Parents who refer new families, who are assets to our community and remain in good standing for their whole first year, will receive a $150 referral incentive in Scrip, or the entire amount can be credited to your account in June. Families must request this from the office and can refer as many new students as they like (unlimited) but this would refer to families, (not $150 per new student). In addition, per the ADLA marketing initiative, we are also offering $100 off of tuition for the new families you refer, and are accepted!
IMPORTANT EARLY REGISTRATION INFO for RETURNING FAMILIES the 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR! 2/19 and 2/20
Current families can re-register on Feb 19 (last names A-K) and Feb 20 (last names L-Z) from 6-8pm in the Hall. SAVE THE DATES to secure your child/ren(’s) spot for next year, or you may be placed on the wait list. All tuition contracts and parent handbook forms must be signed at re-registration, no exceptions. Non-refundable registration Fees are: $150/child: returning students and $175/child for new students and LATE registrants. All families MUST pre-register using the online link on the home page so we can garner accurate information before you arrive at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQCGJvNbXBDoboW7U3uD79Vk3zrVemo4JDXVjNBmQpJxVTAg/viewform. You may pre-pay for registration fees in the office to expedite your time in the hall on your assigned night, unless there is a HOLD placed on your registration for some reason, in which case, you will need to speak to Mrs. Grey BEFORE re-registering or paying the fee. All Families are recommended by the Dept. of Catholic Schools to get on FACTS.
UPCOMING CLASSROOM PARENT MEETINGS/SURVEYS AND FEEDBACK
As we enter an accreditation year for our 2020 WASC/WCEA visit, we are asking all parents and students to fill out surveys to garner feedback. We will also be holding classroom meetings in all grade levels to update you all on what your children have been accomplishing this year, and let you know all the exciting things to come for the rest of the year. We thank you for your continued partnership in working together to raise your children to be great people!
St. Anthony – Pray for Us