Dear SAP School Families,
What an amazing Catholic Schools’ Week we had! Thank you for the outpouring of love and support for our faculty, staff, and administration last week. We hope you enjoyed Parent Appreciation Day! Your children enjoyed themselves this week and so did we.
Our 2nd STAR testing window ends tomorrow, February 6. We will have one more STAR testing window at the end of the year to measure student progress.
Progress reports go home this Wednesday, February 7, which is the same day as our 2nd Mandatory General Parent Meeting in person in the Hall at 6:30pm. Please attend in person or send a family member in your place if you can’t come, to avoid a $50 fine for non-participation.
NO CHILDCARE is provided that night. Only one parent needs to come.
Today is our 100th day of school! Our 1st graders will come to school dressed as 100 year olds!
February 8 is our culminating event in the Hall for our junior high session of “Dancing with the Students.” Mrs. Jessica Garcia will send out more information to families, as these take place during Music and PE times. Our students have been working hard and we can’t wait to see all they have learned! Cast lists for Beauty and the Beast will also go out on February 8. Thank you to all who auditioned! This year there will be 4 performances. Stay tuned for more information.
As I write this, we are still waiting for Baby Reyes’ arrival. We pray for the Reyes family at this exciting and special time. Mr. Reyes will be out on paternity leave when his baby arrives, and then he will be on a WASC/WCEA Visiting Committee at another school in February.
Our Spelling Bee and Talent Show are coming up soon. More info to come!
Angela Grey, Principal
Gabriel Reyes, Co-Principal
SCHOOL CALENDAR 2023-2024
(Be sure to always check www.stanthonygardena.org, your child’s teacher’s blog, and the Parish website at www.saintanthonygardena.org/parish-bulletin/ for the most current information.)
- January – Musical: Beauty and the Beast cast list sent out 2/8 and rehearsal is 2/13 3:15-5:15pm
- February 5 – 100th day of School, Mrs. Grey out today
- February 6 – STAR window 2 ends, Musical Theater Parent Meeting
- February 7 – 2nd Mandatory General Parent Meeting in the Hall, 6:30pm ($50 fine for non-attendance)
- February 7 – Progress Reports Go home for 2nd trimester (parents please sign and return)
- February 8 – Dancing with the Students Finale in Hall 10:45-11:45 (Cast list sent out for Beauty and the Beast)
- February 14 – Valentine’s Day and ASH WEDNESDAY (Mass uniforms), beginning of Lent
- February 19 – Presidents’ Day Holiday NO SCHOOL
- February 20-23: Re-Registration Week for returning students (all online)
- February 23 – Lion King field trip to Segerstrom that evening, Fish Fry/Stations of the Cross in the Hall
- February 23 – Yearbook Pre-Sale ends
- February 28 – All School Spelling Bee 10:30-12 in Hall
- March 7 – Talent Show K-8 at 1pm in Hall
- March 14 – Santiago Retreat Center 6th grade
- March 15-17 – Catalina 7th grade trip
- March 29-April 5– Easter Break
- April 8-12 – 7th and 8th grade Washington, DC trip (Mrs. Grey, Mr. Richardson, Mrs. Patel, Ms. Gomez, Mrs. Rubalcava out)
- April 23-24 – ARK testing
- April 29-May 2 – Thousand Pines 8th grade Retreat
- May 1-30 – Hundred X EFG fundraiser for $20,000 $1.60 for each quality brand opinion
- May 13 – May Crowning, and culmination of All School Marian Consecration (starts 4/10)
- May 17-19 – Parish Fiesta
YEARBOOK PRE SALE $35 THROUGH 3/1
Yearbook pre-sales are here NOW through March 1 for $35! Beginning 3/2 the price will be $45. Reserve your hardcover Yearbook now by sending a check made payable to St. Anthony of Padua School with an order form.
IMPORTANT EARLY REGISTRATION and RE-REGISTRATION INFO for RETURNING FAMILIES
Mark your calendars for Feb 20-23: Re-Registration for current students will take place that week. All registration forms can be filled out online! Stay tuned for more information from Mr. Aguilar. Those with registration holds will be notified. New Kindergarten Registration is now happening for preschool students and siblings of current students. Congratulations to all our new students who have been accepted to our school for the 2024-2025 school year! We will open registration to the public on 3/1.
INTERIOR MAINTENANCE PLC and SERVICE HOUR BUYOUT
Please sign up for the Interior Maintenance PLC for service hours that can be earned on certain Saturdays from 12:30-3:30 p.m. You can also donate Scrip at the front office for school expenses. You may buy out your service hours for $15/hour for Scrip, such as Home Depot, Office Depot, Target, Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, and Starbucks. Next year, the price goes up to $17/hr to keep up with inflation and CA’s minimum wage.
MONTHLY EMERGENCY DRILLS
Our school has at least one safety drill per month. Please discuss procedures and your family’s plan with your children in the event of a fire, lockdown/intruder alert, or earthquake when they are at home.
All visitors on campus must check in and out of the office at all times and wear a VISITOR badge. All Volunteers must be Fingerprinted through the ADLA, cleared, and have a current Virtus Training Certificate. AM and PM carline and lunch yard duty volunteers (from 12-1 daily) are needed. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. For safety reasons, please call before you come to the office and buzz yourself in. Do not prop the door open for anyone, especially strangers. All parents are welcome to join the SAFETY PLC to increase security on our campus.
EARN ONE SERVICE HOUR FROM HOME!
Parents who review our school online on Yelp, Google, AND greatschools.org will earn up to one service hour after you send me your screenshots of all 3 sites as proof: to email@example.com.
St. Anthony of Padua – Pray for Us