Dear Students, Parents/Guardians,
I want to wish you all a Happy Labor Day Holiday with your families! We resume classes on Tuesday, 9/7/21. This Wednesday morning at 8:30am, we will have our weekly outdoor all-school morning assembly.
This Wednesday, 9/8, is our VIRTUAL BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT at 6:30 pm on Zoom (Vicki Marsha Uniform Sale will be in Rm 7 after school on 9/8) and Chocolates for Fall Fundraiser are to be picked up this week at school (Tuesday and Wednesday at the Hall on 163rd St. See email and use Sign up Genius to pick up candies) The meeting at 6:30 pm usually happens in person, but this year it will be online. It isfor all parents/guardians of our school, and is the first of 3 mandatory meetings throughout the year. Non-participation for the entire night will result in a $50 fine. You will be signing up for October Parent Conferences that night with your child’s teachers, and will be letting teachers know if you want to get involved as parent volunteers. Our all school Zoom link will be sent out to everyone this week. In a separate email, your teachers will send you their links to their presentations. Each teacher will do the same 15-minute presentation twice, and will record one of the sessions to send you if you need a 3rd session, due to multiple children at our school. PLC Lead meetings and Room Parent meetings will occur on Zoom and will be scheduled after our 9/8 meeting.
Any questions, please feel free to reach out and contact me at email@example.com. I will be out of the office from 9/2-9/7 and our Vice Principal, Mrs. Navia, will be in charge when I am away from campus.
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2021-2022
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog for the most current information.)
- August 17-September 21: STAR Window 1 (School-wide testing) Please make sure students sleep early and eat a good breakfast)
- Monday, September 6: Labor Day No School
- Wednesday, September 8: Back to School Night 6:30 pm on Zoom(Vicki Marsha Uniform in Rm 7) and Chocolates for Fall Fundraiser to be picked up this week in Hall (9/7 after school and 9/8 time TBD)
- Monday and Tuesday, September 13 and 14: Gently Used Uniform Sale on campus before and after school (parent volunteers needed)
- Thursday, September 23: Fall Picture Day (All School Faculty and Staff Pictures, Attire: Formal Mass Uniforms)
- Monday, September 27: STUDENT FREE Day, Faculty preparation for WASC/WCEA Visit 10/19-10/21
- Friday October 1: Fall Fundraiser monies due
- Monday October 4 – Friday October 8 : Parent Conference Week -Progress Reports and STAR results for Window 1 go out at Conferences
- Friday October 8: Student Free Day – Parent Conferences continue
- Monday October 12 : No School – Student Free Day (Columbus Day)
- Saturday, November 6: Healing of the Family Tree Workshop in Church 10:30-4:30pm (SAVE THE DATE!)
INTERIOR MAINTENANCE PLC
If you are in need of service hours and can only work on the weekends, please consider joining our Interior Maintenance PLC. This group cleans the school on weekends from 12-3pm. There is an opportunity to earn up to 39 hours of service with this PLC! Thank you to our leads, Claudia Guzman and Priscilla Ortiz. We appreciate you! If you cannot help clean, consider donating cleaning supplies and Home Depot gift cards to the school for this purpose.
HANDBOOK AND IMPORTANT FORMS
Parents, please read the latest Parent Student Handbook online (the current one online is binding) at our website stanthonygardena.org to be up to date on our policies. Some rules and procedures have slightly changed, so please pay special attention to those changes. Please read and fill out all paperwork sent home and return to the office immediately. 100% compliance is greatly appreciated. If you want Counseling Services for your child through CPLA, those consent forms should be returned ASAP. Please pay close attention to the Christian Code of Conduct and Parent Student Pledge.
PLC SERVICE HOURS (30 hours per family this year)
All families must meet the 30 service hour commitment this year (10 per trimester). Please let me know if you want to be a PLC lead or if you are looking for hours. We need people to help with yard duty from 12-1 M-F and After School Care from 3-6pm most days. Thanks in advance! You can also donate items to Daycare for service hours or donate Target or Walmart gift cards to the office for service hours (1 service hour = $10). See wish list via email blast from Amy Lucas Palanca. Mrs. Nakayama and Angelic Nunez-Scott, our PLC leads, will also be meeting with other PLC leads and sports coaches to discuss service hour opportunities in the spring. Stay tuned for more information and updates at our Back to School Night next week Wednesday.
The Catholic Education Foundation (CEF) was recently given a $50 million dollar grant from an anonymous donor. It is to help boost enrollment in Catholic Schools. We need everyone’s help in Marketing this to our parish families. If anyone is in the Publicity and Marketing PLC, we would love to have you help us promote this by speaking after weekend Masses or talking to Religious Education Families in English or Spanish to promote our school and this wonderful opportunity.
St. Anthony of Padua – Pray for us