November 7, 2023
Greetings Parents and Guardians!
Can you believe that Christmas Season is almost upon us? This year has flown by as usual! The students
and I are beginning to prepare for our annual Christmas Program.This year, we will be performing A Candlelight Processional! The Candlelight Processional is a collection of songs, stories, and acting that plays homage to the birth of our Savior!
THE CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL, IS ON WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2023, AT 6:00PM IN THE CHURCH. STUDENTS NEED TO BE IN THEIR CLASSROOMS AT 5:30PM THAT EVENING. PLEASE HAVE THEM EAT DINNER BEFORE ARRIVAL. NO FOOD WILL BE SERVED THAT NIGHT. It is imperative that students show up on time and in costume! PLEASE BE PUNCTUAL AND ON TIME! Students will receive a grade for this performance, so encourage them to do their best.
We have some rules and procedures in place to ensure that we keep in mind that we are in a church setting which is different from a performance venue. We are striving to honor God and respect that we are in the church.
- Attendance will be limited to immediate family parents or guardians, brothers, sisters, and grandparents of the students. Please stick to this rule. You are required to RSVP through this link by Monday December 11, 2023, at midnight.
- Doors will open at 5:30pm at the Church. Please have your entire group together. There will be a check in table at the side entrance closest to our classrooms. Please enter from that side.
- Once in the church, please stay in your seats as much as possible. Students will be sitting in the front pews. We will NOT be allowing you to move around to take pictures. Please take pictures from your seat. Mrs. Avila will be taking official pictures, and we are happy to share them with you. We also may be filming the performance for our records.
- There should be no food, beverages, gum, or hats (boys and men) worn inside
- You may clap politely after each class performs, but there should be no yelling or loud, obnoxious cheering or clapping. Please be mindful that we are in the House of God.
- During the performance, please remain in your seats and be mindful and respectful that a performance is going on. People want to hear the performers, singers, and speakers. If you are talking, it takes away from the performance.
- Following the final song students will process out back to their seats. You can pick students up from the church after Mrs. Grey has announced the raffle winners and we end the show. Dismissal should be around 8pm. Teachers will have a check out list, please make sure they are aware you are taking your student.
- Each student has a role at the very end of the show. Please DO NOT pick your student up early. They can be picked up in their in the church once the show has finished.
- This is a “required” performance, however, if your child is sick or showing symptoms of Covid-19 or the flu, we ask that they stay home. Please email Mrs. Jessica Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org) and they will be excused from the performance.
There will be no food vendor at the show this year. Please make sure to have your students eat something before they arrive at 5:30pm. We will be done by 8pm so they may be hungry if they do not eat beforehand.
I have attached a flier about the performance along with a page about costumes for the students. The students will not need to bring or wear their costume until the night of the actual performance. Please have them dressed and ready to go! If you are a 5th grader in the Nativity, you will need to create a traditional Nativity costume. I do have some Nativity costumes in room 5, so please let me know if your student would like to use one. The cast list for the 5th graders will be sent out to the 5th grade families.
For the show, face masks are not required for the students, and I’d prefer for the students to NOT wear masks while they perform (unless they are recovering from being sick). If you would like them to wear a mask, please buy a black one for them to wear so they can look uniform with each other.
I am looking forward to seeing you all at the Candlelight Processional! If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email me.
Thank you for your continued support and God bless you always!