Dear Parents and Guardians,
Last Thursday, we had our Talent Show, led by Mr. Perry and the Student Government, I was stunned at the courage and gifts of our student performers, and even more impressed at the way our audience sat respectfully and cheered on every act. Your children are a reflection of you and you should be proud. Our teachers also came strong with their surprise “Baby Shark” dance, which everyone enjoyed!
Our second trimester ends this Friday, 3/9. Please join us for our Mass and Awards Ceremony next Friday, 3/16, in the church after 8am Mass. At St. Anthony’s we love your kids as if they are our own. As we continue to work together to educate the “whole child,” we thank you for being active partners in education with us. Every day I see firsthand the way our dedicated faculty and staff work long hours, to ensure the best education possible here at St. Anthony’s. Catholic education is truly a vocation and a ministry, and I am aware of all the other choices in career opportunities available to our well-educated and experienced staff. Please be sure to thank our faculty and staff and show your appreciation to them for the selfless work they do for our children every day. I certainly appreciate each of them for their dedication and professionalism.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2018-2019
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- March 6- Ash Wednesday, Lent Begins, (Mass at 8am), No School Mass Friday, 3/8
- March 8– 2nd Trimester ends
- March 9 – Special Person’s Semi-Formal Dance (NOTE THE DATE CHANGE FROM 3/2): Family Social and Silent Auction
- March 11-15 Spring Scholastic Book Fair in the Library, Coastal Coffees on Campus all week
- March 14 – Green and Jeans Day to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this week
- March 15 – 2nd Trimester Mass and Awards Ceremony in the Church after 8am Mass
- March 16-21 – Parish Mission in the Hall with Fr. Bryan Malady
- March 18- Faculty Retreat Off Campus- Student Free Day (NO SCHOOL OR DAYCARE FOR STUDENTS)
- March 19 –K-8 Music Theater West Assembly in Hall
- March 21 – Spring Picture Day (Free Dress only for those purchasing pictures) Aladdin at Segerstrom in Santa Ana at 7:30pm
- March 22- First Holy Communion Retreat from 8-3pm on Campus with Sr. Tina Dinh
- March 25 – First Reconciliation, 5pm-7pm in Church and 8th grade Group #1 lunch with Msgr. Pilato
- March 30- School First Holy Communion Mass, 5:30pm in the Church
- April 1and April 8 – School Penance Services for grades 3-5, then grades 6-8 at 8:45am in Church
- April 4 – Jog-A-Thon, 8am -12pm
- April 10- Spelling Bee in Hall
- April 18- Noon Dismissal, No Daycare, Holy Thursday School Retreat
- April 19-26 – EASTER Break
- May 1– Final Mandatory meeting 6pm in Hall, 8th grade graduation Photos
- May 3 – May Crowning
- May 6-9 – 8th Grade Pilgrimage
- May 10- Muffins with Mom
- May 28– New Parent Orientation in the Hall 6:30-8 (Vicki Marsha in Rm 6, buy Scrip early!
- May 31 and June 1 – Theater: Aladdin performances in Hall at 7pm, get your presale tickets from Mrs. Garcia!
PARENT REFERRAL PROGRAMS!
Parents who refer new families, who are assets to our community and remain in good standing for their whole first year, will receive a $150 referral incentive in Scrip, or the entire amount can be credited to your account in June. Families must request this from the office and can refer as many new students as they like (unlimited) but this would refer to families, (not $150 per new student). In addition, per the ADLA marketing initiative, they are offering a $100 tuition discount for the new families you refer, and are accepted! Check out www.CatholicEd.com/Refer
CLASSROOM PARENT MEETINGS/SURVEYS AND FEEDBACK
As we enter an accreditation year for our 2020 WASC/WCEA visit, we are asking all parents and students to fill out surveys to garner feedback. Our classroom meetings in all grade levels started last week, to update you all on what your children have been accomplishing this year, and let you know all the exciting things to come for the rest of the year. If you ever have any questions or concerns about school, please ask your child’s homeroom teacher and your room parent, and know that I am here to assist as well. We thank you for your continued partnership to raise your children to be great people!
PARISH STATIONS OF THE CROSS/FISH FRY
Lent begins March 6 with Ash Wednesday! School Stations of the Cross are every Friday at 1pm in the church during Lent. Get your presale tickets in the office for Fish Fry in the Hall each Friday of Lent. We encourage all families to focus on Prayer, Fasting, and Almsgiving this Lent.
St. Anthony – Pray for Us