Dear Parents and Guardians,
Happy Mothers’ Day to our amazing moms! It was a beautiful Muffins with Moms event last Friday. Thank you to Claudia Guzman, Mr. Flores, and all our parent volunteers for making the morning so special for our mommies! Our Donuts with Dads Event is on 5/20, and we are looking for volunteers to help with that day as well with our Hospitality PLC. We continue to pray for the final weeks of pregnancy for our PE teacher, Mrs. Monica Rubalcava. The family is expecting a baby boy in June and we pray for a safe delivery! Our Interior Maintenance PLC cleaned this Saturday, May 7 and the last date for the year is on May 21 from 12:30-3:30pm. If you are interested in helping please sign up on the Sign up Genius or just show up. You can earn up to 3 service hours each time you help. Please contact Claudia Guzman at cm.Guzman.email@example.com or Priscilla Ortiz at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We continue with our All School Marian Consecration, which will culminate this Wednesday, May 11, the same day as our May Crowning, led by the 8th graders at 10:30 am in the Church. There is NO SCHOOL or DAYCARE for students May 12, 13, and 16. Please plan accordingly. We planned for a Fiesta this year, but it was canceled. This fee on the tuition contract will be waived this year.
Thank you for attending our 3rd and final mandatory General Parent Meeting on May 4 on Zoom. Next year we will resume in-person meetings. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at email@example.com. Our New Parent Orientation is on May 26 on Zoom at 6:30pm. Vicki Marsha Uniform will be on campus that day from 3-5:30pm after school if anyone wants to purchase new uniforms for their children. Our Gently Used Uniform Sale is now on May 16 (Student Free Day) and May 17.
Thank you all for voting for our school as BEST CATHOLIC SCHOOL and BEST PRIVATE SCHOOL for the Daily Breeze Readers’ Choice Awards! The deadline was yesterday. Student Government campaigns begin today. Best of luck to all our students running for leadership positions. I’m so proud of them!
Mrs. Grey, Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2021-2022
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org and your child’s teacher’s blog, along with our SAP School app for the most current information.)
- May 2-31: STAR Window 3
- May 9: Student Government Campaigns Begin
- May 11: May Crowning led by 8th grade and last day of All School Marian Consecration
- May 12-13: Student Free Day (faculty and staff PDs and purging school, packing up classrooms for summer renovations) Parents and students needed to help for service hours
- May 16: Student Free Day Teacher PD (No School for students) Gently Used Uniform Sale
- May 16-17: End of Year Gently Used Uniform Sale led by Patty Dungo (clean donations can be brought to office, especially Kinder and 8th grade uniforms)
- May 18: Student Government Speeches and voting (Google Classroom)
- May 18: Morning assembly in Hall and then Frozen Jr. Preview K-8 from 8:30-10am
- May 20: Donuts with Dads
- May 23: Last School Lenten Penance Service starting at 8:45 grades 2-5, 10:15-12 grades 6-8
- May 26: New Parent Orientation (Zoom at 6:30pm)
- May 26: Vicki Marsha Uniform Sale on Campus in Rm 6 (New Uniform Sale) 3-5:30pm
- May 27: Parent Service Hours due, Service hours on Gradelink cutoff date, Inauguration of new Student Government, Gradelink Blocked, end of 3rd trimester for 8th grade
- May 30: NO SCHOOL Memorial Day Holiday
- May 31: Crossover Day grades K-7 (summer projects and supply lists go home) at 9am
- June 1: Classroom Musicals (K,2,4) 8:15am
- June 2: Classroom Musicals (1,3,5) 8:15am
- Friday, June 3: Frozen Jr. 7pm
- Saturday, June 4: Frozen Jr. 7pm
- Friday, June 10: 8th Grade Mass at 10am and Graduation Ceremony in the Church, clean school for summer renovations, Folklorico event in the Hall in the evening
- June 13: Feast Day of St. Anthony of Padua (last full day), Msgr. Sal’s 30 year ordination anniversary!
- June 14-16: Noon Dismissal
- Wed, June 15: Kinder Promotion in the Hall
- Thursday, June 16: Last Day of School, Summer Break! (noon dismissal, end of year Staff Party off campus)
- Shea Family Charities Renovations June 20-Sept. 5 (first day of school pending)
It is imperative for parents of returning students to complete the Registration process ASAP. We are in open enrollment and if you have not registered, your child will be waitlisted. Should you have any questions, please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One easy way to help you reach your $500 financial commitment is to purchase Scrip throughout the year. We accept credit cards in the office for your orders making it easier than ever! It’s basically buying gift cards to purchase things like groceries, gas, gifts, or things you need and want on a daily basis, but you can get fundraising credit for a portion of every gift card you buy! Work smarter, not harder! We have Scrip for Starbucks, Vons, Albertsons, Sam’s Club, Home Depot, Gardena Supermarket, and so much more.
SCHOOL DONATIONS AND SERVICE HOURS THROUGH INTERIOR MAINTENANCE
For families looking to pay off their service hour commitment 10 per trimester (30 for the year), our school gives the option to buy Scrip/gift cards and donate them to SAP. We buy a lot of materials and supplies from Office Depot, Walmart/Sam’s Club, and Target for much needed supplies, so if you buy Scrip valued at $10/hour and donate it to the school to offset costs, we will credit your service hour account. (Next year our service hours will be worth $15/hr. to keep up with the minimum wage.) Parents who volunteer on Saturdays can earn service hours cleaning our school with the Interior Maintenance PLC. Please join the group. Thanks in advance! The last 2 Saturdays are May 7 and May 21.
MAY 12-13 CLEAN UP DAYS
Shea Family Charities will be renovating our school over the summer from June 20-September 5. Our hope is to start school in person this fall, so the earliest we can begin is September 6. The new school year will start on 8/29/22 and end on 6/16/23. Please note this. We typically start school in mid-August, but that is not possible this year. Please help us clean up our garage and our classrooms on May 12-13. Our school will offer service hours to parents and students. Please reach out to the office or your teachers if you are able to volunteer. Due to Fiesta, those days are typically Student Free Days. This year we will be purging, cleaning, and organizing our classrooms for the renovations. We hope to have everything packed and put away by June 10. Thanks in advance for your help! We are in need of boxes. Everything in the K-8 classrooms, the learning lab, library, and garage must be packed.
GENTLY USED UNIFORM SALE MAY 16 (Student Free Day) and MAY 17
Ms. Patty Dungo is our PLC lead for the Gently Used Uniform Sale that will take place on 2 days in the mornings and afternoons on 5/16 and 5/17. If you can help, please choose a slot on the Sign up Genius.
St. Anthony of Padua – Pray for us